What film did you watch last night?

There's a 2013 film called Under the bed, saw a trailer for it yesterday and it actually looked quite good: Anyone else seen it? Slipped under the radar as I usually catch most horrors.

Going to have to watch it this week.

I've been watching some of the films from my backlog (Buckenheimer collection and random ones I've picked up cheap from blockbusters etc).

First up is Pearl Harbour.
Probably about a 5/10 overall.
If it had been a rating on the effects it would have been higher, but, yeah the story etc lets it down a lot.

Then there was Dream House, which was a competent horror with a twist I didn't quite see coming until reasonably well into it.
Probably about a 6/10

Followed by National Lampoons dirty movie, bought because it was very cheap, I'd recently enjoyed Animal House, and had fun watching the silly Christmas Vacation.
For a film that was meant to be basically a lot of jokes loosely tied together it wasn't exactly laugh your head off funny. I think I chuckled about twice, and smiled a couple more times.
3/10.

Next up as it's December and the time for turkeys, I've got KFZ: Kentucky Fried Zombies, bought in Poundland because the title made me want to see exactly how much of a bad B movie it is.
My first impression from seeing the trailers for other films on the disc is, what the hell have I let myself in for.

I'll report back with a rating in a day or two.

^ Agreed.
It's certainly not what most of us wanted it to be and doesn't really bear up to scrutiny, but it is a fairly fun ride for the most part.

Im no Superman fan, but this is a little harsh I think.

Its a decent blockbuster but with the following proviso's;

1) Zod deserved to be a better known actor (just felt too heavily weighted on one side with Crowe, Costner, Fishburne, Lane and even Schiff all (much) better known faces)

2) Thought childhood was skipped over too much, and I thougth this would have made an interesting 1st film (and leaving Zod on Earth to part II - it felt like Zod was barely in prison even though Im sure a speach mentioned years)

3) Product placement was too in your face (very minor but still annoyingly obvious), especially one or two "Nikon" moments close together.

BR was a blind buy, and I will no doubt watch it again once or twice - and I will be interested when II comes out, but original could have been better.

Will be interesting to see in the long term whether people prefer Reeve's original film(s) or these.

I don't think it's harsh at all :)

I enjoyed the film, but as I said, it doesn't bear up to scrutiny. A lot of it just makes no sense when you think about it.
There are many posts in several threads here that go into plenty of detail about these issues.

I maintain that it's a fun film with some really good stuff, but it isn't the Superman film that many of us were hoping for.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting perfection. Just a bit more thought.

It's certainly not another Prometheus at least ;)

Battleship
7/10

I love battleships so to see the battleship in action was nice, only genuine footage is obviously very old
Love the whole idea of it
Ott and cheesy, and the anchor thing.. Cool to see but Ott
Aliens were over weak, didn't assess the threat well, but it's a film which doesn't try to be real so not bothered by all thatthat
Characters.. The less said the better. Rihanna wasn't as bad as some cameos

Warships (my favourite ones) , aliens, blasting. And the blonde was rather nice which is enough to keep me entertained.

What held it back was it was a little too Ott and too American,

Pretty much achieved what it intended to do, much better than a fair few similar films

Last edited:
Working my way through Netflix/Lovefilm while off work and house training puppy. Over the last couple days I've watched

Red Riding Hood

2\10

Only watched this because Michael Shanks and Gary Oldman were in it. Pretty awful movie all round however.

Silent Hill

5/10

Felt the same way after the first one as I did this one. Like the art style and sound design but the story isn't exactly great. Sean Beans american accent was also pretty poor

The Lazarus Project

6/10

Went into this with no idea what to expect. Always enjoyed Paul Walker and thought this was a decent film. Enjoyable thriller.

Planet Terror

8/10

Really enjoyed this. Never saw it before because I didn't like Death Proof. Pretty funny movie and definitely one I'm gonna watch again.

Back
Top Bottom