What film did you watch last night?

Man of Honour
Cellular

A young man receives an emergency phone call on his cell phone from an older woman. The catch? The woman claims to have been kidnapped; and the kidnappers have targeted her husband and child next.

It's not going to set the world on fire, but it's a decent enough time waster.
6/10

Caporegime
Lone survivor 8/10

Navy seals recon team in Afghan get ambushed on a bungled mission and try to get out alive. apparently based on true events.. Bit of a more modern "Black hawk down" film against all odds with a rescue attempt.. etc etc a good formula for this kind of film.

Its pretty good, graphic and i winced plenty of times.... gets a bit Call of duty in places but maybe the US military is really just that weird....

BASED on real events... but seriously juiced up for a pretty decent film.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Lone survivor 8/10

Navy seals recon team in Afghan get ambushed on a bungled mission and try to get out alive. apparently based on true events.. Bit of a more modern "Black hawk down" film against all odds with a rescue attempt.. etc etc a good formula for this kind of film.

Its pretty good, graphic and i winced plenty of times.... gets a bit Call of duty in places but maybe the US military is really just that weird....

BASED on real events... but seriously juiced up for a pretty decent film.

Just watched that last night too, yea it was a good film, 7.5 / 10

The main thing that annoyed me about it though was the usual preposterous scenario you get in pure fiction films, where the 'bad guys' get shot once and go down but the 'good guys' get shot half a dozen times (including in the head in this one...) and just keep on going...

Soldato
The main thing that annoyed me about it though was the usual preposterous scenario you get in pure fiction films, where the 'bad guys' get shot once and go down but the 'good guys' get shot half a dozen times (including in the head in this one...) and just keep on going...

That's one of the only accurate facts in the movie. The injuries sustained by the SEAL's IRL were exactly the same as shown in the film after the director was given access to the autopsy reports and Luttrel's own memories of the event.

Soldato
I watched Gravity last night and Rush earlier before that.

I thought Gravity was OK but there wasn't really a story or a plot I felt. The special effects and sounds were pretty amazing but they couldn't cover up for quite a poor story. 6/10.

Rush however was brilliant. Yes I'm an F1 fan and I know quite a bit about the history of the sport and James Hunt's title year but I learned quite a bit more about that season. The shot of Niki Lauda as he is now and the archive footage of both Lauda and Hunt were beautifully poignant.

9/10 easily. I would say that my opinion of Lauda has worsened having watched the film. I found his character to be quite arrogant and too logical, "20% risk only" and where his character remarks that if there was another way he could earn the kind of money he could in F1 he'd do that. People will say the top F1 drivers are arrogant and I accept that. I just felt that Lauda's character was too cold in viewing F1 as a way of making money rather than as a sport in which to become a respected legend.

Associate
Rust and Bone (2012)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2053425/

Put in charge of his young son, Alain leaves Belgium for Antibes to live with his sister and her husband as a family. Alain's bond with Stephanie, a killer whale trainer, grows deeper after Stephanie suffers a horrible accident.

A fairly emotive film. I'd liken it a little to The Diving Bell and the Butterfly.

A solid 7/10

Associate
Expendables 2 - 6/10

Knew exactly what to expect and was quite happy to switch off and let it do it's job.

The Thing (2012) - 7/10

Went in with very low expectations came out pleasently suprised. Falls away a little bit towards to end. Effects were pretty cool.

Soldato
The Lone Ranger. 2/5

Enjoyable in parts but on the whole its was quite poor. Johnny Depp got quite tiresome and as with most films at the moment it was overly long.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Grudge Match

Didn't know what to expect with this but glad to say it was entertaining. Adult humour with fairly sharp lines and they make no mistake pretending that they're still young and take the pee out of themselves which is nice to see and refreshing. I liked it!

Also, "tatht like athhh" :D :D

V F

V F

Soldato
The Lone Ranger. 2/5

Enjoyable in parts but on the whole its was quite poor. Johnny Depp got quite tiresome and as with most films at the moment it was overly long.

So it is. Like most of the Harry Potter films. 144 minutes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom