What film did you watch last night?

Police Academy 1 and 2 - Forgot how awesomely funny these movies were. Laughed so hard watching them last night. Both get a massive 10/10 from me! :D

So glad I got the boxset during the last Black Friday deals from Amazon. Will be watching 3 and 4 tonight and hope to complete the boxset before the year is out!

Hmm where to start. Fancied watching a film but had already watched the main ones I was interested in. So went trawling through recent catalogue.

Only god forgives. - well managed a whole 20 mins of this before I switched off. Lost for words. What utter carp. I'm all for a bit of cinematic art but this doesn't qualify. 0-10

Great gatsby. Not sure why I put this on. Not a fan of baz luhrrmann, this just highlighted why that was. Managed 35 mins. 2-10

After the above atrossaties. I thought I'd play safe. 2 guns. I'll go out on a limb and say it it may be passed over come oscar time. But watchable all the same. At least I managed to watch it all. 6-10.

haha on Only God Forgives, me and my friend turned off after 25 minutes! Just utter rubbish, what was he thinking?!

Apparently a fourth one is in the works!

I hope not. They've already achieved the impossible by making a trilogy of brilliant films. I defy anyone to name me a better, more consistently brilliant trilogy. But has there ever been four films in a series that are even all good? I can't think of any. It's invariably diminishing returns with any sequels, even just one. There's exceptions (T2 and Aliens are as good as their predecessors, Indy 3 is better than Indy 2) but generally it's just all downhill. They'd really be pushing their luck to go for 4. It'd be a massive shame to tarnish the series with a weak sequel.

RocknRolla 6/10. It felt kinda half finished, i mean it's obviously a Guy Richie movie but it just came across almost watered down, bit dissapointing tbh.

Tonight's offering was The Life Of David Gale. It was compelling enough I suppose. As the conclusions drew near it wasn't hard to see where it was going.

Sometimes Kevin Spacey was just a bit too hammy for me. Like I don't see the character I see Kevin Spacey pretending to be someone else.

6/10

Back
Top Bottom