What film did you watch last night?

Don
Tremors is excellent. I've never watched any of the sequels though, are they any good?

They are complete B movies compared to the original, the second one is almost passable as a Channel 5 film.

I've seen them all and they are pretty dross. They are an embarrassment to the original.

I believe there was also a TV series after the 4th movie came out. I dread to think how poor it must be :)

-edit, OMG; Dean Norris (Hank from Breaking Bad) is in the Tremors TV series, poor guy

Last edited:
Soldato
I believe there was also a TV series after the 4th movie came out. I dread to think how poor it must be :)

-edit, OMG; Dean Norris (Hank from Breaking Bad) is in the Tremors TV series, poor guy

They're sooooo bad they made the 3rd & 4th films look like academy award winners! I'm a huge Tremors fan so forced myself to watch them and I had to force myself to finish the run.

Permabanned
They are complete B movies compared to the original, the second one is almost passable as a Channel 5 film.

I've seen them all and they are pretty dross. They are an embarrassment to the original.

Tremors is a B movie....the rest are turd.

Watched Django Unchained again tonight....gotta love a bit of Tarantino.

Caporegime
Saturn 3. Not bad at all, 5 - 5.5 /10.

I thought Keitel's voice acting was well done. Kirk Douglas, for me, was a odd choice for this film, but delivered a good performance nonetheless. Maybe it was just that I didn't expect to him in a film of this type.

The atmosphere created by the corridor design / lighting was pretty good for its time.

Soldato
500 Days of Summer for me last night. Love that film - an essential for any fan of The Smiths/Belle and Sebastian/Regina Spektor!

i have sat on the bench (in the park overlooking the back of downtown LA)they used in that film :) also popped a look in the bradbury building (when he is waiting for interview at the end - but i was there cos its in blade runner too!)

Associate
Watched The Knowing last night. It was on Film4.

Its a silly movie but I enjoyed it. The CGI wasn't even that bad. The Plane crash halfway through was pretty intense.
I particularly enjoyed this disaster movie because:

Compared to other disaster films where a large portion of people survive, Everyone (apart from a few boring children) dies at the end and the Earth is completely obliterated.

Soldato
Watched The Knowing last night. It was on Film4.

Its a silly movie but I enjoyed it. The CGI wasn't even that bad. The Plane crash halfway through was pretty intense.
I particularly enjoyed this disaster movie because:

Compared to other disaster films where a large portion of people survive, Everyone (apart from a few boring children) dies at the end and the Earth is completely obliterated.

That's what I liked about it!!!..

No Hollywood happy ending!!

Soldato
The Goonies on bluray and then The Goonies on channel 5+24hrs

I fell asleep but apparently it was uncut version, is it just the octopus that is cut from most versions, always wondered why Data talked about an octopus at the end of the film ( I always presumed it was just his imagination running wild, which I also guess is why they decided to keep that scene in the cut version)

Back
Top Bottom