The OcUK Relationship Counselling and Hugs Thread

Soldato
Well she cancelled. She got drunk as a skunk and can't keep anything down this morning. :(

Obviously decided she'd rather go out and get trashed than have a date with you. If she's that good looking, she's probably used to getting away with whatever she wants. At least she cancelled on you instead of just doing a no-show.

Soldato
Well she cancelled. She got drunk as a skunk and can't keep anything down this morning. :(

I'm a firm believer in the saying "Don't make someone a priority when they view you as an option", make her work for your attention if she wants it or personally I'd just be straight and tell her you're done with her.

So my ex has been keeping it classy and slagging me off on twitter

Just delete and block, you're not together anymore... stop looking!

Caporegime
Yeah it is a bit disrespectful IMO. It is our first time meeting so first impressions are essential, so if she thinks it is going to be a messy night and be hungover, just cancel it completely and reschedule. :rolleyes:

Exacrly its your first meet, so shes never even met you at rhis point.

But you expect to be a higher priprity than her friends already?

Sorry but random internet date comes second to a night out with good mates.

Id be more worried if she bailed out on friends for a bloke shed never met

Soldato
Exacrly its your first meet, so shes never even met you at rhis point.

But you expect to be a higher priprity than her friends already?

Sorry but random internet date comes second to a night out with good mates.

Id be more worried if she bailed out on friends for a bloke shed never met

Oh don't get me wrong, I wouldn't expect her to ditch her friends over some reason person. I'd be the same myself if I was in her position. I just think if she felt that it was going to be a messy night and the next day is a write which it is from chatting to her today, why agree in the first place to meet today.

Caporegime
Oh don't get me wrong, I wouldn't expect her to ditch her friends over some reason person. I'd be the same myself if I was in her position. I just think if she felt that it was going to be a messy night and the next day is a write which it is from chatting to her today, why agree in the first place to meet today.

As she might not have known about the party or not been sure she was gping untill after your two arranged to meet.

Soldato
As she might not have known about the party or not been sure she was gping untill after your two arranged to meet.

Then no offence but he should have been the priority if she made other plans after they'd agreed to meet. It's just good manners, though that said if she clearly isn't that interested it would be better to simply say she's going to cancel than keeping him on a shoe string waiting...

Soldato
If it was me, doesn't matter if its a random person off the internet, family member, long time friend, work meeting. I wouldn't go out and get smashed the night before if I had arranged to meet someone, it's right out bad mannered. At least have the self respected to control their drinking and be a in good state to meet up the following day.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah no random stranger still comes way below possibly quite rare house party.

How would you react if it was your friend?

You invite them to a party fir whtever reason you felt party worthy and they say "oh no i have s date with some girl from PoF the next day"

Csn you see that ending with "oh ok mate thsts very responsible" or you going " come on man you csn go on a date any day XYZ psrty is going to be awesome you csnt just ditch your friebds for some random bird of the internet"

Etc.

Soldato
Well she has text and apologised for cancelling on the Sunday morning.

I can see what you're saying Tefal, but I'd have to agree with Malachi's statement, that it doesn't matter who she was meeting the next day, if you've made prior arrangements, try and stick to them.

Anyway she wants to still meet for coffee so we'll see what happens.

Man of Honour
It's not even got anything to do with prior plans as such but as soon as she knew that the next day was probably going to be a write off it's as simple as saying "Sorry won't be able to make Sunday can we reschedule" none of this "Oh I'll see how I feel on the day and let you know" There's nothing worse than having to sit around with your thumb up your arse waiting for someone to say yay or ney.

Soldato
It's not even got anything to do with prior plans as such but as soon as she knew that the next day was probably going to be a write off it's as simple as saying "Sorry won't be able to make Sunday can we reschedule" none of this "Oh I'll see how I feel on the day and let you know" There's nothing worse than having to sit around with your thumb up your arse waiting for someone to say yay or ney.
Totally agree. Anyway enough moaning, time to reschedule. :p

Back
Top Bottom