This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Soldato
What I love about this is that they are all on camera being live-streamed. The police did the best thing, leave them burn themselves out, don’t insight then further, then pick them all off one by one the day after.
Providing they actually do follow up on the video evidence and press appropriate charges. I'll be surprised if they do. They still need to find 400 million in savings to pay for additional promised police numbers by Starmer. They're not saving money, they're having to spend out on repairing wrecked vehicles after any such riots.

Last edited:
Caporegime
There is no minimum legal age for a child to babysit
yea but "There's no legal age a child can babysit – but if you leave your children with someone who's under 16 you're still responsible for their wellbeing. You should also think carefully about leaving your child alone with an older brother or sister."

I'm guessing all their kids were being taken into care since they are seemingly left to fend for themselves and look after each other.
sounds like a baby has a non accidental head injury whilst left in them care of a 14 year old, one who should never have been given the responsibility

we aren't in Romania now homie... they might turn a blind eye or not care, it's different here

What I love about this is that they are all on camera being live-streamed. The police did the best thing, leave them burn themselves out, don’t insight then further, then pick them all off one by one the day after.
you have to wonder if police cuts during the last 14 or so years is why they couldn't respond.

Not enough manpower available, not enough offices with the correct training/equipment to deal with it etc
lack of police cells to detain people also no doubt plays a part since theres barely any police stations left anymore

Last edited:
Soldato
Whilst I can understand the Police wanting to de-escalate a flashpoint situation by tactically retreating, in reality it just emboldened people and it may have been better to absolutely flood the place (if they had the numbers).

They don't have the numbers (particularly at short notice).

You'll need cancellation of leave and likely mutual aid from other forces for most police forces to be able deploy a significant amount of 'riot' (level 2) 'vans' (serials) in addition to 'business as usual'.

That takes a bit of time.

Last edited:
Soldato
Providing they actually do follow up on the video evidence and press appropriate charges. I'll be surprised if they do. They still need to find 400 million in savings to pay for additional promised police numbers by Starmer. They're not saving money, they're having to spend out on repairing wrecked vehicles after any such riots.
Arrests made:

Soldato
No that's fine, what question do you want answered re: the topic or what I've posted?

Go ahead and quote whatever post by me you're unsure about and ask away. I'm not sure where you got the impression I'm shy about replying to things re: what I've said - quite the opposite.

Edit - re: your edit the previous post was the one being referred to! That was the one with the still from the video you were asking for, it was answered - see Dis's post. If you need any further clarification then first go back and read the posts then just quote the one you're not following and ask away, this all seems to have stemmed from you jumping into a convo mid-way through and not being aware of what was discussed.

Your state that the videos of Mothin Ali trying to stop the rioting seem like a great PR opportunity (which it is) and then question what he was upto before he may have realised the cameras were on him. I'd like you to explain what you mean by that i.e. what are you suggesting he was doing before? Do you think he was enabling the rioting and, once he seen the cameras, decided to switch tactic to create a different, positive narrative of himself by trying to prevent it? (see below quote)

It is him, it's not clear what he was doing earlier and whether that later clip is a reaction to him previously being filmed/photographed.

It went viral so there is an obvious incentive to then be filmed condemning the rioting and saying a few words.

It’s hardly surprising so many threads get closed by the long suffering mods.
@Richie do you actually have anything to add, other than wanting to argue?

Oh ok... I dont believe I have written anything in this thread that has warranted Mod action such as, say, deleting my posts.... What about yourself?... Oh, wait a minute *looks back at the post after THIS ONE from earlier today*.... Who is it keeping the mods busy? :cry:

Soldato
Not sure why Dowie didn't see this; pretty sure you posted it before his several paragraphs of made up stuff about him being there earlier and doing nothing.

Indeed - It would appear that the screenshot used in the TR post to discredit the guy is pulled right out of that video of him taking people away and then twisted for an agenda. Compare right hand pic of TR tweet with 0:11 in video.

Last edited:
Soldato
'Green Party councillor for Gipton and Harehills Mothin Ali described the scenes as "absolute mayhem" and called for the community to stay calm after the incident.

