What film did you watch last night?

V F

V F

Soldato
Meet Joe Black.

I think I watched it 15 years ago and thought it was ok. Just sat through it again and thought it was awful.

Claire Forlani hammed it up far too much, it would have aged better if it wasn't for the perpetually surprised and tearful little miss.
There are some really good scenes in there with Brad and Anthony too.

Pfft, thats still a great film.

Drew: And who would've thought... you, an IRS agent.
Joe Black: Death and Taxes.

Lovely soundtrack as well.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I have just seen NOAH at the cinema and it is one of the funniest movies I have seen for a long time.Its so bad it's comical.

It's utterly dreadful... 1/10

Want stone transformer monsters who are angels? Santa Claus with a tinge of captain Birdseye drunk like Oliver Reed ?Then NOAH IS THE MOVIE FOR YOU!!!!!

Associate
Went to see Captain America: Winter Soldier.

Was soooooo good. Scenes were great, packed with action and even the other half was gripping me at some of the tense moments.

10/10

Soldato
Oblivion

Meh film, and I don't particularly like Tom Cruise, what a shabby actor. I thought the film had potential to be much better. It was just a but poo really.

4/10
Tom cruise a bad actor? I have a friend who thinks that, and I just don't get it. What about jerry maguire? What about born on the fourth of July? What about RAIN MAN?!?

Soldato
And he's gonna do it again in his new film (of which the name escapes me!)

Though much better than the Arrogant **** he used to play (Top Bum, Day's of Chunder) I really despised him back then!!

Soldato
And he's gonna do it again in his new film (of which the name escapes me!)

Though much better than the Arrogant **** he used to play (Top Bum, Day's of Chunder) I really despised him back then!!
Rain Man and Legend were both within a few years of Top Gun (although Top Gun is one of my guilty pleasures :p) and they were both great films (especially the former). In the last 20 years he has sort of played very similar roles, but there have been some real goodun's in there, i.e Minority Report and M.I. 1, Jerry Maguire, Magnolia and The Firm.

Obviously it's all personal opinion, but generally his performances in these are seen as pretty good!

I think it's criminal to call him a bad actor. Limited slightly by what he can play, but by no means bad.

Soldato
I think tom cruise is a good actor, was at least about to be in films that actually had decent plots/acting rather than cgi only which dominates the cinema these days.

Anyway last night i dug out my copy of Best of the Best, only of my all time favourite movies. Now i feel like i cant give 10/10 as there are no doubt better films out there with better stories and such, but i love this film so am giving it no lower than 9/10.

As an added note, if anybody knows any films like best of the best, or the old action films where one guy just takes on loads of bads like the slew of jet li movies we had 'kiss of the dragon' etc then let me know please. Havent had a good action hero kind of film in ages.

Back
Top Bottom