• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Threadripper on Zen+ 32 Cores - Launching Q3 2018

Permabanned
You asked the question where are the Ryzen notebooks, you were shown. You then proceed to move the goal posts after being shown some.

Are people supposed to read your mind? :/

EDIT: OH yeah.. here's one with a 4K display, optionms for up to Ryzen 7, 1TB NVMe SSD, and Vega10 GPU.

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-envy-x360-13z-touch-laptop-3ec92av-1

Yawn.

Yes, this is the first one and I don't see it available in Germany yet. So, things have changed in the last month or two with the second-generation Ryzen being released.
I am using a filter with 4K and 17 inch and once only Intel-based configurations appear, I don't go deeper to see what other systems are available with these Ryzens.

Soldato
Yes, this is the first one and I don't see it available in Germany yet. So, things have changed in the last month or two with the second-generation Ryzen being released.
I am using a filter with 4K and 17 inch and once only Intel-based configurations appear, I don't go deeper to see what other systems are available with these Ryzens.

So now you've yet again added to the question, in Germany, and with a 17" display?

Your original question should have read as follows:

"Where are the Ryzen based laptops, with up to a Ryzen 7, with a 17" 4k display and available in Germany now?"

Anything more specific, like it needs to be purple, and available in a certain town in Germany, at a specific shop that opens only on Wednesdays, and the staff are all women? Oh yeah, and it plays the orignal Star Trek theme as its BIOS beep.

Soldato

I have to laugh but I can't help but think that all they have done in the long run is awaken a sleep giant. Granted the giant is still recovering from the hangover from the premature victory party night before whilst hopping around the room having tried to put both feet in the same trouser leg. But it will eventually hit back, without tripping over its own feet.

Anyone know the odds on Lisa Sue being poached and becoming the next Intel CEO?

Soldato
That AMD stand is amazing. I don't think I have ever seen a trade stand put the boot into the competition that hard.

It's ripping off a much older tech slogan

"No one ever got fired for buying IBM"

A poisonous slogan about encouraging people to buy from the good and safe IBM company and generate fear that other companies are risky and dangerous.

So it's a mashup of that and the fact that AMD have genuinely undercut Intel with a better product in several areas out of nowhere :)

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Is it possible to mount a fan to blow directly cool air on the VRMs?

Yes, That's what I have done. My 1950x OC'd to 4.15ghz using 1.4v pulls a shade over 300w and the VRM's on my Gaming 7 peak at 65c. I'm confident that this board could support a mild overclock for the 2990x, but I'm hoping it will be pointless due to XFR2 like we've seen on the 2700x.

Soldato
That AMD stand is amazing. I don't think I have ever seen a trade stand put the boot into the competition that hard.

The Intel's Core 2 was funny. It's was a picture of three kittens for the Tri Athlon and a pair of cheetahs for the E6600.

Associate
Yeah Intel had to do something as the Athlon XP, 64 and X2 gave iNtel a sore bottom, the Core2 must have felt like Senokot with the amount of relief it gave intels marketing chaps.

Soldato
The Intel's Core 2 was funny. It's was a picture of three kittens for the Tri Athlon and a pair of cheetahs for the E6600.

As i remember the E6600 was a good chip..........................always did the job for me anyway :D

2qjkr6g.jpg

Soldato
As i remember the E6600 was a good chip..........................always did the job for me anyway :D

It's a real shame that Intel didn't continue to let people OC any old CPU, I loved the E6300/6400, yes they had less cache but they were cheap, and bang for buck was massive even comparing it to the AMD X2's when the prices were slashed to try and compete, they just couldn't.

It is so annoying that overclocking is now tied (Intel wise) the their top end consumer CPU's, the whole point in the OC'ing I did was to get free performance, not set the world alight with the highest benchmarks. Hopefully, the next generation of Intel CPU's will bring us that again (crosses fingers), in the next couple of years. :(

Soldato
It's a real shame that Intel didn't continue to let people OC any old CPU, I loved the E6300/6400, yes they had less cache but they were cheap, and bang for buck was massive even comparing it to the AMD X2's when the prices were slashed to try and compete, they just couldn't.

It is so annoying that overclocking is now tied (Intel wise) the their top end consumer CPU's, the whole point in the OC'ing I did was to get free performance, not set the world alight with the highest benchmarks. Hopefully, the next generation of Intel CPU's will bring us that again (crosses fingers), in the next couple of years. :(

Yeah, Shortly after the Core2 was probably the point Intel started to turn away from the enthusiast end. The funny thing is it was enthusiasts that put Intel back on the map and now they want us to buy overpriced, outdated and faulty laptop or Xeons chips cobbled together on terrible platforms.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Any UK pricing yet?

There's no pricing confirmed for any territory other - just a rumour post where some store seemed to put up a product listing early - and there is no confirmation they got it right.

Back
Top Bottom