***The Official Forza Motorsport 3 Thread***

Best not tell him you can hire a driver (as per FM2) and not even do any racing at all... :)

:D

I would have enjoyed this feature more if they had given the drivers more character. Just a face would have helped but all you got was a name and a few statistics.

I don't think i used it at all on my first run through the SP. I did use it on some endurance races on my 2nd though.

Dedicated servers the guy said is this new ?.

Yeah i think there will be dedicated servers. T10 will monitor how we play the game, looking at which are the most popular game types and run similar setups.

We will still be able to host our own though, just like FM2.

I'm amazed people are still moaning about the assists/rewind. Those features are completley OPTIONAL. If you don't want to use them, then.....don't :confused:

On my part it wasnt moaning, its discussing if the effect of such will alter how people play, change their habbits, reduce the single player experience without as many restarts. Will it help or reduce the chances of players improving as a driver or will it make them even less patient, less controlled and less or more accident prone?

Why does questioning somthing have to be moaning?
Its easy saying oh i wont use it, thats balls people will including myself so its something I wonder if it might become a habbit and perhaps a bad one? I kinda feel guilty I might be cheating the game but thats tough for the AI then aint it....

As said other games have used such a feature but they wernt as sim based or perhaps were more arcade styled games.

Last edited:
Game Trailers New Videos
Great Audio & Rewind

Oh and for those into their racing games see ign had a new video of PSP GT.
Pay attention to the VEYRON (you guys mentioned earlier)

2s627ms.jpg

Active Aero :)

Last edited:
Active aero would be a nice touch, as would the in car gear change animations, but at the end of the day, its nothing, its eye candy in a replay, yes, but if you're racing in external view, you are doing something wrong anyways, and if you're drifting at the speed where aero would pop up (The only excuse for using external chase view), you're doing it wrong!

As much as it'd be a nice feature, at the end of the day its not something unique, awesome or something I would give up storefront, vinyls, the paint colours, tyre deformation, or anything else in the long long list of positives this game has going for it, for a pop up spoiler :)

If GT5-P is anything to go by, it can have all the pop ups, gear changes etc.. but if they use the Prologue physics engine, it'll be nothing more than over gripping into ice skating in a fraction of a second with no inbetween and cars where nailing the throttle ina 4WD car after spinning immediately faces you the right way and keeps you going forwards and forwards only.

This is coming from someone who enjoy Gran Turismo and wants it to succeed!

Lets point out I wasnt comparing anything, just happy to see a game show the car in full action, thats going to be particulary nice in replays.

As for the animations, not worried about them at all.
Its not really a game enchancement and Id agree the development time it would have taken would have been and probably was used better elsewhere.

Cant wait to get this and the new wheel...

This game looks amazing!

I'm starting my Forza 2 game again - I didn't get very far.

I think I've only got 85G on it, I'm finding it hard to get the acheivements!

Microsoft and Turn 10 have just sent word that Forza Motorsport 3 has gone gold, with time to spare to spin enough disks for the game's European and North American launch on October 23 and 27, respectively. But the racing news doesn't end there, folks. A demo for the upcoming racing sim is heading to the Xbox Live Marketplace on September 24, featuring many of the latest iteration's enhancements.

Gone Gold with a demo hitting in 2 weeks.

Here is what is ion the demo:

The Forza 3 demo will feature the game's new ****-pit view, refined damage model, new rewind function and even allow players to pull barrel rolls around the full Camino Viejo circuit. Forza 3's September 24 demo includes five playable vehicles:
2007 Porsche #80 Flying Lizard 911 GT3-RSR
2010 Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro
2009 Ferrari California
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR
2009 Mini John Cooper Works
And with a true competitive spirit, the demo will also support official leaderboards for gamers to compare their best lap times

Via Joystiq:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/11/forza-3-goes-gold-demo-hits-marketplace-on-sept-24/

Back
Top Bottom