Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Associate
I struggle enough with Sienna on low difficulties, would hate for it to be harder! Got the Pyromancer subclass unlocked last night and not sure whether I prefer it over the starter one...

Currently only played Sienna and the dwarf - who I really enjoy. Need to try out the other characters this week.

Stick with her and level her up, use pyro class with beam staff with critical mass legendary trait and dagger then she is an absolute beast DPS. The snipe ability on the beam staff (hold rightclick then left click) is amazing for sniping specials and damaging down bosses.

Soldato
Stick with her and level her up, use pyro class with beam staff with critical mass legendary trait and dagger then she is an absolute beast DPS. The snipe ability on the beam staff (hold rightclick then left click) is amazing for sniping specials and damaging down bosses.

Few questions on this! The beam staff with the solid beam primary fire has a shotgun like alternative, do you mean the staff with the inacurate rapid fire primary which I think has the snipe ability? I've not tried this staff yet as I've not had a decent one drop. As for Critical Mass, that's the base passive the Pyromancer has - I don't believe you can get it as a trait on a weapon, or have I missunderstood what you mean?
Already using a dagger, definitely the nicest weapon I've used for her offensively, even if it lacks decent blocking.

Associate
Few questions on this! The beam staff with the solid beam primary fire has a shotgun like alternative, do you mean the staff with the inacurate rapid fire primary which I think has the snipe ability? I've not tried this staff yet as I've not had a decent one drop. As for Critical Mass, that's the base passive the Pyromancer has - I don't believe you can get it as a trait on a weapon, or have I missunderstood what you mean?
Already using a dagger, definitely the nicest weapon I've used for her offensively, even if it lacks decent blocking.

I didn't know this at first either until a friend asked me why i wasn't using the 3rd ability. I gave you the wrong button combo above actually, so beam staff has 3 abilities left click is the constant beam, hold right click and then left click is the shotgun like effect and then holding left click (so channelling the beam) then press right click and itll do a snipe blast that deals insane damage (one shots most specials with a headshot on vet and cham).

once you get a beam staff with critical mass (use the crit cooldown talents etc as well) you can pretty much use staff abilities none stop and the DPS is insane.

Associate
BTW, my experience is elf players are the worst. :p After several days of derpy elves it's swayed my belief, from them strafing behind me while i'm stationary and then unloading arrows into my non moving head, to calling health and potions for them and them just ignoring everything. Or running far enough ahead so no-one can help them within 5 seconds if they get jumped and falling off the river crossings on halescourge...Yea it's been a bad few days

Yeah, no. I rather play support DPS, flank about take out tagged enemies, then get in with the spear. I have only just started so still working out what traits to use and which direction to go though. There seems to be a lot of cool classes to play (i dont know the names) but the bow or backstab elf, unchained pyro, tank dwarf or knight all look like my kind of roles, able to support & offer good control of different mobs when needed. I am avoiding the witch hunter because my mate has started with him and likes him so far.

Intense game!

Associate
OP
Yea it sounds like you play elf like I play Huntsman. Snipe specials, thin hordes, melee support allies if they start to get overrun.

Associate
Yea it sounds like you play elf like I play Huntsman. Snipe specials, thin hordes, melee support allies if they start to get overrun.

Yeah, support the team is surely better for the end game, I wouldnt play this one like quake

Reading into playing Sienna more I've realised that I didn't realise there was a way to just vent overheat without just waiting for it to passively drop down. No wonder I've been struggling not knowing things like that!

I tried her a bit, and while I enjoy the character (i'm 75% mage or sometimes rogue in RP games) I died a lot! Part of the fun though I guess

Associate
OP
Reading into playing Sienna more I've realised that I didn't realise there was a way to just vent overheat without just waiting for it to passively drop down. No wonder I've been struggling not knowing things like that!
You will take damage venting unless your bar is grey. I've not really played sienna in V2, I know my mate plays the second class and has a trait to do with grimoires letting him cool down very fast.

I've played mostly kruber mostly because one friend only plays elf, another only plays salt and the last was dwarf and then switched to mage. I played kruber because i avoided him in v1, switched to salt then had to switch back. It's annoying actually because switching to them now I miss the extra weapons and traits and i contribute far less as a level 2 dwarf/mage in champ than i do with my level 30 huntsman/footknight. Even if i find footknights ult confusing.

Soldato
From what I saw it's only a small amount of damage, so preferable over being fairly defenceless if you get pinned by a horde. Losing a bit of damage and then being able to blast away enemies with an AoE/CC Staff attack is definitely worth it. Another hour of work then get to go home and play about, can't wait!

