What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
L.A. Confidential - 8/10. Have never got round to watching this despite wanting to for quite a few years. Great cast and storyline. Light on the action until the end but really has deep in the ploy and not knowing who'll live or die. Very good cast too.

Soldato
Had a couple of flights recently, so watched quite a lot of films.

Frozen:
Very funny when it's funny, a bit dull when it isn't. Worth watching just for the Swedish shopkeeper though.

Ironman 3:
Very good. I think the Ironman films have worked amongst the best of the Marvel films because of all the wise cracking.

Thor, Dark World:
Watchable, but not close to Ironman 3.

American Beauty:
Can't believe I've never seen this before. Great film, and an unexpectedly beautiful ending.

Wolf of Wall Street:
Amusing in parts, mostly enjoyable. But overly long, and left me with an uneasy feeling that I'd just validated (and given money to) an absolute git of a man.

Associate
Generation Iron

Documentary about the bodybuilders who are competing for Mr Olympia. Not particularly into bodybuilding myself but wasnt that bad as it didnt just focus on the dothey/dont they usual steroid question which gets covered but doesnt dominate the film. Its more about the background of the people and as some say if it was as simple as just taking steroids then anyone could do it.

Narrated by Mickey Rourke and Arnie shows up in it now and again but I think the IMDB rating is a bit generous so Ill give it a not bad out of watchable.

Soldato
Incidentally, American Beauty and Wolf of Wall Street are both quite embarrassing to watch on a plane, as quite a lot of visual rudeness occurs. Having your dinner served while Kevin Spacey plays with himself on screen is a little awkward.

Soldato
Insidious II

Must watch alone, late at night and in the dark. I love getting creeped out and scared by movies, and this one did that well. Also, watch Insidious, the first film too if this is your thing. Another creepy movie.

Soldato
Incidentally, American Beauty and Wolf of Wall Street are both quite embarrassing to watch on a plane, as quite a lot of visual rudeness occurs. Having your dinner served while Kevin Spacey plays with himself on screen is a little awkward.

That's where I was greatly amused that the opening scene to Wolf involved Leo blowing coke up a hooker ass... sitting watching with sister in law and mother in law and wife...

Anyway,
last night watched
Mud

6/10 a modern Stand by Me style film, quite good from all in it, just an overall scene of lost America in the portrayal of the river and town, that place really is representative of half of the states, barely better than third world.

Don
The Raid 2 - 9/10

Wow, absolutely top notch, didn't think you could top the first for action and with a much tighter story added to it, it's superb. The final showdown from the car chase on is just something else.

Raid 3 confirmed...

Soldato
Watched Frankenstein's Army on sky movies.

0/10. What a complete load of ******* ********.

Don't waste your time.

Absolutely terrible film. I think they went for the so bad it's good effect but failed miserably. I am still not sure how I made it all the way through. If I had pirated that film I'd have sued the makers for the cost of my bandwidth back.

Caporegime
Non Stop 7.5/10

Liam Neeson has a very particular set of skills; skills he has acquired over a very long career as a US air marshall.

Maybe it was the cinema, the best i've been in so far in Sweden (huge.....screen...) combined with a very comfortable, ample leg room, seat but i didn't lose concentration with the film and to me that made it a quite amusingly ridiculous, but watchable, post 9/11 fear induced, action flick.

It cheesy, its ridiculous, i liked it.

Don
Tremors

This film remains in my top 10,haven't seen it for a while. This is a perfect comedy/horror film. Great direction and camera work, solid characters and recurring jokes. Everyone should have this in their collection. 6.6/10

--

Speed

Great 90s action film, not too cheesy and isn't packed with forced one liners like modern action films tend to have in them. A few unexpected mini twists along the way. Only daft part is 'that' jump. Even as a young teen I questioned this bit :p. Great fun to watch it again, Dennis Hopper is great bad guy. 6/10

Back
Top Bottom