What film did you watch last night?

So that's a no for Suicide Squad then?

got to say, the oft made suggestion that people are fans of star wars or or star trek is nonsense. there are 2 types of people in the world those that can extrapolate from incomplete data sets and...

Well played, sir, but I have it on good authority that there are three types of people in the world. ;)

FURY. Awesome film, sort of like World of Tanks meets Saving Private Ryan. Actually quite well written as well and shows a bit of the darkness one may have had to cling onto to survive.

The only major issue was how quickly the lead character went from I am an absolute saint to kill all Nazis even if they are surrendering. Don't buy that someone like that would click so quickly into that mindset (In fact I cant say I believe he would have survived the first bouts with absolutely no combat skills; I mean he's in the tank 10 minutes and he can hit a target blind from across a field using a few tracer rounds).

Plus I'm pretty sure Shia LeBeouf shouts just do it however I may have imagined it.

Despite the rant I really do still recommend this.

FURY. Awesome film, sort of like World of Tanks meets Saving Private Ryan. Actually quite well written as well and shows a bit of the darkness one may have had to cling onto to survive.

The only major issue was how quickly the lead character went from I am an absolute saint to kill all Nazis even if they are surrendering. Don't buy that someone like that would click so quickly into that mindset (In fact I cant say I believe he would have survived the first bouts with absolutely no combat skills; I mean he's in the tank 10 minutes and he can hit a target blind from across a field using a few tracer rounds).

Plus I'm pretty sure Shia LeBeouf shouts just do it however I may have imagined it.

Despite the rant I really do still recommend this.

Fury was good until the tank scene. After that it was filler and stylised crap

We took our two girls to see Moana this morning. We all enjoyed it well enough. Wonderful looking, quite funny, a bit scary in parts. I thought The Rock did a good job.

I'm hoping to take my eldest daughter (7yo) to see it over Christmas. I really want to see it too but looks better going with a child than a 45yo bloke watching a kids movie alone :)

I've watched loads lately but only a few stand out.

Free state of Jones. Excellent film 9/10.
The Counselor. Superb 9/10.
In a Valley of Violence. 4/10.
The Greasy Strangler.?????
The Revenant. 8/10
Captain Fantastic. 7/10

Rogue One 8/10

Good movie but dark for a Star Wars flick. K2 is the best charter. It's nice to do something different but they could have done that without picking a darker direction. They should have re cast rather than using CGI.

Rogue One

What TFA should have been.Loved it!

Loved the Tone, The look and feel and the nods to A new Hope.

10/10

Off to see it again in 3D

My faith restored after the nonsense that was TFA

Ghostbusters (2016), Unfortunately closer to Scooby Doo movies than ghostbusters, not the fault of the leads, the story and visuals are seriously sub par. 5/10.

Saving Mr Banks. Brilliant cast, acting, etc, but it's irksome knowing that the story deviates quite a long way from reality. P L Travers comes across as a bit of a mentalist, and you get the feeling that Walt Disney must have been dedicated to either his artistic vision or to the expected income from the film to put up with her.

Back
Top Bottom