What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
The Amazing Spiderman 2

Hot damn, now that was enjoyable!

The 3D was actually very good, bettered only by Avatar and Gravity imo. Swinging through the city in 3D was sexy as hell.

Great mix of action,
Dat first fight with Electro and the slow-mo stopping of people touching the electrified rails!

humour
Answering the wrench instead of the phone.

and sadness,
The whole Gwen death scene was very well done imo.

exactly what the Spidey comics are. Some proper lol moments I wasn't expecting, way more than the 1st one.

The only negatives I have are the changes to some origin stories, some of the casting choices, and the rushed feel of the "Spiderman is awesome... I HATE spiderman." change of hearts some of the characters have.

I do wonder who the fourth bad guy will be, we obviously have Rhino, Doc Oc and Vulture based on the Oscorp equipment.

Also, off the back of her valedictorian speech, Emma Stone has a really nice voice.. and those boots! Hnnnnnnngh!

I haven't enjoyed a superhero flick as much since The Dark Knight, well done, 9/10 from me!

Don
The Amazing Spiderman 8/10

Dwayne Dibley gets spurned by his super hero idol and goes full retard. Thoroughly enjoyable romp that tugs at the heart strings one way or another.

Yeah the 3d was excellent.

And yeah Emma Stone, hnnnnnnnnnngh, in the long boots or socks. You could see in the first one the chemistry between the two of them, no wonder they ended up together.

Associate
World War Z - 4/10

Not a great film, not a terrible film. The part in Israel was pretty cool. Last act, which I read was a re-write, was terrible. Hope the read the book for the sequel. Not going on a plane ride with Bradley Pitts anytime soon!

Soldato
The Wolf of Wall Street 9/10

Can I bring myself to give this an all out 10/10 :confused: maybe!

I think the reason I enjoyed it so much was the fact that a lot of the things they were doing happened to me in real life

Soldato
World War Z - 4/10

Not a great film, not a terrible film. The part in Israel was pretty cool. Last act, which I read was a re-write, was terrible. Hope the read the book for the sequel. Not going on a plane ride with Bradley Pitts anytime soon!

You do have to wonder just how bad the original last act/script was to make them spend all that cash on a rewrite/reshoot and still end up with that cack...

Associate
Snowpiercer - 4/10

What felt like a B movie had a bumper load of know actors - Chris Evans, Jamie Bell, John Hurt, Ed Harris, to name a few so I can see where all their budget was spent on.

Had some interesting scenes and the story had an interesting take on post-apocalyptic but these know actors couldn't save the stench from this film....it was bad!

You do have to wonder just how bad the original last act/script was to make them spend all that cash on a rewrite/reshoot and still end up with that cack...

I believe they shot the huge battle in Russia and the Mathew Fox character shacking up with Pitts wife as she thinks he's dead. I'll wager test audiences weren't happy with the lack of "Yeah 'murica!!" so they made it a bit more 'happy'...

Back
Top Bottom