What film did you watch last night?

leon is amazing but what annoyed me about the film is frenchie is good in it but gary oldfield was outstanding :cool: yet frenchie often gets the limelight for the film

Gary Oldman!

And Jean Reno gets a lot of credit for this film because, frankly, it's one of his only decent films, whereas Gary Oldman has made truckloads of good films, so this doesn't hit so hard for him.

The Truman Show - 8/10.

Watched this film too many times and yet it's still great. Jim Carrey is brilliant as Truman Burbank and it's probably his best performance in a film along side his character in Eternal Sunshine.
Shame he's such an underrated actor.

Abraham Lincoln - Vampire Hunter. Decent enough fun film with some impressive CGI and quite a charming take on American history 7/10

IMDB readings seems that if you have read the book you wil hate the film but for me who hasnt it was a decent enough switch off brain film. Mary Winstead is in it aswell, although shes not quite the hotty from Die Hard 4.0.

Re-watched Lethal Weapon, still one of the best ever action/police drama films ever even today, Riggs attempted suicide scene (believe this was edited out every time it was shown on UK TV) is still fantastic and shows what an amazing actor Mel Gibson is plus the final fight scene between Gibson and Busey is still imo the best fight scene ever in a movie.

thanks been a while since I have seen this :cool:

will cue this up for tonight

Horribles Bosses

Good laughs, like all 3 of e main actors and the supporti cast were brilliant in each of their roles, Colin Farrell stole it for me though, weirdly the scene where he's at the store in the end credits is the best of the film.

8/10

True Grit

I'm pretty much sure the Coen Brother's **** diamonds. Anything by them I absolutely love, whilst it's not their best, it's still heads above most films in terms of writing. The young actress was brilliant.

9/10

Fantastic Four

No where near as bad as some comic book adaptions, they got so much of it right, the casting is great (Sue Storm/Jessica Alba aside), Chris Evans is the perfect Johnny Storm, such a shame he won't be back for the reboot. The Special Effects don't even feel dated and look better than a lot of modern day attempts. It's not the best comic film, not close, but it's not the disaster I recall it being. Ending is a bit of a let down if anything, there's no master plan, there's nothing inspired by Dooms goals. It's pretty shoddy in that sense. Its just that the story is pretty uneventful. Going to catch Number 2 when I can.

7/10

Last edited:
The Terminator. 10/10.

I've not seen this film for years. Finally got around to buying the blu-ray, and it's still just as awesome as I remember it, but now it looks awesome too! Seriously enjoyable film. Love it.

Oz, the Great and Powerful

7/10 - Solid fantasy adventure, bit like a live action (as live as any cgi fest can be anyway) Shrek film. Gets a +1 for Mila Kunis in tight leather trousers, at least up until the twist. Has a few laughs about it, but mainly one for the kids.

Skyline. 5/10 There where a couple of scenes where i actually Loled, i'm pretty sure that wasn't the reaction the directors where going for. :p

Hitman. 7.5/10 For a game/film cross over, i genuinley enjoyed it.

Skyline. 5/10 There where a couple of scenes where i actually Loled, i'm pretty sure that wasn't the reaction the directors where going for. :p

Same here it's a shocker. I generally enjoy anything remotely Sci-Fi, but I have my limits.. LOL.

I watched "THE MIST" a little while back and that's OK.. Has a 'B' Movie feel.. 7.5/10

Yeah watched Skyline as well last night, I would agree 5/10.

Just couldn't give a damn about any of the characters as there was zero characterisation and they did completely bizarre things and the ending was just meh.

Back
Top Bottom