***The Official Forza Motorsport 3 Thread***

All these technical improvements with graphics, audio and content are welcomed but i just hope they have been able to come up with a tougher more challenging and exciting single player experience.

All I'll say is that I'm sure they will, just have a very very good feeling that this will not dissapoint :)

As above really, and cars like the Mclaren SLR/Veyron and a few others that use spoilers above a certain speed, and the SLR also using it as an air brake.

Is kind of annoying not being in, but hey, no point moaning about it on the few cars that do have it.

I'm not finding fault or moaning about it, but it is a bit of a disappointment for that feature not to be in a game such as Forza. It's going to be great anyway.

Airbrakes etc. should really be in there if they've bothered to go as far as having tyre deformation. It's not going to ruin the game, but it would be a nice touch.

Airbrakes etc. should really be in there if they've bothered to go as far as having tyre deformation. It's not going to ruin the game, but it would be a nice touch.

I was championing that fact over on the official forums, it's a nice touch to have and adds a nice visual impact IMO.

It was initially quite disappointing in a way for me, but the more work I realise they are putting in, the more I'm happier to accept that deadlines where the reason it had to be cut.

Nicely, the leaked Tofu-R information at least shows, it's in the list of features they wanted, along with weather/nighttime etc etc..

On the plus side, at least it should be more possible in FM4 since the graphics engine is pretty much good enough now, just some minor tweaks for the next version are required, the rest should be content/features etc.

I was championing that fact over on the official forums, it's a nice touch to have and adds a nice visual impact IMO.

It was initially quite disappointing in a way for me, but the more work I realise they are putting in, the more I'm happier to accept that deadlines where the reason it had to be cut.

Nicely, the leaked Tofu-R information at least shows, it's in the list of features they wanted, along with weather/nighttime etc etc..

On the plus side, at least it should be more possible in FM4 since the graphics engine is pretty much good enough now, just some minor tweaks for the next version are required, the rest should be content/features etc.

Same here

I've had a whinge over on their forum but i can live without it.

I'm really tempted to stop looking for info on this game now. I'd like to just have to full game in front of me and found out things on my own. I know i won't have the will power though as i know they're going to release loads more info soon.:(

hmm Just seen the latest video on pex. am not sure if I like the sound of the new carrer mode. Also is that rewind feature usable in all single player races? It's a lovely feature but that just seems like cheating

Last edited:
hmm Just seen the latest video on pex. am not sure if I like the sound of the new carrer mode. Also is that rewind feature usable in all single player races? It's a lovely feature but that just seems like cheating

The career mode has 2 ways of using it.

1. You have a calendar style system, each race you do determines the next 3 events given to you on your calendar, so it dynamically changes the choices based on several factors.. Trying to keep you in racing how you like.. This sounds a bit better
or
2. As seen in the vids you can just bypass the calendar and see all events, which are unlocked depending on various things.

The rewind is available all the time, and yes it could be used to just go for an easy life, if you are that lazy of course, you can just hire an AI driver and not even do the races at all.. Or set the AI to super-easy, etc..

The problem with all these racing games is that to keep it accessible you can always dumb them down to make it super easy, you have to self moderate if you want the ultimate challenge, this is just an evolutionary step in making it more fun, certainly not revolutionary, which is OK I guess.

Well Im chuffed that Turn 10 have done many things that improves this game over not just FM2 but many previous racing games.

I like the way you can now goto somones own content page and see their replays/photos etc. Its very clever how they are implementing this and then allowing people to be graded/complemented for their work and ability.
They seem to have a mix of good ideas particulary that are community based and theyve nailed this "painting" or "video" user content.

The rewind feature will be usefull but i dont want to get into a habbit of not earning my wins. I like the idea though you can use it to create your videos, but then I kinda hate that too as now video replays could be stitched from many rewinds and not show somone doing just an awesome lap unaided.
Do you get what im saying here guys? Its as if achieving what you want is more important than how you achieve it.

Love the openspace to show off the cars, which runs as a background, I hope that allows you to place a car where you want on the track in whatever position. I can see me playing about with that just admiring the cars or tracks. From this last video again the AI looks to be terribly slow and innaccurate regards cars performance or overtaking between AI. How Id of wished to of seen a video of AI cars jostling for position. I just hope again its not such a problem when the games difficulty level is set to its max. It really will be a shame if this game improves in so many ways yet the AI is still limited in offering a real challenge.

