Typical Day - Glimpse into my Diet & Training

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
update: weight is still the same for this week 67kg but lifting heavy when it comes to compound - deadlifting 150kg at the moment which is good as the food reduction i thought i would be inclined to lose strength.

3x sessions a week of LISS are helping and i am told! i am slowly shedding the water which is good and hardening up.

It is weird to see such big changes in such a week to body composition but i guess that comes down to a completely strict (monotonous diet) - this week’s progression photos looks so different in the short space of time.

Soldato
Nice going kai, I'd only be less inclined to rely on so many supplements though, but that's purely a financial thing. Affording it isn't the problem, it's just justifying that spend each month on it...I couldn't do it!!

What are your big 3 looking like?

my only critique would be to get that chest built up a little more, not that it's small, just the cuts elsewhere over power it :p

My supplements are;

Whey
Fish oil
Creatine

and just bought Dextrose, all of which costs very little and lasts me a long time, probably about £30-35 a month averaged out

Last edited:
Soldato
My routine is similar to yours Kai, but i do a 4 day split Mon-Thurs, then a full body workout on Saturday, if i'm pressed for time during the week, it will be a 2 day split Mon-Tues and a full body workout on a Thursday.

I was like you Kai with the supplements, buying quite a bit, but i cut it down to a few things as some of the things i was buying wasn't necessary, also my girlfriend wasn't too keen on it as well so i decided to just buy the things i need like fish oils, whey, multi-vitamin and amino acid powder for before and after my workouts.

Either way, you look good Kai, keep up the good work.

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
Tommy and Wes my diet is pretty food reliant i would say? following Steedie advice

First Meal: 7:15am

1 Scoop - Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey
75g Mornflake Superfast Oats with 500ml water

Second Meal 10:30am

4oz Chicken breast
250g Sweet potato
1tbsp Good Oil
half cup broccoli & half a cup of green beans

Third Meal: 1:30pm

4oz Chicken breast
1tbsp Good Oil
70g Brown Rice

Fourth Meal: 5:00pm Pre-Work

4oz Chicken breast
1tbsp Good Oil
70g Brown Rice

Fifth Meal: 7:30pm Post –Workout (consumed with 10 minutes of completing workout)

1 Scoops Optimum Nutrition HydoBuilder

Sixth Meal: 8:00pm

4oz white fish
1tbsp Good Oil
70g Brown rice

Seventh Meal: 10:30pm (bed time)

1 Scoop Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein
Optimum Nutrition ZMA 3 Caps

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Looking good Kai. Would be good to see a relaxed/no-pump pic without the bathroom/gym lighting too, just for comparison. I think it gives a more modest view of how you look as these photos can skew things. I posted one up in my thread you should take a look :)

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
Looking good Kai. Would be good to see a relaxed/no-pump pic without the bathroom/gym lighting too, just for comparison. I think it gives a more modest view of how you look as these photos can skew things. I posted one up in my thread you should take a look :)

this was taken before the gym session last night !!!

here you go no pump no tense :) ok it's in the gym but meh not under the lighting!

relaxn.jpg

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Good stuff.
The point was I making is it's good to be consistent with the photos. For example I could take a relaxed photo with no down lighting, and in the next photo I could be pumped up with some gym lighting and look massively different. The best photo I had was a pic the wife took when I was on holiday with no top on, it showed me how I look to the rest of the world.

But anyway, looking solid there, get some back and leg shots too ;)

Soldato
Looking good there kai, just need to smash those delts a bit more! Lets see a rear double bi and some legs please (nohomo) +1 to that LiE, gym lighting is never a good indication of real size

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
Looking good there kai, just need to smash those delts a bit more! Lets see a rear double bi and some legs please (nohomo) +1 to that LiE, gym lighting is never a good indication of real size

delts are working progress i know it's something i need to work on and im smashing them every session now and heavy...

pictures next week will include the following :D

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
Update: This morning i went in to total melt down. I am looking really really small. Weight at the moment is 66.3kg the lightest I have EVER been...
Thanks to Steedie i am a little more reassured I am on the right path, no doubt i am completely depleted, it’s late in the week. I have a high carb day towards the end of this week and i am assured I will be looking very full.

Strength last week or so has increased quiet notably so I know 100% it’s not going to be muscle wastage and that it be a decrease in subcutaneous water, which is a good thing :)

This bodybuilding is a complete mind ****

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
Thanks Guys,

Sunday I am going to have my carb up day and cut my water off completely from 6pm - Monday i should be looking very full - this will give a good idea where i am and of course motivation

Man of Honour
I don't remember telling you to cut off your water :)

Don't do that, you'll look worse for it if you do. Especially as we've done no water manipulation stuff up until now

Soldato
Update: This morning i went in to total melt down. I am looking really really small. Weight at the moment is 66.3kg the lightest I have EVER been...
Thanks to Steedie i am a little more reassured I am on the right path, no doubt i am completely depleted, it’s late in the week. I have a high carb day towards the end of this week and i am assured I will be looking very full.

Strength last week or so has increased quiet notably so I know 100% it’s not going to be muscle wastage and that it be a decrease in subcutaneous water, which is a good thing :)

This bodybuilding is a complete mind ****

Keep it up kai. Bet you're looking ripped to shreds though!!

We all have those 'do I even workout?' days, it's all psychological! Where you may be feeling small, it's probably a very very little noticable difference in size, if any at all :p

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
Well i think following this bodypower expo, 8 weeks away i am going to go on a bulk and it is not going to be restritive! that is for sure.... think i am going to have a good 6 - 8 months of solid bulking where i hope to get up to 75kg how much will be fat is another question but i know i can cut up pretty quick based on this experince.

theory being i can cut up and be 3 - 4kg heavier this time next year which will make a big difference

Soldato
Well i think following this bodypower expo, 8 weeks away i am going to go on a bulk and it is not going to be restritive! that is for sure.... think i am going to have a good 6 - 8 months of solid bulking where i hope to get up to 75kg how much will be fat is another question but i know i can cut up pretty quick based on this experince.

theory being i can cut up and be 3 - 4kg heavier this time next year which will make a big difference

Am thinking of going to the expo, do we know if many OcUK lifters will be in presence? :D

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
I know me and Steedie have tickets, i am up there Friday for the preview opening :) tickets where limited soi got them in Jan. Also i am there Saturday (booked hotel). At the moment i am trying to negotiate either get a press pass or luxury VIP tickets. Girlfriend is a journalist, or fall back is am the Microsoft account manager of Fitpro - they are the offical sponsor :p

Back
Top Bottom