***The Official Forza Motorsport 3 Thread***

The rewind feature will be usefull but i dont want to get into a habbit of not earning my wins. I like the idea though you can use it to create your videos, but then I kinda hate that too as now video replays could be stitched from many rewinds and not show somone doing just an awesome lap unaided.
Do you get what im saying here guys? Its as if achieving what you want is more important than how you achieve it.

I think it's a time will tell..

End of the day, what I bring myself back to is the certification aspect, and the fact that using rewind un-certifies that lap/race.. No matter what they do with their video, unless their time is on the leaderboard as certified it's meaningless.

The other thing is, you can put your 'replay' itself up for download, this isn't a video, just the normal saved replay (presumably offered on your storefront), and people can download that and see your lap, I hope that certification is shown in this, so you know if it's a pukka lap or not..

The actual video aspect, well you can only export 30 second clips at a time, and so any video of a lap will be stitched together from many clips, in which case, all video'd replays must be taken as 'editied' anyway, and have lost a little integrity, for the real lap, the bare replay and leaderboards should hopefully be enough to stop 'cheaters' claiming fast laps..

I think your hypothetical scenarios are all valid, I would agree Rewind 'could' be used in all those ways..

However, without going into a super long post in reply, there are three main reasons I am not worried.

1. It's always going to be massively more convenient to not crash then it is to keep rewinding on every corner..
2. The User, for a long time, has had many more 'convenience' options aside from Rewind (From the minor ones like Restart Race, down to Easy AI settings and 'Hire driver' etc), I am not expecting Rewind to significantly change the 'face' of current gamers.
3. It's present in other games and it doesn't seem to have devolved it's players just yet, in fact, I've had a positive experience of it with Trials HD (Has a similar convenience feature).

Any info on the contents of the demo?

Yep..

FM.NET said:
The new demo lets you get behind the wheel of five of the world’s most amazing cars on the full circuit of the game’s Camino Viejo track. The demo includes five playable cars:
  • 2007 Porsche #80 Flying Lizard 911 GT3-RSR
  • 2010 Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro
  • 2009 Ferrari California
  • 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR
  • 2009 Mini John Cooper Works
You will be able to drive all of the cars in the demo in full cockpit view as well as experience damage, rollover and try out the game’s new rewind feature as you take turns on a beautiful Spanish mountain course inspired by the Montserrat region just outside of Barcelona, Spain. When logged into Xbox LIVE, the demo will also support official leaderboards for lap times, giving you a further taste of what players will experience in “Forza Motorsport 3.”

I guess Camino Viejo was looking to be the favourite, since it's had the most exposure..

The demo must have been at the recent French gaming event, here's someone playing it on youtube, or actually trying to demo the telemetry. I assume it's the demo since it's a single track and the 5 cars above are all he gets to select from..

Last edited:
Regarding the F458 and exclusivity/PD influence discussion..

If the DLC is before Christmas (as the 'this holiday' statement seems to indicate), and GT5 is rumoured to be coming out in December, then It a pretty weak exclusive or arrangement... Which makes me think there is no real underlying reason the F458 is not in FM3 at release other then time/resource or keeping it back for desirable DLC.

T10 have stated that they will be providing around 10 cars as DLC per month, you could come to the same conclusion on any of the DLC cars that are in GT5 but come out as DLC after GT5...

Ferrari in particular as they are KING of merchandising arnt going to shoot themselves in the foot. Personally I do believe it is possible GT5 may have more Ferrari cars and part of that is perhaps they dont have Porsche and focused on Ferrari in particular.

Point I was making was the FM3 even with past Ferrari contract/cars in their previous games dont seem to of been able to obtain a major exclusive. FM2 had what approx 20 Ferrari cars. Those are likely to also be in FM3, then add in the F50GT (PGR3) the California and the new 458 leaves approx 5 or 6 more at a guess. Its also likely some race versions will appear.

