***The Official Forza Motorsport 3 Thread***

I think your hypothetical scenarios are all valid, I would agree Rewind 'could' be used in all those ways..

However, without going into a super long post in reply, there are three main reasons I am not worried.

1. It's always going to be massively more convenient to not crash then it is to keep rewinding on every corner..
2. The User, for a long time, has had many more 'convenience' options aside from Rewind (From the minor ones like Restart Race, down to Easy AI settings and 'Hire driver' etc), I am not expecting Rewind to significantly change the 'face' of current gamers.
3. It's present in other games and it doesn't seem to have devolved it's players just yet, in fact, I've had a positive experience of it with Trials HD (Has a similar convenience feature).

Maybe I worry just a little too much... :o

From what I was told today (cant say specifics)
Id expect the big games sites to have recieved their copies and have good previews before the end of the month.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry that much about rewind, as said above, you NEED in the end of the day to be able to make it round the corners, yes, it may result in dirty play, but if you're bad, and at the back, rewinding keeps you at the back, just not as far back as you were, if you bugger up that corner, you gotta do it again, you can't rewind the AI further.

Will I end up using it, yeah, I'm sure in a few events in the form off Fifa rage kicking in (Woe betide any man who suffers that!) but to be able to try lines, drifting etc.. it'll be invaluable, at the end of the day, it matters not to me if little Tommy down the road uses rewing every corner and 6 times a corner cause he can't drive for fudge, if he's that bad, he'll spin out first corner online, maybe taking someone with him then be at the back, if he continues taking people out he'd end up getting kicked, if he ended up getting kicked for punting people off the track, he'll learn not to, in the end, little Tommy will be able to take a corner without taking out 7 sheep and the shepard.

Its all a matter of skills, and these assists in particular, rewind will cater to all walks of life, from the skill-less, to the perfectionist, to the video maker, one button driving will help little Tommy or old Cyril who just want to race a nice car/car they owned in their younger years etc.. without having to worry about the physics that they don't care as much about.

It'll be different for everyone, I think too many people are really worrying about how others will play the game.

What Ive just found out is a bit of a shock.

For people that have multiscreen setups ive just read that FM2 regards its DLC required you to pay for the DLC not once but on each console (3x screens = 3x DLC charges)
I seriously hope in FM3 they havnt went this route particulary as the feature these days is likely to be more popular with reduced monitor prices and console prices.
Appreciate if any of you with good links in various Forza communities can confirm this or can add any comments/news to how FM3 may do it.

Also whos got any pics of the coolest FM2 cockpits/setups they ever seen?

hmm Just seen the latest video on pex. am not sure if I like the sound of the new carrer mode. Also is that rewind feature usable in all single player races? It's a lovely feature but that just seems like cheating

I'd imagine they'd allow you to turn if off for a % boost to your earnings....atleast I hope they do

Last edited:

So far it looks like it's been designed for stupid morons who haven't got a clue how to use a menu system. Don't like the idea of an auto upgrade system :confused:

Glad you can still do it manually.

Now got onto the driving bit... AUTO BRAKING! Coming to Forza 4, Auto Acceleration and Auto Cornering.... Now you can compete in a full race without touching a button!!!

Last edited:
So far it looks like it's been designed for stupid morons who haven't got a clue how to use a menu system. Don't like the idea of an auto upgrade system :confused:

Glad you can still do it manually.

Now got onto the driving bit... AUTO BRAKING! Coming to Forza 4, Auto Acceleration and Auto Cornering.... Now you can compete in a full race without touching a button!!!

I think you'll find the best designs of any product are designed so morons can use it. It's what they call a good design.

Why don't you like the idea of the auto upgrade?

Menus seem clean, no problem with that and if it helps keep the loading/waiting times down then all the better...

AUTO windscreen wipers would have been nice though :p

Err, this is news to you?

It's only optional remember, along with the other assists.

Yes :p Not been following it really but I am looking forward to it :)

It would have been rather nice to have to earn your wins rather than let the computer do it for you :(

I think you'll find the best designs of any product are designed so morons can use it. It's what they call a good design.

Why don't you like the idea of the auto upgrade?

Following on from above, I understand why they've made it so easy, it's so they can target a larger audience. Business wise that's a great idea. Not so for the more die hard simulator fans.

I'm amazed people are still moaning about the assists/rewind. Those features are completley OPTIONAL. If you don't want to use them, then.....don't :confused:

Yes :p Not been following it really but I am looking forward to it :)

It would have been rather nice to have to earn your wins rather than let the computer do it for you :(

Following on from above, I understand why they've made it so easy, it's so they can target a larger audience. Business wise that's a great idea. Not so for the more die hard simulator fans.

Again, how does this effect you/the die hard sim fans?

I'm amazed people are still moaning about the assists/rewind. Those features are completley OPTIONAL. If you don't want to use them, then.....don't :confused:

Just to clarify I'm not annoyed about the rewind feature at all. Just thought I might get a % boost to my earnings if I turned it off.

More option = better game IMO. Being able to have as much customisation is what games need....so all the assists are a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom