What film did you watch last night?

Tyrannosaur 7.5/10. Grim but compelling, no doubt the action junkies would find it a total snooze fest, which is a damn shame as it's well worth watching if you've a mind to watch something a little different once in awhile.

Punisher:War Zone. Basically it cropped up on my Netflix recommendations and I was bored.

Very little in the way of plot and what little there is could be written on a beer mat, but lots of stuff got blown up! It was pretty as rubbish as I expected it to be.

2/10 (7/10 if watching drunk out of your skull)

Today's viewings

The Traveller

4/10

Another pick based on the cast this time its Val Kilmer and Paul McGillon (I'll watch just about anything with a former Stargate SG1/Atlantis cast member in it). Supernatural revenge thriller that's just standard kilmer fare these days really.

Painkiller Jane

5/10

Felt like a slightly higher budget syfy original movie. Its at this point I wonder why I'm so intent on watching all these films that I just now are gonna be terrible....

The Numbers Station

5/10

Fairly standard agent gets reassigned to quiet job and all hell breaks loose. Not sure how much I really buy Cusack in the killer agent role. Probably because I always think of him as the guy from High Fidelity.

House at the end of the Street

8/10

I do have a soft spot for Jennifer Lawrence and really enjoyed this movie. Although might be a lower score with another lead if I'm being honest. I also quite like Max Thieriot in this. Certainly a solid evening watch I felt.

SWAT Firefight

7/10

I was a fan of the first one and with a sequel starring Robert Patrick as the villain I think you always know what to expect. However I felt this was a lot better than it really should have been.

Gravity.

Bias is contained in the following post as Sandra Bullock is my fave woman in the whole World. :D

I loved this film so much I watched it twice, the first time to take in the story & the second time to relax into the vistas. Awesome movie for me in every single way. :cool:

Gravity - Good film I would give it 8/10 for its visual's, storyline, but there are some elements that annoyed me a little about the film, but it didn't spoil it.

I did keep getting that "whats going to happen" feeling, quite a grippy movie

Last edited:
After Earth. I thought Oblivion was bad this was even worse. Why are these people not using projectile weapons. Biggest load of rubbish and young Smith cannot act.

If I have to I would rate it 1/10. The only reason it didn't get turned off as a waste of time is that I am at work and so being paid makes it feel like I am not totally wasting my time.

I watched Womb last night, still not entirely sure what I made of it. Eva Green was very good as usual but Matt Smith seemed to be playing a slightly darker doctor who which was a bit disappointing. The film made me feel very uncomfortable at times but it was an interesting watch. I would recommend watching it but probably not with your mum :eek:

Fight Club on blu-Ray and got totally caught out by the joke by Fincher when it loaded, still a great film, was so ahead of its time.

The Road - I think this was my friend getting revenge for my choice of Taxi last week. Found the kid really irritating, excruciatingly so. 3/10

Next week I think we shall be going back to one of the Zatoichi films, something we both enjoy.

Total Recall (2012) - The first half was decent, but the second half was really poor. Too many plot holes and ridiculous scenes. 4/10

Looper - I enjoyed it. Good story, good acting, good ending. 7/10

The Iceman - Film about mob hitman/mass murderer Richard Kuklinski. Boy, he was a scary man! Pretty good in all departments really. 7/10

Back
Top Bottom