What film did you watch last night?

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
The Trials of Muhammed Ali - Was epic, emotional, brilliant & sad all rolled in to one film.
Prob have to be of a certain age to appreciate it though.

10/10 for me.

Soldato
Same, much preferred over the old Spidermen, looking forward to the second come Easter.

8/10

I seem to be in the minority that disagree here, i thought the toby ones were better, bit of humour as should be with spiderman but still some action.

Found the new one annoying, i sadly think its because i cant stand that kids face, he looks like the bad guy from shooter to me, just annoys me lol.

Caporegime
The first 2 were acceptable, the third is Matrix Revolutions level bad.

The actions scenes were much improved in this (expected as technology has moved on in the past decade), Emma Stone > Dunst as a love interest, and I thought there was a decent amount of humour.

Associate
Captain America, the Winter soldier: 8/10

Much much better than the original captain america, benefited greatly from a more grown up plot, felt a lot less comic book film and more like a episode of homeland.

Soldato
Philomena
Heard good things about this film, and i wasn't disappointed. An interesting story; sometimes funny and sometimes sad. Really good performances from the cast.
8/10

Soldato
Was all over the place watching Philomena. Tear jerker or what! (It could actually be me being massively soppy!)

Not just you. I watched this last night and found it difficult. Great film though, and superbly well acted all round. Reminded me quite a bit of how I felt after watching Dear Zachary.

Also watched The Secret Life of Walter Mitty last week too, which I really enjoyed. Not too serious, a good pace and inventive. Certainly heart warming stuff.

Soldato
I got that impression so this pleases me :D Hanks though. He was like :rolleyes: :( :eek: :) in the space of a few minutes. I wonder just where actors dig sometimes to find those emotions.

See you must have watched the wrong film man, he conveys no such emotion and clearly has no acting chops. Surely you are confusing him with the girl from hunger games? Shes the oscar winner right? :o

Soldato
By the way, in no way meant to derail the thread but i have never been into comics and am just rewatching amazing spiderman after the comments.

Can someone fill me in on why the bad guys cant just go get bitten by a spider like peter did to get the powers? Is this covered in the comic at all?

Associate
Because of the recent talk about Unbreakable, I just had to dig out my copy last night.

Just fantastic from start to finish. A truly original hero origin film. 10/10.

Soldato
Locke

This was at a preview showing, the actual film doesn't come out until the 18th.

A very odd concept. At the start, he gets into a car, and he doesn't get out throughout the rest of the film. No other shots, apart from his in the car, and the roads in which he was driving on. The imagery was outstanding, as that is all you have.

It felt quite limiting to me, being only in a car. But I feel that that combated it well but, then again, why are they limiting themselves in this way?

The plot was simple yet solid, and it really did keep you engross, I never felt like I was bored, even though the set doesn't really change. Olivia Coleman played quite a big role, even though you never actually got to see her! The acting was very good on the part of Hardy and the voice acting of his son in particular was very good near the end.

If you like these strange, almost Coen brother like films, then go and see it. If you are one who hates the Coen brother format, then keep away!

7/10

Old scoring system

The Double

Richard Ayoade's second film, with much interest given the success of Submarine.

I liked it. The format was very odd, and a few bits took a little to fully comprehend.
Eisenburg was superb, but I think that Mia Wasikowska was a little wasted on her part, even though she essentially the second most dominant character.
(I'm counting Simon and James as the same character as they're both played by Eisenburg)

An interesting style of filmmaking, it seemed very detached, which was definitely Ayoade's incentive.

8/10

Old scoring system

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Ride Along
Better than I expected it to be. Plenty of humour "You wanna whip me cause I got shot?!?!!" :D
Predictable story, done to death so 6/10 but 8/10 for luls throughout.

Caporegime
I watched Noah.

6/10.

Good film in the term of the flood, and how it came about. Some of the story was just silly, but it's worth a watch.

Saw this last Thursday. Thoroughly enjoyed it! I rate Noah at 26.64 on the Haglee Scale, which works out as a solid 8/10 on IMDB.

For those wondering if 'Noah' is worth watching, I can tell you one performance makes it worthwhile: Ray Winstone plays Tubal-Cain, hamming up his role with such enthusiasm that in some scenes it is more accurate to say Tubal-Cain is playing Ray Winstone.

:D

Back
Top Bottom