What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Another one here for The Accountant. Liked it a lot, and didn't work out the sort of twist at the end. Probably because I was so into the movie and not analysing things.

8 / 10

Soldato
Dallas Buyers Club 9/10

Very compelling true account of an AIDs sufferer's rebellion and quest for drugs. Matthew McConaughey's acting is brilliant. It's a heavy duty movie, not for the faint of heart. And where many actors have to bulk up and get muscular for certain movies, this was the complete opposite, obviously having had to lose a lot of weight.

Associate
Suicide Squad, goodness knows why - it's been slated enough in here. Anyways, I wasted a 99p rental from Amazon on this tat, not to mention nearly 2 hours. It's not without an occasional moment, but best left for a long-haul flight imo.

3/10.

Soldato
Batman vs Superman 6/10

It wasn't completely dreadful and I was reasonably entertained despite feeling more could've been done with it. Once the Cave Troll turned up however, things all went a bit wrong, to say the least.

Batfleck was easily the best part of it, which is surprising given how appalled/amused we all were all were when originally told of his casting. Cavill's been painted in to a corner with Superman and I was still too distracted by Amy Adams ski jump nose to worry about her lack of purpose in the film.

I am tempted to watch the extended version though...

Caporegime
That scene was good although it lasted about 30 seconds, so wasn't enough to raise the standard of the rest of the film.

The film was terribly clichéd and I lost count of the number of times they repeated things for the younger audiences. If you analyse the film objectively without the Star Wars context it was no better than a Michael Bay action film.

Having extrapolated the plot from the other films there wasn't much to work with other than action. It needed more emotion and meaningful characters to make it great. I know a film is good when I'm still thinking about it after leaving the cinema. But Rogue One digested through me faster than the popcorn I ate. With a better screenplay and a director such as Ridley Scott or Christopher Nolan I think it could have been a point or two higher.

That's just insulting. :p Micheal Bay has only ever made one good film, The Rock. To put Rogue One in the same category as any of his other films is as wrong as wrong can be!

It's an amazing film. It gave a perfect dose of emotion; I felt connected to all of the main characters and then they all ended up dead. Brought tears to my eyes tbh! And then that ending... Goosebumps galore.

Last edited:
Soldato
the spoilers are only supposed to be in the Rogue one thread bud :/ (says it in the thread title) ive avoided it specifcally because of it lol...

Ahh well it couldnt be as bad as when a work colleague spoiled The Force Awakens for me...you probably know which bit :(

Caporegime
Yeah but this thread doesn't mention anything about spoilers. Most people in here talk in specifics about certain points of films. It's a review thread after all. Sorry anyway though mate! :(

Soldato
Have you seen Prometheus?

:p

Yep classic :p To be fair to Ridley one of the main weaknesses of that film was the screenplay.

That's just insulting. :p Micheal Bay has only ever made one good film, The Rock. To put Rogue One in the same category as any of his other films is as wrong as wrong can be!

I would say most of Michael Bay's films overshadow the last five Star Wars films, in terms of action, effects, comic relief etc. At their core the Star Wars films are about on par with the Transformers series (Bay's least impressive work). It just depends what kind of fan you are as to which is deemed 'better'.

Back
Top Bottom