Speaking from the scene on Friday, he said: "The scene was absolute mayhem. It was quite chaotic.

"We were trying to shelter the police, act as human shields for the police, because they were there without helmets, without shields, being pelted with bricks and bottles, so we were trying to calm people down and act as a protective barrier."

Mr Ali said local officers had been "fantastic" but he said withdrawing had been the wrong decision.'

Caporegime
yea but "There's no legal age a child can babysit – but if you leave your children with someone who's under 16 you're still responsible for their wellbeing. You should also think carefully about leaving your child alone with an older brother or sister."

I'm guessing all their kids were being taken into care since they are seemingly left to fend for themselves and look after each other.
sounds like a baby has a non accidental head injury whilst left in them care of a 14 year old, one who should never have been given the responsibility

The other thing is the allegation that in some reporting it was claimed to be a non-accident?

And there was something else about a window?
Kids were left home alone, the youngest fell out of a window and end up with a serious head injury. Social services decided to take all 5 kids into care (only done as a last resort & only when there are previous offences of abuse)

That seems like quite serious negligence at best - how did a baby (was it less than 1 year old?) even get up to a window?

I can maybe understand a 14-year-old being asked to supervise say a 3-year-old and 5-year-old or something briefly, mum has to nip to the post office and will be back in 15 minutes at most/has mobile with her etc.

Supervising a baby all day while both parents are out is pretty dubious in itself and when authorities are confronted with - a non-trivial head injury that requires a visit to the hospital + parents only took the baby to the hospital a day later when there was apparently an obvious lump then there must be some serious safeguarding issues.

Caporegime
Not sure why Dowie didn't see this; pretty sure you posted it before his several paragraphs of made up stuff about him being there earlier and doing nothing.

What is it you think I've made up? Do you think he wasn't indulging in some self-promotion with some guy filming him/saying his name etc..? If so I think maybe you're falling for the PR too easily.

Indeed - It would appear that the screenshot used in the TR post to discredit the guy is pulled right out of that video of him taking people away and then twisted for an agenda. Compare right hand pic of TR tweet with 0:11 in video.

The TR post?

It was posted by @Dis86 in this thread and the tweet was by someone called Oli.

This is what another local councilor did, worked with the police and put a message out to tell people to stay home, not go out on the streets with them for a bit of PR/self-promotion:

Last edited:
Soldato
What is it you think I've made up?
This bit:
He was only filmed intervening and telling people to calm down hours after the initial tweets went viral, did you see him saying anything during the initial rioting when it was still light outside or stopping people or was he just following the crowd, walking in the middle of the road with them?

Soldato
Your state that the videos of Mothin Ali trying to stop the rioting seem like a great PR opportunity (which it is) and then question what he was upto before he may have realised the cameras were on him. I'd like you to explain what you mean by that i.e. what are you suggesting he was doing before? Do you think he was enabling the rioting and, once he seen the cameras, decided to switch tactic to create a different, positive narrative of himself by trying to prevent it? (see below quote)

Oh ok... I dont believe I have written anything in this thread that has warranted Mod action such as, say, deleting my posts.... What about yourself?... Oh, wait a minute *looks back at the post after THIS ONE from earlier today*.... Who is it keeping the mods busy? :cry:

I’m still not sure what went “viral” a screen shot? along with video from an earlier date with fake right wing narrative? The only original thing in the tweet was a screen grab, there’s literally nothing to go viral.

There’s literally nothing the councillor was trying to counter, it’s laughable at best.

His behaviour was consistent and admirable throughout the day.

Soldato
I'm referring to what was posted (those were clips at night, you can go back and see them) and asked if he saw any earlier in the day?

He's done his PR during daylight too - he shouldn't have been there, he should have been telling people to stay indoors not joining them.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Soldato
I’m pretty sure Salma Arif was on the street too speaking with protestors telling them to go home, just like councillor Mothin Ali was too.

He’s just a bit more bad ass and and decided to put himself in harms way tackling the protestors.

In fact in the daytime video he’s telling the mob to retreat back and leads the affected Romanian family away from the crowds.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom