• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ryzen 5 3600 Discussion Thread

Associate
Nice temps! I have the same case. What's your fan set up? Are using the stock NZXT fans?

How do your temps compare to your stock clocks? My lows are in the 36C range but it rarely stays there under normal use (browsing) with all that boosting up and down going on. Did you find locking the voltage and OCing actually helped with temps?

PS. Are the temps from HWMonitor or Ryzen Master?

Temps are from HWMonitor. I find the temps stay lower in general because it isn't spiking so high. It's generally more consistent.

Fan wise I have my radiator at the front of the case with two 120s set to pull and then two exhaust fans at the back and rear. I ditched the NZXT fans and put the two fans that came with the AIO as my exhaust, and replaced them on the radiator with two Arctic P12 static pressure fans.

Associate
So a quick play around and I got 4125Mhz @ 1.337v in Ryzen Master for all core OC which seems to give pretty good results. Was a nice boost to Cinebench R20 over stock around 230pts more. Temps maxed about 77c when underload as volts drop to about 1.325v. Will keep playing, also need to have a mess around with ram see if I can get a bit more speed from that. 4125 all core is higher than I'd ever seen it boost to from stock though, it only seemed to ever hit 4100 and that was under low load, soon as temps went up it dropped down.

TrM

TrM

Associate

Goes to show amd have done things right finally after so many bad years they have had. Bulldozer/jaguar was not a success and was a mistake and when ryzen first gem come out I thought this is start of something but I also felt at the time and wouldn’t be able to carry it though though on past mistakes.

But ryzen 3 I thought was good launch with prices and cpu’s Across the board although I stil think 3600x and 3800x are just there to tick spec boxes. And seeing the 3600 cpu goes to show people want to pay less on their computer and still get amazing cpu performance. I still would have thought that the 3700x would have been the top seller though purely for the fact it’s a slightly less powerful i9 without the major price tag attached.

But my biggest surprise is the gpu though I’ve said in other threads I though amd was wrong not to chase the top end the 2080s and ti and going I to the crowed 2060 and 2070 and now the supers with no headline features like ray tracing and ai and dlss. Even though I think at 2060 and 2070 level the rtx stuff is useless though I have allways felt the gpu didn’t have the power for it

Good times ahead for us in both cpu and gpu intel and Nvidia both getting completion is good for us customers when in 2016 any gamer who wanted the beast had to have a Nvidia gpu paired with a intel cpu. Whilst Nvidia have keeper the top end to them self with 2080ti for anyone who won’t spend 1k on a gpu the choice has gotten a lot more interesting

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Goes to show amd have done things right finally after so many bad years they have had. Bulldozer/jaguar was not a success and was a mistake and when ryzen first gem come out I thought this is start of something but I also felt at the time and wouldn’t be able to carry it though though on past mistakes.

But ryzen 3 I thought was good launch with prices and cpu’s Across the board although I stil think 3600x and 3800x are just there to tick spec boxes. And seeing the 3600 cpu goes to show people want to pay less on their computer and still get amazing cpu performance. I still would have thought that the 3700x would have been the top seller though purely for the fact it’s a slightly less powerful i9 without the major price tag attached.

But my biggest surprise is the gpu though I’ve said in other threads I though amd was wrong not to chase the top end the 2080s and ti and going I to the crowed 2060 and 2070 and now the supers with no headline features like ray tracing and ai and dlss. Even though I think at 2060 and 2070 level the rtx stuff is useless though I have allways felt the gpu didn’t have the power for it

Good times ahead for us in both cpu and gpu intel and Nvidia both getting completion is good for us customers when in 2016 any gamer who wanted the beast had to have a Nvidia gpu paired with a intel cpu. Whilst Nvidia have keeper the top end to them self with 2080ti for anyone who won’t spend 1k on a gpu the choice has gotten a lot more interesting

yep agree with you there! Though in fairness to the 3700x, it was the top seller last month but this month the 3600 surpassed it. Its possible that next month, the 3700x could come back on top.

Either way its clear that the 3600, 3700x and 3900x are the chips that you should be going for and not the 3600x and 3800x.

Caporegime
yep agree with you there! Though in fairness to the 3700x, it was the top seller last month but this month the 3600 surpassed it. Its possible that next month, the 3700x could come back on top.

Either way its clear that the 3600, 3700x and 3900x are the chips that you should be going for and not the 3600x and 3800x.

I managed to snag a brand new 3600X for a really good price. Is there any downside to having one over a 3600? I'm not allowed to mention how much I paid for it but it was only £15 more than a 3600.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I managed to snag a brand new 3600X for a really good price. Is there any downside to having one over a 3600? I'm not allowed to mention how much I paid for it but it was only £15 more than a 3600.

For only £15 more its almost definitely worth it, so fair play! I was just taking into account the RRP in which case its not worth paying that much extra for the 3600x over the 3600.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

For only £15 more its almost definitely worth it, so fair play! I was just taking into account the RRP in which case its not worth paying that much extra for the 3600x over the 3600.

Associate
OP
So what are peoples thoughts on the news that AMD have suggested they can push out further optimisations to ensure better (to advertised) booting via the BIOS?

Soldato
It sounds like Ryzen 3000 are all broken & not working as advertised. I see a lawsuit coming again like with their supposed 8 core bulldozer.

I'll be going Intel next time & buy what it says on the box & have none of this hassle.

Back
Top Bottom