What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Amazing Spiderman 2 - 7/10

Did everything well humour, emotional swings, enjoyed the 3D and moved the story on really well. I am a fan of the reboot and prefer it to the originals.

But Electro and Goblin were a bit of a let down for me and didn't seem to gel very well.

would have been a 6/10 but Emma Stone is allowed a +1 from me.

I feel that Captain America overshadowed it a little bit and was the better film.

Soldato
Transcendance. 2/10.

A real stinker, dull dull dull. The most boring film I have seen in ages. It felt like it dragged on for ages for a film that wasn't overly long. Everytime it seemed like it might get going it just slowed right down again. The reviews of this film are spot on on this occasion. Pants.

The trailer shows 2 minutes of very exciting film, sadly though, that is all the excitement that is in the full length feature.

Last edited:
Caporegime
All is lost

The lesson learned from this movie is that taking too many naps is lethal at sea. First his boat his a crate when he was sleeping, then slept a few times more rather than fix it and head back to land. Sleeping when next storm hits and wrecked his boat, sleeping again when his life raft turned over, sleeping yet again when a ship went pass at night, which surely had he been awake and fired a flare when in front of it hey would have seen him.

I guess he was unlucky but got damn it seems every bad thing that happened to him while he was taking a nap! What's that clever idea in the end when instead of using a flare he decided to start a fire in a plastic container on a life boat?!

5/10

Associate
The Raid - 9/10

Superb action film, loved the fights!

9/10..? Really?

I watched this as a primer for RAID2 which looked decent on the trailer.

The raid was about 5/10 for me. No substance to it, and it relied on the fight scenes too much to carry it. Although the fights scenes were good, I thought they were bordering on comedy with the amount of time they went on for.

Probably in the minority here, but not something I would watch again.

Soldato
The Desolation of Smaug.

6.5/10.

Disappointing. Lots of loose plots that I didn't really care about and lots of pointless fights. I couldn't care less about seeing Legolas/Gandalf etc fighting a thousand orcs...I know they survive as they are in the TLOTR films, there was no drama in most of the scenes, or it was attempted in the wrong places.

One

One

Soldato
The Majestic - 6/10

Quite good, I watched it just to see Jim Carrey in a more serious role. Plot is a bit flawed and some of the green screens were so obvious it detracted a bit from the film but the setting of the film and the subjects it covered were nice. The ending was quite contrived too.

Soldato
9/10..? Really?

I watched this as a primer for RAID2 which looked decent on the trailer.

The raid was about 5/10 for me. No substance to it, and it relied on the fight scenes too much to carry it. Although the fights scenes were good, I thought they were bordering on comedy with the amount of time they went on for.

Probably in the minority here, but not something I would watch again.

Maybe you're expecting too much from what's essentially a martial arts showcase vehicle.

I agree that some of the fights were unfeasibly long (especially the final showdown) and there's no way they'd be able to keep up that kind of pace while taking that many hits, but getting too analytical about it kind of misses the point :)

Soldato
Starship Troopers Invasion (The animated one released in 2012?)

7.5/10

Have to say it has some awesome bits and terrible bits. Probably one of the best looking/awe inspiring space battles I've seen in a long time! Story is obviously not the strong suit, but acceptable. Ultimately it does what it says, lots of weapons, lots of bugs, lots of kills.

Orders of magnitude better than 2 & 3 (those were simply unforgivable) and definitely worth a watch imo

Caporegime
Carrie (2013) The Re-up. 6/10

Ok i've never read the book, i've not seen the 1976 version for at least 20 years....so!

Turned it into 00's teen movie with horrific cheesy characters and some very bad over animated acting by "hit girl" Carrie.
Mum is played well. All the classic scenes are well done. The climax is Hollywooded x1000 for extra booms .
Thankfully it seemed short and ended...
Seriously reminded me of scary movie sometimes and i laughed at every gruesome scene

Back
Top Bottom