The rewind feature will be usefull but i dont want to get into a habbit of not earning my wins. I like the idea though you can use it to create your videos, but then I kinda hate that too as now video replays could be stitched from many rewinds and not show somone doing just an awesome lap unaided.
Do you get what im saying here guys? Its as if achieving what you want is more important than how you achieve it.

This^^ explained it better than I ever could

I think it's a time will tell..

End of the day, what I bring myself back to is the certification aspect, and the fact that using rewind un-certifies that lap/race.. No matter what they do with their video, unless their time is on the leaderboard as certified it's meaningless.

The other thing is, you can put your 'replay' itself up for download, this isn't a video, just the normal saved replay (presumably offered on your storefront), and people can download that and see your lap, I hope that certification is shown in this, so you know if it's a pukka lap or not..

The actual video aspect, well you can only export 30 second clips at a time, and so any video of a lap will be stitched together from many clips, in which case, all video'd replays must be taken as 'editied' anyway, and have lost a little integrity, for the real lap, the bare replay and leaderboards should hopefully be enough to stop 'cheaters' claiming fast laps..

I think it's a time will tell..

End of the day, what I bring myself back to is the certification aspect, and the fact that using rewind un-certifies that lap/race.. No matter what they do with their video, unless their time is on the leaderboard as certified it's meaningless.

Getting What You Want Too Easily
Im not referring to certified laps online. More really general gameplay in single player and how that effects how a gamer is moulded in the way they play the game.
My point with this kind of feature is that it ruins how a person has to build or achieve their skill set to win races or in learing how to overtake cleanly and improve as a driver in the game. True we could use it in TTs to perfect corners or segments of tracks at a time without having to do full laps or restarting in pratacising but I want a damn simulation not an arcade implementation on how i can compete or improve as a racer/player.

Not Like Old School
I just feel it cheets how a player can progress throughout the game. Now if you go off and before it was always tough learn not to go off, learn not to spin the car, learn not to out brake. Now balls to that you just hit rewind as many times as you like and complete the race to progress to the next level.

Rewind/Cheat Till You Win Attitude
People cheat constantly in games and personally I hate that.
Some players will abuse this because to win races in singleplayer basically the player can learn now how to spin an AI car and knock the hell outta them till he gets the desired result for an easy race win. Lose a race on the last corner because you made a mistake, ahh just rewind and keep replaying the last 20 seconds till you win or cheet by bashing the car that gained the lead.

Hooligans Online?
The problem with this is how it effects the mindset when people play online, do you think with rewind it will improve their skills, it will improve them to be patient? No and the reason is because with rewind you dont get penalised.
Its effectively a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card. Racing is a cruel sport at times and I dont see how "rewind" helps a player to become better rather then enable them to take advantage, be lazy or get into a habbit that winning is all that matters for maximium cash at the end of the race. I think unless the penality system for online is very good FM3 is going to have lots of contact races. Thankfully then its finding a group you like to play with

Learn Earn & Appreicate Achieving Your Skill
Now heres the million dollar question
Can Turn 10 show us what new features they have for people that want the opposite. Im sure their are people out their that want unforgiving physics, that want a game that bites if you go beyond the limit, that makes the game require you to respect the power and handling of these cars. Give me a gameplay mode that like how iracing has evolved discourages you to drive widly and tries to get you to be patient in honing you skill. Go off wreck your car its going to cost you lots of cash and your skill setting/rating. If Turn 10 are so great at amking the game so easy to get into and appealing to almost everyone then and ive asked this before how are they for making the sim fans even happier regards features that make the game harder not easier?

Id even welcome if they disabled rewind in the games hardest difficulty and further things can be done to make the game rival closely to some of the best PC sims.
Still I have reservations on how or what they have done to ensure "as a sim" how FM3 improves greatly.

Even though Im going to love the game and enjoy it immensly.

Last edited:
You still have to get round the corner fast to win races no matter how many times you rewind. So it is obviously going to help improve the players skill level.

Like all the other assists, you don't HAVE to use them., so i'm not quite sure why people are bothered about it. Why would you care how someone else plays their game?

All these great shots you get on top gear when they are racing round the track, you seriously don't think it was all done in one take do you?

I think it's a nice option to have, the rewind, but if you don't want to use it- don't. I'd agree that using it must have some form of penalty or it takes away the challenge, but for a 'casual' racer such as myself spinning off because I'm inexperienced and learning the track can become a chore, rewinding and reattempting sounds better.

If only the option existed in real life driving :D

Back
Top Bottom