***The Official Forza Motorsport 3 Thread***

After just playing a bit of Single player Forza, I was reminded why I stopped playing it after running out of Xbox Live Subscription.
******* AI :mad:
In the races in evenly matched cars (namely the race cars) where you can't get an obvious advantage, it is near impossible to over take for the most part. You just get rammed off constantly.
Ofcourse with the damage in Forza, the slightest scrape also means you loose about 20mph off of your top speed and can no longer corner :(

I hope they make racing with AI a little more forgiving in the third. I've been rammed off more in the last hour playing against AI than I ever was when playing online.

After just playing a bit of Single player Forza, I was reminded why I stopped playing it after running out of Xbox Live Subscription.
******* AI :mad:
In the races in evenly matched cars (namely the race cars) where you can't get an obvious advantage, it is near impossible to over take for the most part. You just get rammed off constantly.
Ofcourse with the damage in Forza, the slightest scrape also means you loose about 20mph off of your top speed and can no longer corner :(

I hope they make racing with AI a little more forgiving in the third. I've been rammed off more in the last hour playing against AI than I ever was when playing online.

I know the AI in Forza 1 was vicious later on. So it is still overly aggressive in FM2 then? (which I haven't played) Shame.

What annoyed me was that turning it on to 'easy' made little difference later on in the game, it was still damn tough to beat and you had to drive perfectly which was rather white knuckle especially on long races.

Both I guess :p

I share Mr Latte's disappointment that it apparently may not have certain features like variable weather, day/night races and more cars on track at once. Some older games on previous gen consoles and on PC had one or all of these features :)

Thank You!
Just because its new and were excited doesnt mean as adults we have to just assume everything in the game is great. Like said earlier it will still win me over and its also good that it isnt just a GT copy.

AHH IT SUPPORTS THIS!!!

Ive also ordered the Turbo S wheel tonight (£220 with PS3 dongle) so will use it with the Clubsport pedals i got with the GT3RS wheel, last week.

Last edited:
Shame that guy can't drive for **** :p

Mr L was it you who had a similar setup (or, 3 Xboxes at least) in a thread some time ago?

Forza 1 on 3x 19" TFTS XVGA and 1x realtime replay via projector
That was temp setup for a fun night with mates though.

3 screen is tonnes of fun and when you consider the price of TFTs and X360 today its much much more feasible to do. No doubt i reckon quite a few of you may be interested.
If not ill **** the **** off somayee acting like big Forza fans but will be playing with your single screens and joypads, :)

Last edited:
As far as ive seen Forza 3 looks very good, it also seems albiet rightly or wrongly they are catering for the hardcore and the casual ( one touch racing?) which should help it sell more. Its a big step up from forza 2 graphics wise the video editing looks pretty sweet. Not sure is it confirmed 8 players/ cars on the track though? One thing that did annoy me like in most PR all this about it being the Defintive racer of this gen, not sure if i have seen much to back that up at present, and its not anything i would say without knowing what the competition had up its sleeve.

I know the AI in Forza 1 was vicious later on. So it is still overly aggressive in FM2 then? (which I haven't played) Shame.

What annoyed me was that turning it on to 'easy' made little difference later on in the game, it was still damn tough to beat and you had to drive perfectly which was rather white knuckle especially on long races.

The AI has been overhauled, the two notable points mentioned so far are
1. AI now makes mistakes under pressure, the higher the difficulty level, the less mistakes they make
2. Rubbing against other cars (ooh-err) won't spin you out or slow you down as much as it used to

Just based on those two points I'd say the AI has some potential..

SP Forza gets boring pretty quick, online is where the longevity is.
They've also overhauled the SP, with calendar events over mutliple disciplines, no idea of the details, but they've tried to make it a bit more enjoyable SP wise, but at the end of the day, it is more a driving game which only has limited appeal to some :)

Great read that. I love the slant they put on the rewind, certainly makes honing a certain sector or corner sound less of a chore. Great addition from my point of view.

They also echo my point of view about the scalability for novice and hardcore simmers, this is what it's all about, especialy on a console where the age range is much lower than PC.

There is no doubt the game looks great and it should be a success. Even if its just a small upgrade from Forza 2 it wil be great but Microsoft seem to be championing it as a flagship title. Fingers crossed!

Thank god! That was the one that did my head in most.
This game is sounding promising. Just wish it would support the G25 aswell as the fanatec!!

MS would have to either allow HID inputs or the G25 run natively as an Xinput device! I can see why they haven't gone the HID route as it keeps the peripherals down to an approved and therefore money making set, however rubbish that may be.

Back
Top Bottom