What film did you watch last night?

Associate
World War Z - 4/10

Not a great film, not a terrible film. The part in Israel was pretty cool. Last act, which I read was a re-write, was terrible. Hope the read the book for the sequel. Not going on a plane ride with Bradley Pitts anytime soon!

Soldato
The Wolf of Wall Street 9/10

Can I bring myself to give this an all out 10/10 :confused: maybe!

I think the reason I enjoyed it so much was the fact that a lot of the things they were doing happened to me in real life

Soldato
World War Z - 4/10

Not a great film, not a terrible film. The part in Israel was pretty cool. Last act, which I read was a re-write, was terrible. Hope the read the book for the sequel. Not going on a plane ride with Bradley Pitts anytime soon!

You do have to wonder just how bad the original last act/script was to make them spend all that cash on a rewrite/reshoot and still end up with that cack...

Associate
Snowpiercer - 4/10

What felt like a B movie had a bumper load of know actors - Chris Evans, Jamie Bell, John Hurt, Ed Harris, to name a few so I can see where all their budget was spent on.

Had some interesting scenes and the story had an interesting take on post-apocalyptic but these know actors couldn't save the stench from this film....it was bad!

You do have to wonder just how bad the original last act/script was to make them spend all that cash on a rewrite/reshoot and still end up with that cack...

I believe they shot the huge battle in Russia and the Mathew Fox character shacking up with Pitts wife as she thinks he's dead. I'll wager test audiences weren't happy with the lack of "Yeah 'murica!!" so they made it a bit more 'happy'...

Soldato
Wolf of Wall Street - Marvelously entertaining film imo!

In keeping with the various scoring methodologies used within this thread:

- 9/10
- 4.5/5
- 18/20 (although probably closer to 18.2/20 but I rounded down!)

:D

Soldato
Kill Bill 1

9/10

Maybe the 4th or 5th time I've watched it. Going through a Tarantino phase at the moment. Just love this movie. So over-the-top, dorky and self-gratifying, but each time I just sit there with a gormless grin on my face for all 2 hours. First time I've watched it in HD too - looked immense!

Back
Top Bottom