• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Associate
Anyone got a screenshot of their vega 56 wattman settings?

Will want to undervolt mine so as to get it cool and quiet.
try 1050 on the p6 and 1080 on the p7 check stability and go from there. might be worth testing 1000 on the p3 memory(this is more floor voltage for the core not so much memory voltage) and bumping to 980 on the memory clocks.
no need to touch the core clocks
edit: stick fan target to 65 and set rpm on the left as required. if you want more core speed set power to +50% first and adjust core speed later

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Ordered a new PSU.
EVGA 750W SuperNova G3 (which uses Superflower as OEM I believe). Reviews seemed positive.
Fingers crossed that's the issue.

EDIT: EVGA spelt Supernova properly, I thought they'd tried to be cool/hip/trendy.

@GoogalyMoogaly I hope you have not updated because your flat out gaming and too busy to repost? :)

Associate
Oooooh - look what the nice man from DPD delivered today :D
tF5jvkr.jpg

Very exciting times in the Clanger household - hoping to see something of an improvement from my R9 290 GPU / space heater ..... fingers crossed!

Caporegime
Had absolute nightmare with new pc.....

Black screen upon installing vega drivers then did a reformat of windows to start fresh, then got stuck in phase 1 initialisation failed blue screen or something along those lines so created a new windows 10 install usb, got it installed then black screen hanging despite not even getting the install finished.

Turned PC off, flipped the bios switch on vega 56 to the left I..e towards the case brackets.

So currently up and running now.

What exactly does the BIOS switch do?

try 1050 on the p6 and 1080 on the p7 check stability and go from there. might be worth testing 1000 on the p3 memory(this is more floor voltage for the core not so much memory voltage) and bumping to 980 on the memory clocks.
no need to touch the core clocks
edit: stick fan target to 65 and set rpm on the left as required. if you want more core speed set power to +50% first and adjust core speed later

Thanks.

Will have a play once I get windows setup finished.

Man of Honour
OP
Oooooh - look what the nice man from DPD delivered today :D
tF5jvkr.jpg

Very exciting times in the Clanger household - hoping to see something of an improvement from my R9 290 GPU / space heater ..... fingers crossed!

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

EuNNNmA.jpg

Date 05/12/2018, Make Sapphire Pulse, Tiny Clanger, Link
Date 05/12/2018, Make PowerColor Red Dragon, Aztec2Step, Link
Date 25/11/2018, Make Sapphire Pulse, Sideeffect, Link
Date 19/11/2018, Make Sapphire Pulse, Th0nt, Link
Date 19/11/2018, Make Sapphire Pulse, Deathwish, Link
Date 19/11/2018, Make Sapphire Pulse, DragonQ, Link
Date 19/11/2018, Make Sapphire Pulse, SydDanube, Link
Date 18/11/2018, Make Sapphire Pulse, gazzaa, Link
Date 18/11/2018, Make Sapphire Pulse, linaaslt, Link
Date 17/11/2018, Make Sapphire Pulse, doodah, Link
Date 12/11/2018, Make PowerColor Red Dragon, OLDPHART, Link
Date 03/11/2018, Make PowerColor Red Dragon, scrivz69, Link
Date 03/11/2018, Make PowerColor Red Dragon, scotty63, Link
Date 05/07/2018, Make Asus Strix, Davanius, Link
Date 27/11/2017, Make Reference Air, ubersonic, Link
Date 24/11/2017, Make Reference Air, WigglesGRN, Link
Date 07/11/2017, Make Reference Air, Kei, Link
Date 04/10/2017, Make Reference Air, Illuminist, Link
Date 01/10/2017, Make Reference Air, WizardOne, Link
Date 21/09/2017, Make Reference Air, SHOGUNXSHINOBI, Link
Date 20/09/2017, Make Reference Air, Overlag, Link
Date 15/09/2017, Make Reference Air, Jazz2k, Link
Date 15/09/2017, Make Reference Air, lowdog, Link
Date 13/09/2017, Make Reference Air, Evilmethod666, Link
Date 07/09/2017, Make Reference Air, jimhaumman, Link
Date 05/09/2017, Make Reference Air, FiremanSam, Link
Date 03/09/2017, Make Reference Air, erazor51, Link
Date 03/09/2017, Make Reference Air, Angst, Link
Date 01/09/2017, Make Reference Air, solarp, Link
Date 01/09/2017, Make Reference Air, slunge, Link
Date 01/09/2017, Make Reference Air, Narrack, Link
Date 01/09/2017, Make Reference Air, Daiyus, Link
Date 31/08/2017, Make Reference Air, icey_haj, Link
Date 31/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Vince, Link
Date 31/08/2017, Make Reference Air, sideways14a, Link
Date 31/08/2017, Make Reference Air, MagicBoy, Link
Date 31/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Roob65, Link
Date 31/08/2017, Make Reference Air, sjones1404, Link
Date 29/08/2017, Make Reference Air, bells, Link
Date 29/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Sybra, Link
Date 29/08/2017, Make Reference Air, docsonic, Link
Date 29/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Disjunto, Link
Date 29/08/2017, Make Reference Air, old gamer, Link
Date 29/08/2017, Make Reference Air, FelixB, Link
Date 29/08/2017, Make Reference Air, megatron, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Vega 56.

