What film did you watch last night?

V F

V F

Soldato
As an added note, if anybody knows any films like best of the best, or the old action films where one guy just takes on loads of bads like the slew of jet li movies we had 'kiss of the dragon' etc then let me know please. Havent had a good action hero kind of film in ages.

The late 80s early 90s were such a good time for those. Look how dire it is all now. Reboot a reboot.

Look how you rarely see good martial arts in another way like the early 00s of Jason Statham.

Soldato
The late 80s early 90s were such a good time for those. Look how dire it is all now. Reboot a reboot.

Look how you rarely see good martial arts in another way like the early 00s of Jason Statham.

Aye, i need more van damme movies with the repeated shots of him elbowing someone in the face lol :)

Soldato
Tom cruise a bad actor? I have a friend who thinks that, and I just don't get it. What about jerry maguire? What about born on the fourth of July? What about RAIN MAN?!?

Yeah, he played well in those, but like already stated, he just plays the same person. I get fed up with his mannerisms and facial expressions. When I watched Oblivion I actually predicted his mannerisms and reactions to most of the situations. Maybe it's just his face, I don't like it :D Top Gun was great though (not for him, but just for being a classic movie).

Caporegime
Never Let Me Go. It was very good, but quite unsettling. It's a fairly minimalist dystopian sci fi drama, with a bit of romance for good measure, about a society in which an underclass of children are... grown? cloned? for use as organ donors for the wider population. It stars Carey Mulligan, Andrew Garfield and Keira Knightley. I didn't enjoy it, as such, but it was a very good film.

Man of Honour
Downfall
subtitled

The fall of Berlin and Hitlers last stand.

We think of D-Day and the western push that ended the war but it was the relentless assault of the Russian Red Army on the Eastern front that ended Nazi Germany. It was interesting to see how one man, with no economic or political knowledge had so much power of over his people, yet even his own comrades turned against him in the end. He admired Starlin's approach.

Very moving

8/10

Soldato
Last night me and a friend watched a movie called The Machine. My friend had invested in it. Its a low budget brit scifi flick and stars Caity Lotz who plays Black Canary in Arrow(With a little nakedness ;)). Yes its pretty dodgy in some areas and the dialogue is poor in a few spots but worth watching for a movie with decent (At times) special effects with a budget of "only" £600,000 its not too bad.

6/10 but only because of the low budget and a couple of dodgy bits.

Associate
Looper - 7/10

Enjoyed it thoroughly but the last 30 minutes went a bit off the wall.

Quarantine 2 - 3/10

Unintentionally funny but awful.

The Raid - 8.5/10

Awesome. Loved it. Would highly recommend to anyone that enjoys action films.

Soldato
Last night me and a friend watched a movie called The Machine. My friend had invested in it. Its a low budget brit scifi flick and stars Caity Lotz who plays Black Canary in Arrow(With a little nakedness ;)). Yes its pretty dodgy in some areas and the dialogue is poor in a few spots but worth watching for a movie with decent (At times) special effects with a budget of "only" £600,000 its not too bad.

6/10 but only because of the low budget and a couple of dodgy bits.

Ed-Zactly, watch it with your eyes wide open and a full expectation of a Mid 2000 SciFi channel production and it is a pretty good attempt, it is in much the same vein as the "A for Andromeda" remake.

Associate
Downfall
subtitled

The fall of Berlin and Hitlers last stand.

We think of D-Day and the western push that ended the war but it was the relentless assault of the Russian Red Army on the Eastern front that ended Nazi Germany. It was interesting to see how one man, with no economic or political knowledge had so much power of over his people, yet even his own comrades turned against him in the end. He admired Starlin's approach.

Very moving

8/10

I suggest you now watch the 'General Bulmer' dubbing on youtube

Back
Top Bottom