The OcUK Relationship Counselling and Hugs Thread

Soldato
In more cases than not if a woman splits with you and then after a few months wants you back - the bloke they dumped you for has dumped them...

Pretty much this or she has been banging loads of dudes in the hope of finding a good one and is going back to to you because she cannot

Soldato
  • 11 years with girlfriend, not happy as of last 2 years approx
  • had an affair with a married woman I work with, ended up falling in love, neither of us expected it
  • realised I'm not happy in my current relationship, in the middle of seperating atm
  • realised I can't trust the married woman I fell for, ended it and trying my best to stay away
All kinds of messed up atm, my own fault I know

You should have told your girlfriend you weren't happy but it happens but this is a bit mad. Why cant you trust the married woman? I mean apart from the obvious.

Soldato
Is it not obvious? If someone will be unfaithful for you to get involved with them, then they can be unfaithful to you with someone else if you become serious. That's why they say a relationship that starts as cheating will end in cheating.

Associate
Is it not obvious? If someone will be unfaithful for you to get involved with them, then they can be unfaithful to you with someone else if you become serious. That's why they say a relationship that starts as cheating will end in cheating.

Generalisation.. my wife was (unhappily) married (abusive husband) when we met. We're still together 28 years later (mostly happy!) but now you mention it.... she could be cheating! :)

Soldato
Generalisation.. my wife was (unhappily) married (abusive husband) when we met. We're still together 28 years later (mostly happy!) but now you mention it.... she could be cheating! :)
Of course it's a generalisation, everything is really :) Especially from some in here... Of course your situation isn't the average and I've been in similar. If you've been sleeping on the floor/couch for months and are more or less separated, I don't know whether I would label that as infidelity for instance.

Soldato

Same with my friend, been together for over 10 years and have a child together BUT there is always something at the back of their minds. The same could happen to him. Its a risk you take.

I wouldn't do it though!

Soldato
Well am not surprised just going back to my situation the ex is with some one else and he already lives with her.

Probably was far more than she says but can't prove it nor will I waste time dwelling on it, my priority is just my son.

I have been going out keeping busy when possible and seeing friends some I haven't seen in awhile and some new, tbf it's been fun when I have got out. Having another night out on Thursday with a friend who is laugh and she has good sense of humour just what I need right now tbh.

Hope every one else situations are improving who posted after myself too!

Soldato
People will say it's a sweeping statement but women don't often leave a relationship without someone else lined up unless it's particularly bad.

You seem to be handling it like a champ though!
Think part of why am not lisint entire plot is two reason one my son and second well I was unhappy with bits too.

Even if this person wasn't on scene and she asked for me back I'd say no

Soldato
Well that's painful, feel for you bud! Less than a month after you found out she wanted out of your relationship?
Approx 3 weeks at most, but hey ho, she will have it allot harder coming months as he has 2 kids and his ex isn't playing nice but tbf not my problem.

I only care that my son is fine any issues they have cause of his situation couldn't care less

Soldato
Indeed, as you've got your priorities straight then that should make the transition easier.

Are you happy with your son meeting the new man so soon if he's living there, or is that something which needs to be discussed?

Soldato
Approx 3 weeks at most, but hey ho, she will have it allot harder coming months as he has 2 kids and his ex isn't playing nice but tbf not my problem.

I only care that my son is fine any issues they have cause of his situation couldn't care less

It isnt your problem but im assuming your son does live with her on occasions so keep an eye on it.

Fair play for handling it like you are though mate.

Associate
Well am not surprised just going back to my situation the ex is with some one else and he already lives with her.

Probably was far more than she says but can't prove it nor will I waste time dwelling on it, my priority is just my son.

I have been going out keeping busy when possible and seeing friends some I haven't seen in awhile and some new, tbf it's been fun when I have got out. Having another night out on Thursday with a friend who is laugh and she has good sense of humour just what I need right now tbh.

Hope every one else situations are improving who posted after myself too!

best way forward. You'll enjoy yourself and feel more positive... and who knows... and sending good thoughts for others, hopefully some karmic payback for you too

Soldato
Indeed, as you've got your priorities straight then that should make the transition easier.

Are you happy with your son meeting the new man so soon if he's living there, or is that something which needs to be discussed?
Well he isn't new to the scene as such this fella was a friend of us both (ovs not really a fan of him now!) My son knew of him anyway and they do get on and theo gets along really well with his daughter.

In that sense I'm not too worried my only concern is its allot for my son to adjust to in space of weeks

Back
Top Bottom