***The Official Forza Motorsport 3 Thread***

I don't recall Ferrari being in GT1-4, so i don't know why you would say that.

Because PD had the first HD video footage from inside the Ferrari Factory.
Also the F1 car was an exclusive to GT5P.

Its not just Ferrari either PD work very closely with many manufacturers and thats part of the GT lifestyle now blending the game with real world cars as a great way for each to promote their products.

TV Docs & Interviews
Citreon Concept Car
Nissan GTR Onboard Computer Thingy
Ferrari California Launch
Tokyo Motorshow was used to launch real world cars with GT5P

GT branding is something Turn 10 can only dream of...
No disrespect to them but GT has been built up from 10 years and 3 console generations.

Because PD had the first HD video footage from inside the Ferrari Factory.
Also the F1 car was an exclusive to GT5P.

Its not just Ferrari either PD work very closely with many manufacturers and thats part of the GT lifestyle now blending the game with real world cars as a great way for each to promote their products.

TV Docs & Interviews
Citreon Concept Car
Nissan GTR Onboard Computer Thingy
Ferrari California Launch
Tokyo Motorshow was used to launch real world cars with GT5P

GT branding is something Turn 10 can only dream of...
No disrespect to them but GT has been built up from 10 years and 3 console generations.

Why havn't Ferraris cars been in any of the other GT games? It can't be that good of a relationship can it?

We arn't talking about Citreon or TV docs, just Ferrari please.

Used to be hard for companies to get the rights to use different manufacturers. Also some companies didn't want their cars portrayed with damage, that seems to have changed now.

Mr Latte personally I don't rate ferrari's much. If I were to win the lotto tomorrow I would buy a zonda or a ZZR 1400. Don't like red cars either. Black is always best.

Why havn't Ferraris cars been in any of the other GT games? It can't be that good of a relationship can it?

I cant tell you why Ferrari havnt been in past games, you see my crystal ball isnt as good as it used to be.
GT5 is more than just a racing game. Its for car lovers, thats why its now including things like the Video Content, the Top Gear exclusivity deal and allowing people to create/join car specific clubs within the game.
These things do however help with marketing and for companies to combine in making a better business relationship.

FM3 is due to have 29 Ferrari cars, what If I said GT5 could likely have more :D

If you doubt the commitment between Ferrari/Polphony Digital/Sony isnt more benifical to Ferrari than one would be with Turn10/Microsoft.
I could ask you what has FM3 done with Ferrari to ensure GT5 doesnt get any exclusives and FM3 has.
Why then is the new car DLC and not available with FM3 release? Would Ferrari only agree to same/equal date for both?

Ahh the questions but thing is FM3 didnt nail this car as an exclusive and past FM games had Ferrari unlike GT so that tells me somthing.

I would say its very likely that Sony were in a position to gain some benifits for their system and GT game with Ferrari that Turn 10 couldnt.
Soon we will know eh.

Last edited:
Peopel read too much into these things. It normally just boils down to cold hard cash or an incentive laden deal in the end with regards to who gets exclusivity.

AFAIK

Ferrari had exclusivity agreements with other games developers.

Porsche didnt like the sound of their cars being damaged/crashed in-game, which was always strange considering GT hasnt had damage.. :rolleyes:

I'd imagine it was more of a fickle PR way of saying "Look guys we have Ferrari, we didn't before but now we've got an exclusive!".

IMO, it's not the be-all and end all. The 458 isn't long removed from some of the current Ferrari range, so another Ferrari with similar engine and handling could be taking up space for something more special and different. I suppose for PD however, they have a Blu Ray to fill and T10 only have two DVDs and can only make up for that with DLC.

It's a win for T10 and Microsoft, the 458 is a bold styling cue from Ferrari and people would happily throw money at it for DLC, I wonder of PD will also utilise DLC.

Regarding the F458 and exclusivity/PD influence discussion..

If the DLC is before Christmas (as the 'this holiday' statement seems to indicate), and GT5 is rumoured to be coming out in December, then It a pretty weak exclusive or arrangement... Which makes me think there is no real underlying reason the F458 is not in FM3 at release other then time/resource or keeping it back for desirable DLC.

T10 have stated that they will be providing around 10 cars as DLC per month, you could come to the same conclusion on any of the DLC cars that are in GT5 but come out as DLC after GT5...

Regarding the F458 and exclusivity/PD influence discussion..

If the DLC is before Christmas (as the 'this holiday' statement seems to indicate), and GT5 is rumoured to be coming out in December, then It a pretty weak exclusive or arrangement....

To be honest, by the looks of things, and the fact that T10/MS have had a LOT of contact from Ferrari and done a lot of close work with them as has been documented (Also a LOT of close work with McLaren) a part of the deal that would benefit Ferrari without having to bend to either side is what was stated above, neither side may have an exclusive for the 458 Italia, Holidays 09 is when the 458 DLC will come, its also when GT5 will (More than likely) release, if anything seems to be gentlemens agreement on it right now that says there will be no exclusivity.

Again, just my 2 wheelnuts worth...

Ferrari in particular as they are KING of merchandising arnt going to shoot themselves in the foot. Personally I do believe it is possible GT5 may have more Ferrari cars and part of that is perhaps they dont have Porsche and focused on Ferrari in particular.

Point I was making was the FM3 even with past Ferrari contract/cars in their previous games dont seem to of been able to obtain a major exclusive. FM2 had what approx 20 Ferrari cars. Those are likely to also be in FM3, then add in the F50GT (PGR3) the California and the new 458 leaves approx 5 or 6 more at a guess. Its also likely some race versions will appear.

GT as a brand does however have a closer connection with car manufacturers, partly because of its world wide recognition with 10 year history. Yet yes indeed we have to acknowledge Turn 10 have been improving in this area and in particular with Audi.

Back
Top Bottom