***The Official Forza Motorsport 3 Thread***

As much as its too early to judge, I'm alredy doing my eternal optimist thing, if there is no weather effects, it will be a shame, but watching some people from here when we play online in FM2, struggle enough with no weather at all :)

Honestly though, FM2 was immense, a brilliant game that I loved to pieces, as much as it needs more tracks in FM3, I think Turn10 know that and will not dissapoint, they added more cars, confirmed, much nicer visuals, and an improved physics damage model with rolls which will hopefully calm down online racers who just balt round corners at full speed and should be goners!

The next few months wil be exciting! Already looking forward to the demo, and OCtober will be awesome, only downside is that it'll be right in the middle of the usual August-December "game haven", but ah well! :D

The AI has been overhauled, the two notable points mentioned so far are
1. AI now makes mistakes under pressure, the higher the difficulty level, the less mistakes they make
2. Rubbing against other cars (ooh-err) won't spin you out or slow you down as much as it used to

Sounds good on paper, we'll see ;)

I am quite excited about this game, a lot depends on the track content though as that was FM2's major failing, having quite a few less even than Forza 1 which itself was rather light on tracks compared to GT 4.

More news: Game will ship on 2 discs.

In an interview with Joystiq, Forza Motorsport 3 content director John Wendl of Turn 10, confirmed the upcoming racer would ship on two discs. As rumors last year noted, the core game will come on the game's first disc while the second will be reserved for other content -- such as vehicles and maps. "It is going to ship on two discs," Wendl said. "Disc one is the full experience, even disc one is bigger than any other racing game out there. Disc two includes a lot of extra cars, even a handful of tracks."

When asked if the second disc would act as a data transfer, downloading the additional content to the hard drive for use with the first disc, Wendl told us that was "exactly right." While Turn 10 assures all gamers will be able to enjoy the full Forza 3 experience, we now have confirmation that not all gamers will be able to enjoy all 400 vehicles promised at the Microsoft press briefing.
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/04/forza-motorsport-3-will-ship-on-two-discs/

Bit vague but sounds like you load disc 2 to your HDD? What currently happens to multiple disc games with the 360 loading games to HDD function, only ever loaded 1 disc games myself.

rp2000

There won't be any disc swapping in-game.

Sounds like disc two will work like DLC, you just insert it and copy all the data across, then it appears in the game like it would if it were DLC.

The only way they could do it is by storing the 2nd disc to hdd. Still, I believe anyone using a 360 without a HDD isn't the type to be into Forza, although it is a stange route to take. The Arcade/Sim split like GT2 might be a better approach but then data is then being duplicated between the two and therefore wasted.

Personally, I couldn't give a toss as my 360 has a HDD ;)

F3 shipping on 2 discs was first reported a long time ago, nothing new there and I'm sure it won't be the issue that some will make out.

There won't be any disc swapping in-game.

Sounds like disc two will work like DLC, you just insert it and copy all the data across, then it appears in the game like it would if it were DLC.

So you could copy disc 1 to HDD as a normal 360 game and copy disc 2 using some special function that copies it to the "DLC" section of the HDD instead of the "installed games" section?

Sounds like a smart way to do it :)

rp2000

So you could copy disc 1 to HDD as a normal 360 game and copy disc 2 using some special function that copies it to the "DLC" section of the HDD instead of the "installed games" section?

Sounds like a smart way to do it :)

rp2000

Yes, I guess that's the way it will work.

F3 shipping on 2 discs was first reported a long time ago, nothing new there.

There's a difference between being confirmed and being reported though. Some people will only have perked interest since the E3 previews so refreshing that news is not the end of the world now.

I think it's good that they aren't cutting content to fit the constraints of DVD, and are using the capability of the HDD which most 360 owners have I believe.

Looks awesome, can't wait!

I will also be interested with the in-car view with a lightened car, will the seats change, roll cage etc?

I can't see why not. I expect they might use the same stock items for each car but tis better than nowt. They say they're using more polygons per car so the headroom is there to model behind the door cards etc so the panel item is simply removed ingame.

I also wished the changed the exhaust tips per upgrades, and intercoolers were visible where possible. But those are just minor details tbh.

Back
Top Bottom