What film did you watch last night?

Watched a animated film called "Epic" last night, really did not think I could get into such a thing but in the end I really enjoyed it. Kind of reminds me of my youth when I went to watch Ants at the Cinema (very long time ago) ;)

Tron Legacy - 7/10

It was alright, actually. Not a classic, but filled a lazy afternoon.

The original is much better though.

Fight Club on blu-Ray and got totally caught out by the joke by Fincher when it loaded, still a great film, was so ahead of its time.

Even though I knew something was supposed to happen, I was still like WTF!?! :o:D

Watched the Bourne legacy and I just don't see the point of the film it brings nothing new to the series, doesn't flesh out the story and doesn't do anything new. Its really hard to give it a score its not a bad film just utterly pointless.

I like how it is set at the same time as Ultimatum. It's almost like they new it would fail and if it did, they could just forget about it and bring back Jason Bourne...

Frozen

Great Disney film, had a 90s Disney feel to it with great music (same guy that did Book of Mormon i think!) - solid cast, good characters - overall, very enjoyable.

8/10

Hanna

Drivel, with pretensions not justified by the unoriginal generic script (seriously, how many secret super soldier films have there been?), show-off editing, and another phoned-in "oh look I'm evil" performance from Cate Blanchett. Eric Bana was OK (and wasted), and Saoirse Ronan appeared to be acting in a different (and much better) film than everyone else.

Stardust 8/10

Decent mix of fantasy elements and entertainment. If you liked Cloud Atlas I think you would also like this.

Assault on wall street 7/10

Good film with some thought provoking bits and decent action.

House at the end of the street 7.5/10

Jennifer lawrence is awesome.

White House down 3/10

This is a generous score to be honest. This felt like it was trying to be a comedy and serious film all at once and failing at both. Olympus has fallen was much better.

Man of Steel.

4/10.. Just getting sick and tired of these heavy cgi, smashing up buildings with big robot type movies. Seen it all a million times over. Just yawn.

The original Superman from the 70's / 80's were much better. Concentrated on a story line rather than non-stop special effects to distract the viewer an actual story line !

Also remembering that i enjoyed the superman movies as a child, i rented this BD so that my two boys could watch with my wife and I. 1st one lost interest after 15mins and the other made it thru 80% of the movie before making an excuse to go to the bathroom and not returning.

So even with all that cgi, you're not fooling anyone Hollywood.

Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy 6/10

I can't help but think I am too old for this film now at 32, some bits really made me laugh, but most of the jokes didn't even raise a smile. At least I can say I have seen it now. :o

Frozen 8/10

Great Disney family film, a little heavy on songs (but they were enjoyable parts), the kids loved it, not quite as good as Tangled for me, but I really enjoyed it.

Saw a Korean film called Breathless (2008) last night and still have a bit left to go (started before bed) – It’s pretty brilliant so far. So much cussing though but the story develops at a steady pace and the acting is also convincing.

It’s subtitled of course but easy to keep track with.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower - 9/10

A little gem, the film really got to me and that is something that I really appreciate and haven't had in a while. Highly rated.

Back
Top Bottom