Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Associate
FUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!
Can't believe my luck.
3 times I've attempted Skittergate and 3 times I've lost.
1st attempt, the final boss bugged, he wouldn't jump down so we couldn't kill him.
2nd attempt, we tried a contract where you couldn't pick up anything health/ammo etc, and just lost due to attrition (admitidly that had nothing to do with luck)
3rd attempt, we tried another contract, where you slowly take health, we beat the boss, start running for the exit! Then we all lose connection to steam!

Oh the exclamation marks are flying tonight!

Ive encountered the first bug, he wouldnt jump down luckly we managed to damage him with range and eventually he jumped down.

Soldato
FUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!
Can't believe my luck.
3 times I've attempted Skittergate and 3 times I've lost.
1st attempt, the final boss bugged, he wouldn't jump down so we couldn't kill him.
2nd attempt, we tried a contract where you couldn't pick up anything health/ammo etc, and just lost due to attrition (admitidly that had nothing to do with luck)
3rd attempt, we tried another contract, where you slowly take health, we beat the boss, start running for the exit! Then we all lose connection to steam!

Oh the exclamation marks are flying tonight!

I can do one better, boss bugged had to use flame cannon which does almost no damage to bosses, think it took 20 odd mins, just as we ran to the exit, host crashed causing the game to migrate and reset everything....

Worth noting that this is the first crash/disconnect in 20 odd hours

Last edited:
Associate
just as we ran to the exit, host crashed causing the game to migrate and reset everything....

Havent had this happen to me....yet, but some of my friends have had it a bunch. Fatshark have dedicated servers on their roadmap, so hopefully they come soon and this issue will be resolved.

Soldato
It depends how easy you are finding it, items tend to drop within 10 of your item level (doesn't have to be equipped) so if you are unlucky with drops and 1 is very low, it's worth crafting to bring the average up. Otherwise it's slightly better to save these.

If it's still a challenge to get through then it might be worth waiting for a couple more levels, get the next set of perks and once you find the items dropping 95/100 then make the jump up.

The jump from recruit to vet isn't to bad if you have a group, bots suck vs chaos boss as they don't move out of the way and he will keep healing!

Some useful bits here for new players

https://www.pcgamer.com/warhammer-vermintide-2-tips/

Soldato
It depends how easy you are finding it, items tend to drop within 10 of your item level (doesn't have to be equipped) so if you are unlucky with drops and 1 is very low, it's worth crafting to bring the average up. Otherwise it's slightly better to save these.

If it's still a challenge to get through then it might be worth waiting for a couple more levels, get the next set of perks and once you find the items dropping 95/100 then make the jump up.

The jump from recruit to vet isn't to bad if you have a group, bots suck vs chaos boss as they don't move out of the way and he will keep healing!

Some useful bits here for new players

https://www.pcgamer.com/warhammer-vermintide-2-tips/

I'll probably just wait till I'm at around 90 on items. It's easy providing your group is ok.

Soldato
I could be being stupid but how do you play with bots? Can't seem to see the option?

Either way had some good rounds with randoms. 1 team clearly new what they were doing, found all the books etc. Second team were all more new like me and we fumbled through it :D

What did you guys do first? Just quick play random maps or select them in order for story reasons forfeiting the bonus?

Soldato
On the selection mission area, select custom game, select map, set to host then start mission - the bubble thing will come up like it always does, just go in solo and the game will autofill any spots with bots.

I played a fair bit of the beta so I was a few levels ahead but on proper launch me and a few mates played through all the levels ourselves - if I was solo i'd give the quickmatch a go for the extra bonus but its not essential tbh

Soldato
On the selection mission area, select custom game, select map, set to host then start mission - the bubble thing will come up like it always does, just go in solo and the game will autofill any spots with bots.

I played a fair bit of the beta so I was a few levels ahead but on proper launch me and a few mates played through all the levels ourselves - if I was solo i'd give the quickmatch a go for the extra bonus but its not essential tbh

I thought that may be the case, Thanks! Not sure if I'll use bots or not. Maybe just to practise with the different characters. For now I'll continue to play the levels in order then quick play once I've played them through once, though it doesn't really matter it's not really story heavy from what I've seen so far.

Am I right in thinking it's best to save the 300 number chests until later in the game?

Soldato
I thought that may be the case, Thanks! Not sure if I'll use bots or not. Maybe just to practise with the different characters. For now I'll continue to play the levels in order then quick play once I've played them through once, though it doesn't really matter it's not really story heavy from what I've seen so far.

Am I right in thinking it's best to save the 300 number chests until later in the game?

No worries mate, and no not for me personally. I know it's very lore heavy if your interested in the warhammer stories but it doesn't bother me - just want to smash enemies with a hammer.

Personal preference on boxes, early game will go a bit slower but you get boxes faster in general as a lower level character. If with bots, I'll aim for 3 tomes and 1 grim, it's a struggle to get them to pick them up sometimes and losing most of your health to 2 grims leaves no room for dumb bot stuff!

Permabanned
must have put about 20 hours in, nearly level 30. For £15 this is really superb value.

One thing that stands out if the enviroments. Lovely detail and design, nice variety of maps. Also really engaging. I find I sometimes sway in the direction of my halbert when I'm making massive swipes with it :D Really well optimized. My PC is nothing special but can max this out and runs smoothly. It doesn't, for me however, have the addictive quality that L4D has. I think that's down to lack of versus mode and a few other things.

For instance, I don't really like the universal health reduction thing as you progress. I understand it's there to provide a challenge, as no one dies and can be rescued after they've been captured. This also stops people rage quiting and works very well. I just wish there was something better in its place. Instead of having like a quarter health towards the end of the mission, the should remove the cap and just make it much tougher as you progress through the map.

Definitely worth a buy but I don't expect much longevity in it.

Soldato
Have they discussed content/dlc going forward?

Alarm bells ring for me instantly when I see loot boxes and cosmetic items in a paid for game. Obviously right now this is all part of the games progression but have they said anything about microtransactions etc later on? (Hope Not, cheapens the feel of a paid game for me)

Soldato
Have they discussed content/dlc going forward?

Alarm bells ring for me instantly when I see loot boxes and cosmetic items in a paid for game. Obviously right now this is all part of the games progression but have they said anything about microtransactions etc later on? (Hope Not, cheapens the feel of a paid game for me)

They've stated multiple times they'll never have paid loot boxes.

Roadmap here:
http://www.vermintide.com/roadmap/

Caporegime
Having a nightmare with server stabilty. Had a fair few games now where something goes awry and the mission restarts from the beginning. Also the AI on the bots is shocking.

Back
Top Bottom