GT as a brand does however have a closer connection with car manufacturers, partly because of its world wide recognition with 10 year history. Yet yes indeed we have to acknowledge Turn 10 have been improving in this area and in particular with Audi.

I think by now it's quite obvious that manufacturers don't give any real credence to any game or developer, all seem to be on the open market regarding licensing. Only Porsche have been stung by a long term EA agreement that T10 have managed to 'persuade' to allow them to use.

If anything isn't it quite amazing that PD with undeniably more 'standing' in the automotive sector hasn't been able to translate this into major exclusives?

LOLz.. yup.. I splashed the 80 Credits too... I'm such a charlatan!

auto brake wtf
I hope theres a large gap between people who use assists and dont, personally I'd set a multiplayer game to exclude them all but I rarely see this done

To be fair the last time I heard of autobrake in a game was Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix 4 which was an excellent game, even had steering assist as I remember but the physics were still great underneath when all aids were turned off.
Dont suppose he has done a game recently :/

Don't panic..

Using Autobrake your times will be miles off the top.. even using ABS increases laptimes quite a bit over not using it (if you can brake OK without it that is!).

I've been trying the assists to see which help/hinder my laptimes.. the only 1 that was useful was TCS in the GT3 RSR since it really can be tricky getting the power down (for me)..

Not very realistic then if turning off the gadgets makes you faster :p I'm betting it doesn't. If you use the gadgets you should always be faster and be able to set faster lap times. It probably just takes a bit of practice.

It won't matter as the leaderboards will reflect what your using just like in Forza 2.

For TCS/Stability, in cars like the mini, you need to be able to slide it around and get on the power early with a little 'slip/spin' to get the fastest lines, which would seem realistic.

The ABS though, well you can defo brake a little harder without it then with.. maybe it cuts in a fraction early on purpose to penalise you, without it, you can hear the wheels starting to lock a little right on the limit..

All the quickest times are with no aids whatsoever..

And I can't get to grips with using the clutch on manual gears (on the MS WHeel)! so I'm stuck with that for now..

Because no man will ever be able to make the corrections to a car as quickly or delicately as a computer. Hence the whole reason F1 went through a spell of electronic gadgets.

Then it's not accurate at all. More fun certainly though. :)

You are thinking F1, we are talking street cars ;)

On my own car, it's quicker with Traction/Stability turned off, they intervene too much when you push it at/slightly over the limit, and you can see when hot-lapping in the lower cars (for example) that you can carry more speed through some corners with a little understeer/wheel slip..

ABS, I would agree, although most ABS does kick in slightly too early, it won't allow the wheels to be on a partial 'lock' and when it modulates it's actually quite ineffective at stopping compared to maintaing peak grip on deceleration as it is an on/off action that is being applied....

So, although I agree that in extreme cases like F1 and top end sport, then absolutely, the driver cannot beat the electronics, but on lesser cars/series (BTCC as an example), assists would slow them down..

Do you not agree?

:)

No, you are focusing on the wrong 'gadget' tbh, take a look at my post above. ABS will always be beneficial, but traction control however will often slow a car down.

No, for maximum deceleration, you don't want ABS to cut in... it's on/off action makes stopping distances longer...

Of course, that is if you can threshold brake correctly..

Is there a track list yet?

http://www.forzacentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31595

This shows all the tracks..

Amalfi Coast (Italy) [image]
fawk12.jpg

Track Layouts:
  • Amalfi Coast Full Circuit
  • Amalfi Coast Full Circuit Reverse
  • Rally di Positano
  • Rally di Positano Reverse
  • Rally di Positano Stage A
  • Rally di Positano Stage A Reverse
  • Rally di Positano Stage B
  • Rally di Positano Stage B Reverse
  • Rally di Positano Stage C
  • Rally di Positano Stage C Reverse
  • Rally di Positano Stage D
  • Rally di Positano Stage D Reverse
Autodromo Internazionale del Mugello (Italy) [image]
muglog2.jpg