Soldato
Had absolute nightmare with new pc.....

Black screen upon installing vega drivers then did a reformat of windows to start fresh, then got stuck in phase 1 initialisation failed blue screen or something along those lines so created a new windows 10 install usb, got it installed then black screen hanging despite not even getting the install finished.

Turned PC off, flipped the bios switch on vega 56 to the left I..e towards the case brackets.

So currently up and running now.

What exactly does the BIOS switch do?

Thanks.

Will have a play once I get windows setup finished.
You've put it into the "power saving" BIOS, where the max power consumption is capped lower. Maybe your PSU is struggling?

Associate
I'm not happy with how Overclockers handled my situation here.

I received a faulty Vega 56 Pulse after buying it before the Black Friday sales. RMA confirmed the fault and they ordered a replacement. They're out of stock until January!!! There's also 76 pre-orders that will be fulfilled before mine.

I asked for an alternative card at the same pricing that Black Friday had, they refused.

What should I do? Wait a month or refund and get something else now? If so, what?

Soldato
I'm not happy with how Overclockers handled my situation here.

I received a faulty Vega 56 Pulse after buying it before the Black Friday sales. RMA confirmed the fault and they ordered a replacement. They're out of stock until January!!! There's also 76 pre-orders that will be fulfilled before mine.

I asked for an alternative card at the same pricing that Black Friday had, they refused.

What should I do? Wait a month or refund and get something else now? If so, what?

grab windforce , board is 12+1 vrm design

https://www.tomshardware.co.uk/gigabyte-radeon-rx-vega-56-gaming-oc-8g-review,review-34151-2.html

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...hbm2-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-19p-gi.html

also UK Based RMA - not sure if your able to go direct with Sapphire, not sure were you stand on the 14 days of purchasing new goods, hectically should be replaced straight away, regardless who's on the queue

Associate
What was wrong with your card?

Faulty VRAM segment.

grab windforce , board is 12+1 vrm design

https://www.tomshardware.co.uk/gigabyte-radeon-rx-vega-56-gaming-oc-8g-review,review-34151-2.html

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...hbm2-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-19p-gi.html

also UK Based RMA - not sure if your able to go direct with Sapphire, not sure were you stand on the 14 days of purchasing new goods, hectically should be replaced straight away, regardless who's on the queue

I heard really negative things about all other cards apart from Sapphire. I'll look into getting an RMA directly from the supplier.

Soldato
Faulty VRAM segment.

I heard really negative things about all other cards apart from Sapphire. I'll look into getting an RMA directly from the supplier.

every card has a negative , sapphire just landed you one with faulty vram etc. would make your life easier if you can get ahold of Sapphire but I have a feeling if its under 14 days they'll tell you to deal direct with ocuk, or over it ... still go via reseller . Quick google and looks like its all reseller dealt with :(

Associate
every card has a negative , sapphire just landed you one with faulty vram etc. would make your life easier if you can get ahold of Sapphire but I have a feeling if its under 14 days they'll tell you to deal direct with ocuk, or over it ... still go via reseller . Quick google and looks like its all reseller dealt with :(

That sucks. What makes Overclockers even worse is that they refused to offer me the Gigabyte card for the same price that I bought that one for. Or even lower it to the Black Friday pricing.

Soldato
That sucks. What makes Overclockers even worse is that they refused to offer me the Gigabyte card for the same price that I bought that one for. Or even lower it to the Black Friday pricing.

what was the pricing of the Black Friday ?

welll technically..... still claim your 3 free games even though 2 aren't out . keep down the serial code of the card and purchase etc. if you have to grba a new card as techically they'll have to refund you then re-buy, thats another free 3 game codes.......

if people abuse a system, might as well do it to :)

Associate
Hi guys, im planning to sell my old 390x card for 180 euros and getting a vega 56.
Now i cant made up my mind wich one I should go.

First I was looking at the Asus rog strix vega 56 ( price 445 eur )
Then I saw some reviews and they say the sapphire pulse is also a very good choice.

After a bit of searching I saw the Nitro+ le from sapphire, but i heard its a bit hard to get.
Now I find a good website where I can get it for 465 euro plus 3 upcoming games.

Now my question: is the Sapphire one a good or a better choice then the asus one ?

Wich one do you recommend ?

Thank you

Associate
Definately get the Sapphire card yes. Unless Strix is a lot cheaper. I bought Strix first but returned it cause temps where horrible. Quiet card Tho, but i suspect THE nitro is quiet to. Sapphire has great temps.

Back
Top Bottom