What film did you watch last night?

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Nude nuns with big guns - 5/10. Yes it was as ridiculous as it sounds, in my defence it was late, on the horror channel, & i couldn't be arsed to channel surf for something better. :D

Associate
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues.

Juvenile humour, stupid jokes, random set pieces. Exactly why I loved the first. If you didn't like the first one then give it a miss :)

Gave me and the other half plenty of laughs!

7/10

Soldato
The Worlds End 2/10

Sack of boring crap.

Riddick 6/10

I did enjoy it but still not a touch on Pitch Black, Felt sorry for the dog type animal more than anything really!

Associate
Jurassic Park 3D ... The 3D treatment on this, plus the overall quality of the new Blu Ray transfer make this a stunning watch. Apart from a few annoying bits with the kids ("I know this, its Unix" :o ) and Laura Derns acting at times, it is a classic. The dino effects, which have not been touched-up stand the test of time... hard to believe its 20 years old.

9/10

Soldato
We're the Millers

I'm going for a 10/10 as I can't fault it. Jennifer Aniston and Emma Roberts definitely made it! :D But it was very funny film, I enjoyed watching it as a light hearted bit of entertainment.

Soldato
Drift. Sam Worthington is a supporting actor. Two leads are unknown .... to me anyway.

It's a good movie about surfing history in Ozztrahlya in the 70's. There's a bit of adversity but it never overshadows the generally uninterrupted stream of success this movie's about. Plenty of cracking surf action as well.

7/10 - def worth a look.

Soldato
Lovelace
The true story of Linda Lovelace, star of the the legendary 70's pron flick 'Deep Throat'.

Not sure quite how true to life it was, as these things rarely are. But I did enjoy the story and acting. Top job all round.

Halfway through the film I thought wait, isn't this supposed to be a story about how awful things were for her? Then it switched and showed you other side. Worked well.
Though the actress playing Linda did a brilliant job, I feel she was perhaps slightly miscast in favour of portraying the 'beautiful innocent flower'.

7.5/10 from me. It's not Boogie Nights, but what is?

I then watched the original 70's pron flick to see what all the fuss was about as I've somehow never seen it.
I honestly can't believe pron was ever this awful... Apart from the doctor, who was hilarious, it was like they got random guys in off the street and told them go for it.

2/10, would not fap to.

Soldato
Hmm where to start. Fancied watching a film but had already watched the main ones I was interested in. So went trawling through recent catalogue.

Only god forgives. - well managed a whole 20 mins of this before I switched off. Lost for words. What utter carp. I'm all for a bit of cinematic art but this doesn't qualify. 0-10

Great gatsby. Not sure why I put this on. Not a fan of baz luhrrmann, this just highlighted why that was. Managed 35 mins. 2-10

After the above atrossaties. I thought I'd play safe. 2 guns. I'll go out on a limb and say it it may be passed over come oscar time. But watchable all the same. At least I managed to watch it all. 6-10.

Associate
Man of Steel 3D. 8/10

I thought it started well, then the story seemed to just become very weak and I thought it was going to be a letdown. Then the battles, effects and whatnot blew me away for a strong 30ish final minutes.

Louis Lane did seem utterly pointless to me and finding her (a reporter!) in the plane cockpit towards the end really irritated for some reason lol

Back
Top Bottom