Track Layouts:
  • Mugello Grand Prix Circuit
  • Mugello Short Circuit
Benchmark High Speed Ring (Italy) [Pack/FM3 Launch Track Pack/FREE/October 23/27 '09]
benchm.jpg

Track Layouts:
  • Benchmark High Speed Oval
  • Benchmark High Speed Oval Reverse
  • Benchmark Drag Strip (1mile/½mile/¼mile/⅛mile)
  • Benchmark 1
  • Benchmark 2
  • Benchmark 3
  • Benchmark 4
  • Benchmark 5
  • Benchmark 6
  • Benchmark 7
  • Benchmark 8
Circuit de Catalunya (Spain) [image]
catalogdf8.jpg

Track Layouts:
  • Circuit de Catalunya Grand Prix Circuit
  • Circuit de Catalunya National Circuit
  • Circuit de Catalunya School Circuit
Fujimi Kaido (Japan) [image]
nd7c61.jpg

Track Layouts:
  • Fujimi Kaido Full Circuit
  • Fujimi Kaido Full Circuit Reverse
  • Fujimi Kaido Old Down Hill
  • Fujimi Kaido Old Hill Climb
  • Fujimi Kaido New Down Hill
  • Fujimi Kaido New Hill Climb
  • Fujimi Kaido Stage A
  • Fujimi Kaido Stage A Reverse
  • Fujimi Kaido Stage B
  • Fujimi Kaido Stage B Reverse
  • Fujimi Kaido Stage C
  • Fujimi Kaido Stage C Reverse
  • Fujimi Kaido Stage D
  • Fujimi Kaido Stage D Reverse
Le Mans - Circuit de 24 Heures (France) [image]
lmlogjs0.jpg

Track Layouts:
  • Circuit de La Sarthe Full Circuit
  • Circuit de La Sarthe Short Circuit
  • Circuit Bugatti
Maple Valley Raceway (USA) [image]
map1logkv7.jpg

Track Layouts:
  • Maple Valley Raceway
  • Maple Valley Raceway Reverse
  • Maple Valley Short
  • Maple Valley Short Reverse
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (USA) [image]
lagulogwy7.jpg

Track Layouts:
  • Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Montserrat (Spain) [image]
if60si.jpg

Track Layouts:
  • Camino Viejo de Montserrat Full Circuit
  • Camino Viejo de Montserrat Full Circuit Reverse
  • Camino Viejo de Montserrat Short Circuit
  • Camino Viejo de Montserrat Short Circuit Reverse
  • Camino Viejo de Montserrat Mini Circuit
  • Camino Viejo de Montserrat Mini Circuit Reverse
  • Camino Viejo de Montserrat Extreme Circuit
  • Camino Viejo de Montserrat Extreme Circuit Reverse
  • Iberian International Circuit Full Circuit
  • Iberian International Circuit Full Circuit Reverse
  • Iberian International Circuit Short Circuit
  • Iberian International Circuit Short Circuit Reverse
  • Iberian International Circuit Mini Circuit
  • Iberian International Circuit Mini Circuit Reverse
  • Ladera Test Track Full Circuit
  • Ladera Test Track Full Circuit Reverse
  • Ladera Test Track Short Circuit
  • Ladera Test Track Short Circuit Reverse
  • Ladera Test Track Mini Circuit
  • Ladera Test Track Mini Circuit Reverse
New York Circuit (USA) [image]
ny1logfa8.jpg

Track Layouts:
  • New York Full Circuit
  • New York Full Circuit Reverse
  • New York Short Circuit
  • New York Short Circuit Reverse
Nürburgring (Germany) [image]
nurblog.jpg

Track Layouts:
  • Nordschleife Full Circuit
  • Nordschleife Stage A
  • Nordschleife Stage B
  • Nordschleife Stage C
  • Nordschleife Stage D
Road America (USA) [image]
roam2log.jpg

Track Layouts:
  • Road America
Road Atlanta (USA) [image]
roatlogsj4.jpg

Track Layouts:
  • Road Atlanta Grand Prix Circuit
  • Road Atlanta Short Circuit
Sebring International Raceway (USA) [image]
seblognq5.jpg

