What film did you watch last night?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Just got back from seeing Gravity.

Sandra Bullock was brilliant in it I think despite what we've come to expect to see her in roles wise. An unexpected surprise. The trailer makes you think she's a screaming mess in the movie but given the situations her character goes through you can empathise completely and she pulls through a strong role.

Clooney provides the humour of course and now I want to be an Astronaut again :p

The visuals and sound were stunning through the entire movie. Super work and something you won't see in any other movie, really quite unique.

9/10 easily. Would probably be a 10 but we didn't see it IMAX unfortunately due to no showings but 3D non IMAX was still superb :)

Soldato
Desolation of Smaug - 7.5 / 10

Enjoyed it, being a huge LOTR fan I was always going to, but I did feel the story was a little jumpy from scene to scene and didn't flow very smoothly.

Permabanned
Just got back from seeing Gravity.

Sandra Bullock was brilliant in it I think despite what we've come to expect to see her in roles wise. An unexpected surprise. The trailer makes you think she's a screaming mess in the movie but given the situations her character goes through you can empathise completely and she pulls through a strong role.

Clooney provides the humour of course and now I want to be an Astronaut again :p

The visuals and sound were stunning through the entire movie. Super work and something you won't see in any other movie, really quite unique.

9/10 easily. Would probably be a 10 but we didn't see it IMAX unfortunately due to no showings but 3D non IMAX was still superb :)

Are you for real?

The gravity I saw was worth no more than 2/10.....Absolute pants

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
You and a couple of others are on your own there then. As much as everyone has their own opinion, asking people if they are "real" because you disagree because opinions differ is a bit of a slant if you ask me.

Soldato
Are you for real?

The gravity I saw was worth no more than 2/10.....Absolute pants
Perhaps you saw the wrong movie then. I'm sure the general consensus on here is that it is quite good. I thoroughly enjoyed it, IMDB has it at 8.4 (191,000 users), and Rotton Tomatoes at 86% (173,000 users). That would seem to suggest that whilst you're welcome to your own opinion on whether you liked the film or not, you may not be correct when it comes to judging whether it is actually a good film or not.

Watched Jack Reacher. Didn't know what the expect with this (hadn't seen any trailers) but I enjoyed it. Decent story, decent acting, and the film flowed at a steady pace. The action scenes were good, and the end was mildly satisfying. 7/10

Soldato
Was a bit bored last night so started watching The Road again. True to the book, it's a bit grim. Well made and put together well. Just a very desolate storyline. 7/10

Associate
The Hobbit - Desolation of Smaug. 6.5/10.

My eyes feel like they're going to fall out of their sockets through the sheer number of special effects going on on-screen. Feel a bit knackered by the whole thing.
Film was alright, seemed to be one set piece after another though.

Smaug did look awesome though it has to be said.

I agree ;) It was a great film just like the first one. 8/10 I just hope the conclusion is just as epic...

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Don Jon.

At first I was like 9/10 Scarlett Johansson :cool:
But then I was like 2/10 Scarlett Johansson :mad:

I still don't understand exactly what the point of the film is though.

Soldato
2 Guns - 5/10

I'm a big fan of Denzel Washington, not so much of Mark Wahlberg (his brother is a better actor IMO) so wasn't sure what to expect.

Not very much as it so happens. Very predictable film (I guessed the outcome not far into the film). Denzel's character was a little grating at times and Wahlberg just annoyed me the whole way through.

I would say a little bit of a turn your brain off film but there were some twists to the storyline that I didn't expect, although you will probably find, like I did, the end is of no surprise.

Worth a watch, but only if you've not got anything better!

Back
Top Bottom