What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
I really think Pitch Black was an absolute one off. They should have left it at that.

Eh? Chronicles of Riddick was amazing IMO. Haven't seen the new one yet but overall heard good reports.

PB was more your Alien style (i.e. what you don't see is the scarey part) but I think the Riddick universe could be quite an interesting one given what we have so far from the four films.

Commissario
I watched a couple of films over the last few days.

First up was 'Sample people' which was a low budget Aussie film in the same sort of theme as 'Go', but with Kylie as the big name rather than Katie Holmes etc.
I'd give it about 4/10, it was reasonably interesting but below par.

I also watched '2001' (picked up the Kubrick Blu-ray collection from Amazon cheap), which I think possibly needs several rating.
Cinematography/SFX/Story would probably be about an 8/10 or 9/10.
Pacing about a 5/10, it seemed to be very slow...
Yet oddly I cannot really think of anything that could be cut much, without affecting the film overall.

Tonight I may put on Ron Burgendy as it's been years since I saw it last.

Permabanned
Eh? Chronicles of Riddick was amazing IMO. Haven't seen the new one yet but overall heard good reports.

PB was more your Alien style (i.e. what you don't see is the scarey part) but I think the Riddick universe could be quite an interesting one given what we have so far from the four films.

I agree..pitch black was good..but Chronicles was better in both scale and vision. The third one is more a pitch black interlude to what may be another Chronicles led story arc...

Soldato
Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy.

I have never understood what was so funny about this film but in the interest of being fair, and just in case I fancied seeing the sequel, I recorded it on BBC 3 last night.

I still don't get it. There are some amusing moments, I am a fan of Paul Rudd, but for the life of me I can't see it being more than a 3/10. Half way through and I've had enough.

I'll give the sequel a go when it becomes available for home viewing on the off chance it's a better film.

Soldato

I have never understood what was so funny about this film but in the interest of being fair, and just in case I fancied seeing the sequel, I recorded it on BBC 3 last night.

I still don't get it. There are some amusing moments, I am a fan of Paul Rudd, but for the life of me I can't see it being more than a 3/10. Half way through and I've had enough.

I'll give the sequel a go when it becomes available for home viewing on the off chance it's a better film.

Have to agree. I also watched it (again) the other night and still don't think it's anywhere near as funny as some people seem to think. Horses for courses and all that ...

Soldato
Out of the Furnace.

A lot of big names acting well enough I suppose. Christian Bale, Woody Harrelson, Willem Dafoe, Casey Affleck, Forest Whittaker. Still it was a bit of a slow burner and I found it hard to care about the characters.

Worth a watch but not a re-watch - 7/10 at best

Soldato

Yeah I got very bored of it, some laughs but like you say certainly isn't as funny as some people are saying :confused:

Soldato
Enemy of the State

Not watched it in aaages!!, Forgot it was a Christmas Movie!, Well it's as Christmassy as Die Hard as it's based at Christmas!! :D

One of Bruckheimers better movies!, I think mainly as it's under the direction of Tony Scot!, Some good action, Smith is on form! and Hackman is great as the Grumpy Old geeza!!.. :)

8.5/10

Associate
Out of the Furnace.

A lot of big names acting well enough I suppose. Christian Bale, Woody Harrelson, Willem Dafoe, Casey Affleck, Forest Whittaker. Still it was a bit of a slow burner and I found it hard to care about the characters.

Worth a watch but not a re-watch - 7/10 at best

Watched this last night too, your words sum it up well. 7/10 probably a bit high tbh

Man of Honour
Bit of a film day

Europa report 7/10
Upside down 8/10
Flight of the pheonix (2004) 7/10
Zero dark thirty 7/10

Trying to decide if I'll stay awake if i start watching Devil's Pass

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom