• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What card are you currently rocking?

Soldato
Main rig is 3090FE which is still very good. Could do with 4090FE with some amazing games coming up which I been waiting for years on (BG3, Starfield etc) but expect the 3090 will still do a decent job. So will wait until 50 series I expect.

On my now relatively old desktop rig, triple GTX x 1080Tis. At time was doing modelling work so was useful, now days mostly browse on that PC so no real need to upgrade. In theory could downsize, but love the case and the way triple GPU's does look cool filling up motherboard.

Soldato
On my now relatively old desktop rig, triple GTX x 1080Tis. At time was doing modelling work so was useful, now days mostly browse on that PC so no real need to upgrade. In theory could downsize, but love the case and the way triple GPU's does look cool filling up motherboard.

I love it! What’s the rest of the specs?

Soldato
I love it! What’s the rest of the specs?

In that one 7980XE OC'd 64gb RAM and a 1600w AXI PSU. For that latter when I was into stressing system did see it hit that number nearly :D

So pretty old now in general, but as its mostly just browsing and some light games, it works well.

Soldato
In that one 7980XE OC'd 64gb RAM and a 1600w AXI PSU. For that latter when I was into stressing system did see it hit that number nearly :D

So pretty old now in general, but as its mostly just browsing and some light games, it works well.

That’s an epic specification, very nice system. Yes I think it should handle browsing quite easily haha.

Associate
Nitro 7900XTX, she's a beaut

1000000398-01.jpg
Love the build and the fans and the nitro!

Associate
OP
3090, day 1 release purchase. In September this card will be 3 years old! Spent it's entire life on water, hotspot and vram sits around 60c and core around 41-44c (depending on ambient) on gaming loads. Can't really fault it tbh, oh and no coil whine!

Wow! Very different, nice. Do you have pics of it in daylight?

Soldato
Very cool! One way to save on case fans! Lol

haha yeah, only need the 2 on the back of the case to cool the mobo VRM and the back of the gpu. System stays really cool, not heating issues like you can get with enclosed systems :D. Plus i really love the vertical stack layout, next case or frame will be the same i think.

Associate
OP
haha yeah, only need the 2 on the back of the case to cool the mobo VRM and the back of the gpu. System stays really cool, not heating issues like you can get with enclosed systems :D. Plus i really love the vertical stack layout, next case or frame will be the same i think.

And you've got a space heater for the winter! Sorted.

Soldato
And you've got a space heater for the winter! Sorted.

Winter is amazing, literally keep warm in the office with the radiator connected to the rig. Can easily achieve 21c in the office without the heating on lol.

In summer, i've been tempted to hang the radiator outside but im worried the neighbours will give me a funny look, like im some sort of mad scientist :cry:.

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Associate
OP
Winter is amazing, literally keep warm in the office with the radiator connected to the rig. Can easily achieve 21c in the office without the heating on lol.

In summer, i've been tempted to hang the radiator outside but im worried the neighbours will give me a funny look, like im some sort of mad scientist :cry:.

Lol. But the whole thing in the fridge. The cables will fit out the bottom.

Is dust an issue?

Back
Top Bottom