Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Associate
Not had a chance to sink too many hours into it yet but enjoying it with a good team. I'm currently running Kruber with a halberd and having a great time cleaving down enemies. The problem I've had so far is when you fail a mission. They can take quite a while and to lose near the end and only gain a bit of exp isn't a great feeling.

Soldato
The perfect completion xp and the fail near the end xp isn't too far off though - I get what you are saying though, it's even worse if the host crashes as you get NOTHING. We had that today on the very last mission, running upto the exit (I actually got into it) and the host crashed, an hour down the drain.... :mad:

Soldato
Only just heard of this and looks pretty good. How would a solo queue go or does it really require voice comms etc? Fairly limited time to play so wondering how it plays for a quick game here and there

Soldato
You can solo queue or play with bots,you get extra rewards for quick play.

Worth learning the mechanics a bit on blocking/dodging before jumping into a team game

Soldato
They are ok for the lower difficulties, although even recruit is tough for your first few goes.

If they get stuck, just run forward and they teleport to you, doesn't happen often though.

Soldato
They are ok for the lower difficulties, although even recruit is tough for your first few goes.

If they get stuck, just run forward and they teleport to you, doesn't happen often though.
Nice. I still don't really understand what sort of game it is, I guess it has levelling and progression?

Does it support 360 controllers? I know that may sound mad but I'm quite fond of couch gaming lately so if I cab enjoy it that way, I'd like to. Can't imagine mouse precision is super key for a more back and slash game?

Soldato
Nice. I still don't really understand what sort of game it is, I guess it has levelling and progression?

Does it support 360 controllers? I know that may sound mad but I'm quite fond of couch gaming lately so if I cab enjoy it that way, I'd like to. Can't imagine mouse precision is super key for a more back and slash game?

Did you ever play left 4 dead? Essentially 4 people trying to get from point A to B with various enemies attacking the crap out of you - basic drones that will sometimes attack as a horde, shield enemies, armored once - quite a few different bosses - the enemies can change quite often due to the AI director doing different things, which means you can have a boss type enemy thrown at you very early on or not at all.

All the levels are good, very different feel to each of them.

The characters and subclasses again offer a good variety, same with different weapons - so you can be a melee/ranged/tank..etc as you play you level up, unlock new loot/items/perks and work up through the various difficulties. Has collectables in each level offering the chance of better loot/more XP.

It does have full controller support, my friend plays on one, says it's good but can't speak to it myself.

It is better with friends/group rather than solo, but even if you decide to go it alone and only play 1 character and each level once, it's still worth the money IMO.

Soldato
Did you ever play left 4 dead? Essentially 4 people trying to get from point A to B with various enemies attacking the crap out of you - basic drones that will sometimes attack as a horde, shield enemies, armored once - quite a few different bosses - the enemies can change quite often due to the AI director doing different things, which means you can have a boss type enemy thrown at you very early on or not at all.

All the levels are good, very different feel to each of them.

The characters and subclasses again offer a good variety, same with different weapons - so you can be a melee/ranged/tank..etc as you play you level up, unlock new loot/items/perks and work up through the various difficulties. Has collectables in each level offering the chance of better loot/more XP.

It does have full controller support, my friend plays on one, says it's good but can't speak to it myself.

It is better with friends/group rather than solo, but even if you decide to go it alone and only play 1 character and each level once, it's still worth the money IMO.

Thanks for all the info it does sound like something I would enjoy. I dabbled in l4d but never really got too into it at the time.

Do the levels sort of play out like strikes in destiny?

Soldato
Thanks for all the info it does sound like something I would enjoy. I dabbled in l4d but never really got too into it at the time.

Do the levels sort of play out like strikes in destiny?

No problem. I wouldn't say so no, each level is self contained, do one to unlock the next, can easily replay - you essentially spawn into a hub area that has a mission select in

Soldato
This is such a good game and you won't find one better for £15.

The combat feels great, so 'weighty' and the co-op is brilliant, no solo hero's running off (so far). Some of the battles can get really tense and chaotic.

The loot system is quite good, plus you can save boxes and open any of them with any character class you want.

Must buy game!

Soldato
FUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!
Can't believe my luck.
3 times I've attempted Skittergate and 3 times I've lost.
1st attempt, the final boss bugged, he wouldn't jump down so we couldn't kill him.
2nd attempt, we tried a contract where you couldn't pick up anything health/ammo etc, and just lost due to attrition (admitidly that had nothing to do with luck)
3rd attempt, we tried another contract, where you slowly take health, we beat the boss, start running for the exit! Then we all lose connection to steam!

Oh the exclamation marks are flying tonight!

Soldato
FUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!
Can't believe my luck.
3 times I've attempted Skittergate and 3 times I've lost.
1st attempt, the final boss bugged, he wouldn't jump down so we couldn't kill him.
2nd attempt, we tried a contract where you couldn't pick up anything health/ammo etc, and just lost due to attrition (admitidly that had nothing to do with luck)
3rd attempt, we tried another contract, where you slowly take health, we beat the boss, start running for the exit! Then we all lose connection to steam!

Oh the exclamation marks are flying tonight!

So tuesdays are a bad day to play? didnt realise they did routine maintenance on tuesdays :(

Back
Top Bottom