***The Official Forza Motorsport 3 Thread***

Soldato
OP
Ferrari in particular as they are KING of merchandising arnt going to shoot themselves in the foot. Personally I do believe it is possible GT5 may have more Ferrari cars and part of that is perhaps they dont have Porsche and focused on Ferrari in particular.

Point I was making was the FM3 even with past Ferrari contract/cars in their previous games dont seem to of been able to obtain a major exclusive. FM2 had what approx 20 Ferrari cars. Those are likely to also be in FM3, then add in the F50GT (PGR3) the California and the new 458 leaves approx 5 or 6 more at a guess. Its also likely some race versions will appear.

GT as a brand does however have a closer connection with car manufacturers, partly because of its world wide recognition with 10 year history. Yet yes indeed we have to acknowledge Turn 10 have been improving in this area and in particular with Audi.

I think by now it's quite obvious that manufacturers don't give any real credence to any game or developer, all seem to be on the open market regarding licensing. Only Porsche have been stung by a long term EA agreement that T10 have managed to 'persuade' to allow them to use.

If anything isn't it quite amazing that PD with undeniably more 'standing' in the automotive sector hasn't been able to translate this into major exclusives?

Soldato
If GT has a few more Ferrari's and Forza gets a similar Porsche selection to what we had last time that'll balance things out out nicely wont it. Unless of course PD sort that out.

In the end we are talking about huge numbers of cars shipping with each game and 1 or 2 falling on either side of the fence isn't really that big a deal. Track selection is a far bigger draw for me personally.

Soldato
How many car manufacturers do you know have been influenced with a video game as much as GT?
Their has been many collaborations between both and you can see that on the PD website. I dont know of any other racing game franchise that has done as much, influenced as much or indeed sponsored as much.

The Nissan Citreon, Logitech and Top Gear are fine examples already...
FM3 doesnt compare with respect in this area. However the new Puma partnership could be popular with branded clothing.
The Porsche/Fanatec brings a decent wheel to X360 and give FM3 6 Shift with Clutch support.

Lets get off this topic of branding/exclusives etc....

Other News:
Ive been notified that regards preview copies going to reviewers etc these should be dispatched soon.
Likely gamesites will have good indepth looks at the game from their early dispatched retail copies by the end of the month.

Also too early to say yet but talking of exclusives if your interested in FM3 id read the news page at GTF on Friday.

Last edited:
Soldato
I know GT is massively well known in the car industry, there is no disputing that fact. But one of the excuses PD gave for not having damage in their games was that the manufacturers would not allow it, yet they would let T10.

And i can see the GT-R being on the cover for GT5, because of the relationship they have with them. A kind of "you scratch my back, i'll scratch yours". As it seems with all Japanese companies.

Soldato
Yes tbh Kaz and PD do talk piles of it at times.
Hes said loads that didnt make sense or never happened and its strange how they promote their games or lack of it till release.

458 or the new Merc on the cover for me...

oops this is a FM3 thread -----

Associate
Yes tbh Kaz and PD do talk piles of it at times.
Hes said loads that didnt make sense or never happened and its strange how they promote their games or lack of it till release.

458 or the new Merc on the cover for me...

oops this is a FM3 thread -----

PD don't do things by half, maybe the reason they didn't include damage is because they couldn't do it how they wanted?
Take a look at this: http://www.gtplanet.net/are-racing-game-developers-being-held-back/

But back to Forza 3, its looking good can't wait for the demo!

Dup

Dup

Soldato
PD don't do things by half, maybe the reason they didn't include damage is because they couldn't do it how they wanted?
Take a look at this: http://www.gtplanet.net/are-racing-game-developers-being-held-back/

But back to Forza 3, its looking good can't wait for the demo!

Doors and bonnets flying off is not realistic though, so I don't know why they went that far with it. The only time that happens in most crashes is when they drivers having to be cut out of the vehicle.

Big crashes in real racing where panels come off is usually the ones where cars are flipped end over end and travel some distance in the air. A serious racing game has never really emulated this at all in the past, but then the aim isn't to crash in the first place!

Forxas damage is naff imo. Everything is really desaturated and dull looking with the silly scratch textures. But then im not interested in the damage so much, it is nice to have it there though.

Soldato
Damage has been overhyped. It will soon ware off imo.
Its nice that it is their but if its implemented more for show than gameplay then its limited really.

Oh amn im sitting up to about 3am, really that sad but damn waited ages...
Hope FM3 full track listings are avail and more details on the game.

Soldato
I was wondering if you leave you xbox on and add it to your queue via Xbox.com will it start auto downloading? Or does the 360 need a reboot to pick-up the newly added item?

Associate
Id imagine the demo would download fine if you did that, certainly cant hurt to try. Really excited about the demo though, there are very few demos ive played as much as the Forza 2 one. Also it'll be nice to see the game in action without having to watch someone who cant keep a low class car on track even with all the assists!

Associate
TIP: The first moment you get to play the demo, turn off all assists.

I did this with Forza 2, if you learn to handle the car without assists to begin with it becomes second nature whilst you watch other people learn to play without them after using them to begin with.

Cannot wait for this, Im so excited! :p

Back
Top Bottom