What film did you watch last night?

Kill List - strange British crime/horror movie. Pretty good film all round well made with a good cast, it's very violent in places and no punches are pulled when it comes to showing it. However it left me scratching my head a little by the end unsure of what I'd just watched.

Still not really sure what to make of it...

8/10 (bonus point awarded because of MyAnna Buring and Emma Fryer, they made this a lot more watchable :D)

The East

This started out really well and had quite a bit of promise I thought, however things plummeted downhill from there. Third act was awful. On a positive note I think the cast did a half-decent job with some not so decent writing.

2/5

Point Break. Ok, but not as good as The Fast and the Furious.
Point Break is seminal man. No one's gonna remember the fast and the furious.

Patrick Swayze, Gary Busey and Keanu Reeves. Let's not forget Lori Anderson ( actually is that her name - she ended up playing tank girl ) . Classic.

Tonight I watched Frances Ha. Interesting. I like the way it's shot and the characters are interesting. 8/10

Point Break is seminal man. No one's gonna remember the fast and the furious.

I'd take that bet. Not that Point Break isn't influential, but that no one will remember The Fast and the Furious.

djferrick said:
Patrick Swayze, Gary Busey and Keanu Reeves. Let's not forget Lori Anderson ( actually is that her name - she ended up playing tank girl ) . Classic.

Lori Petty, but yeah. I found Vin Diesel more charismatic than Patrick Swayze, but maybe that was a result of the surfer dude thing. There was enough woah dude'ing just by virtue of Keanu being on screen :p

F&F is leaner. Point Break has surfing, parachuting and bank robberies. In F&F the robberies are done with driving, and the parachuting and surfing are replaced with driving. You have a single mode of action to deal with. The second half also makes a whole lot more sense than Point Break, particularly in terms of when Brian blows his cover compared to Utah losing his. The second half in general is much more streamlined. Losing the Jetta to Tran leads to the robbery leads to Vince getting shot leads to Brian blowing his cover leads to Brian trying to arrest Dominic leads to the drive by leads to Tran's death leads to Brian letting Dominic go. It is clean. Point Break isn't nearly as neat and tidy in the second half. As much as anything else, it doesn't really make any sense that they wouldn't kill him as soon as they know who he is.

Also, Jordana Brewster is orders of magnitude hotter than Lori Petty, which is of course the main issue at stake.

Back
Top Bottom