Associate
wow. getting kicked from the server right at the end of missions when you have won sucks. The netcode is a bit dodgy?

literally pushed the cart to the top of the troll base and got over the bridge. kicked :D

Soldato
I'm all about the crowd control and elite squashing with kruber. Two handed hammer and handgun, plus the lvl20 skill where you get temp health from kills. You can just smash hordes all day, headsmash elites or beat armored dudes to pieces. Handgun means you can pop most elites at any range. Got a nice 33% curse resistance trinket too. Makes a huge difference with 2 grims

Commissario
Sounds good, I'll have a play later. Hadn't even thought to try extra button combinations like that!
My team have been complaining about the lack of information about some of the characters repeatedly, I think several of the character/weapon combinations have similar third options that simply aren't referenced in the game as being there.

Associate
OP
wow. getting kicked from the server right at the end of missions when you have won sucks. The netcode is a bit dodgy?

literally pushed the cart to the top of the troll base and got over the bridge. kicked :D

Might have been vote kicked? I've seen mention of this before on reddit and I think most people seemed to think it was just people being dicks

I'm all about the crowd control and elite squashing with kruber. Two handed hammer and handgun, plus the lvl20 skill where you get temp health from kills. You can just smash hordes all day, headsmash elites or beat armored dudes to pieces. Handgun means you can pop most elites at any range. Got a nice 33% curse resistance trinket too. Makes a huge difference with 2 grims

Curse resistance is awesome, and temp health does contribute to a nice power spike. I loved the hammer, nice satisfying thunk as you hit stuff and it is good against chaos warriors. I've switched to halberd because it attacks faster so better with hordes, it's third strike will hit down on a head so i murder elites (storm vermin) and while I've seen people say it's good against chaos warriors I can't seem to get the knack of killing them with it. Handgun is also very nice, I use it when I play foot knight otherwise it's the longbow - I love it. Wish i liked the blunderbuss, but considering it's a shotgun I never seemed to get much ammo back with it, and I was never very good with it.

Associate
h

You need critical mass trait on a legendary beam staff with %crit on some other items then all your overheat issues are gone :), also when you get to 25 if you are still having overheat issues there is a talent at level 25 that vents all overheat when you press your special F ability.

Associate
Might have been vote kicked? I've seen mention of this before on reddit and I think most people seemed to think it was just people being dicks
/

Bad wording - 'lost connection with steam'

I've only played properly last night though, so idk if anything was up. The main story on the steam page was exactly this problem.

I got kicked once by Dicks. but had more than quite a few server issues. More than any other game I've ever experienced.

Nearly half my games had issues?

Soldato
The group I was playing with last night all got disconnected from Steam and got dropped from the game at the same time - might be a global thing that happened yesterday kicking you out Rasseru?

You need critical mass trait on a legendary beam staff with %crit on some other items then all your overheat issues are gone :), also when you get to 25 if you are still having overheat issues there is a talent at level 25 that vents all overheat when you press your special F ability.
Yeh a nice legendary staff would definitely go down well, any legendary in fact. So far I've had 2 blue items (one bad staff, one trinket or similar), everything else has been grey/green items. Meanwhile my mate I was playing with last night got 4 legendaries in the space of 2 games - jammy sod!
I don't see Critical Mass listed as an available trait here - https://www.reddit.com/r/Vermintide/comments/82qru7/all_possible_item_properties_and_traits/. Is it something different I need?

Associate
I'm still enjoying Kerrilian, playing behind the main tank, using the spear to block, push, swipe and then headshot anything targetted. Its great when the tank attracts aggro well. I've had matches with the bosses running after me the whole time with everyone else trailing behind like a comedy sketch, and others where we finished it really quickly because the tanks managed it well.

Great game! All the characters are totally badass, there isnt one I dont like

Associate
OP
Ah lost connection with steam is a different matter. Yea I've had that when it's late and steam does it's usual maintenance. Chasing a boss that's chasing a kerrilian, oh god, yea I've been there. Especially when it's out running us and it's the spawn of chaos and I'm trying desperately to get in range for a charge if it grabs. Actually lately it's mostly been chasing a boss chasing a Sieana, i assume the fire damage helps keep their attention.

Associate
Ah lost connection with steam is a different matter. Yea I've had that when it's late and steam does it's usual maintenance. Chasing a boss that's chasing a kerrilian, oh god, yea I've been there. Especially when it's out running us and it's the spawn of chaos and I'm trying desperately to get in range for a charge if it grabs. Actually lately it's mostly been chasing a boss chasing a Sieana, i assume the fire damage helps keep their attention.

Yeah the spawns or rats can be tough when you are backed up against a wall.

Really good fun, dual wielding shade, elf standing back to back with a dwarf slayer going at it while sienna reaps fire and the zealot swings his flail around :D great apart from the net issues

Back
Top Bottom