*** The Official HTC One M8 Thread ***

Soldato
Hi, looking to buy this sim free, only place i seem to make order is from phones 4 u , but wanting to know is it instock and will get in next 2 days ? or any other online which have stock ?

Thanks

Soldato
Then do explain to everyone why shots from the HTC One look so bad when displayed on a high resolution monitor, are cropped or when you zoom in compared to devices using 13MP cameras? I suppose that has nothing to do with megapixels and they are just bad cameras, is that what your saying?

Megapixels aren't a indication of a good camera, its all about the CMOS sensor.

MP will sell phones as its easy to jam big numbers in there.

Info about CMOS Sensor http://www.gizmag.com/camera-sensor-size-guide/26684/

Comparing the Sony Z2 vs Sony QX100, both have around 20MP mark but the Z2 has a CMOS sensor of 1/2.3" and the QX100 has a 1" type - Thats a HUGE difference! Though the lens is also a massive part of this. Just trying to get across that you can't compare phones on MP count alone, there is so much more to it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yes it's a balance. And 4 really is too small.
That's not far off the resolution of my Pc monitor

Disappointed to see how small z2 sensor is

Soldato
Well I've ordered my handset today with Vodafone as an upgrade from my current 2013 HTC One. They gave me the phone at such a good price (namely free) that I couldn't say no! I'm a little disappointed that the camera isn't as good as I'd hoped but it isn't something that I really use a great deal as I have an DSLR for proper photography.

It was a choice between this and the Z2. I decided against the Z2 in the end due to the software (my girlfriend has a Xperia Z and while it's quite close to stock Android I never really got on with it that well).

I'm going to see how I get on with Sense 6. My current One is a GPe conversion as I do really like the Google Android experience. I just feel that I miss out on some of the best features of the phone with this.

It's been delivered on Friday and I'll update with my initial feelings about the phone compared to the original One. Hopefully they will all be positive.

Soldato
Too big for me. The HTC logo alone stops it going on my list.

Love the Z2 design but it's also on the big side. If only it had less bezel. :(

Think I'll go with the S5 when my upgrade is due.
Hate the S5 backing but I always use a case anyway.

Soldato
Between this and the Z2 for me. I'm not fused about the camera. Never use it!

Try them both out, must say the M8 looks a lot better, HTC have amazing design chops. If you don't care for the camera then the Z2 should have better battery life, slightly bigger screen, HTC will have better speaker.

I would say go to a shop and use both and see which you like the most, either way its a awesome device.

Soldato
Yeah hard choice. Waiting for some vs reviews for those two to help me choose.

I think a lot of it is design now, internals are more or less the same, HTC has better speakers, screen more or less equal, they use the same SoC, Z2 has more ram but its not a big deal. Build are both great but again its personal taste. Software seems a lot more polished these days, again well have to do with taste.

Things are pretty competitive and no one is really don't anything ground breaking, HTC has some nice camera tricks and the Z2 is dust/water proof.

Associate
Watching the video a few posts back, at the end the guy says about a Google Play Edition is on the way. What's the point of such an edition? Wouldn't you flash it to say CyanogenMod instead, or some other Android version etc?

Back
Top Bottom