Track Layouts:
  • Sebring Full Circuit
  • Sebring Short Circuit
  • Sebring Club Circuit
Sedona Raceway Park (USA) [image]
11lhru0.jpg

Track Layouts:
  • Sedona Full Circuit [map]
  • Sedona Full Circuit Reverse
  • Sedona Club Circuit [map]
  • Sedona Club Circuit Reverse
  • Sedona Oval
  • Sedona Oval Reverse
  • Sedona Drag Strip (1mile/½mile/¼mile/⅛mile)
Sidewinder Proving Grounds (Italy) [Pack/FM3 Launch Track Pack/FREE/October 23/27 '09]
sidew.jpg

Track Layouts:
  • Sidewinder Full Circuit
  • Sidewinder Full Circuit Reverse
  • Sidewinder Circuit 1
  • Sidewinder Circuit 1 Reverse
  • Sidewinder Circuit 2
  • Sidewinder Circuit 2 Reverse
  • Sidewinder Circuit 3
  • Sidewinder Circuit 3 Reverse
  • Sidewinder Circuit 4
  • Sidewinder Circuit 4 Reverse
  • Sidewinder Circuit 5
  • Sidewinder Circuit 5 Revers
  • Sidewinder Circuit 6
  • Sidewinder Circuit 6 Reverse
  • Sidewinder Circuit 7
  • Sidewinder Circuit 7 Reverse
  • Sidewinder Circuit 8
  • Sidewinder Circuit 8 Reverse
Silverstone (Great Britain) [image]
silvlog.jpg

Track Layouts:
  • Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit
  • Silverstone International Circuit
  • Silverstone National Circuit
Sunset Peninsula (USA) [image]
sun2logpz1.jpg

Track Layouts:
  • Sunset Peninsula Infield
  • Sunset Peninsula Infield Reverse
  • Sunset Peninsula Infield Short
  • Sunset Peninsula Infield Short Reverse
  • Sunset Peninsula Speedway
  • Sunset Peninsula Speedway Reverse
Suzuka Circuit (Japan) [image]
suzlog.jpg

Track Layouts:
  • Suzuka Grand Prix Circuit
  • Suzuka East Circuit
  • Suzuka West Circuit
Tsukuba Circuit (Japan) [image]
2vao8ih.jpg

Track Layouts:
  • Tsukuba Circuit
  • Tsukuba Short
Twin Ring Motegi (Japan) [image]
motlog.jpg

Track Layouts:
  • Twin Ring Motegi Road Course
  • Twin Ring Motegi East Course
  • Twin Ring Motegi West Course
  • Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway

The two launch download tracks that even the Journo's haven't played look interesting.. here's a shot of one from FM.NET

DLC_Track_1.jpg

Looks very Ken Block inspired if you ask me.. assuming we can drive in that hangar, then expect some cool Ken Block wannabe video's landing soon..

Looks 'open plan' from this one as well..
DLC_Track_2.jpg

Stacks of tyres and a hangar, is this is the love child of Ken Block's Airfield meets Top Gear test track?

My only criticism from the video's is the AI just look like a big train.

The giantbomb video is a good one to watch, he does an Amalfi Coast or similar race, and the AI is all over the place, it's quite entertaining to watch..

All AI at some point or other, with nothing really out of the ordinary going on is going to be a bit of a train, it's when you mix it up and see how it reacts that you see how well the AI is coded (or not...)

from what i have seen just now on a stream of the full game am not that impressed loads of jaggies and pretty much seems like forza 2 graphics wise

You really need to see it in motion.. There are jaggies in all games (It's still got 2xMSAA which isn't too bad), but the sheer detail on the new tracks and the improvement in reflections/lighting are more apparent in motion. That and the sound is amazing..

The Demo, in bumpercam is simply 60fps heaven IMO..

Back
Top Bottom