What film did you watch last night?

Man of Honour
I watched the Lion King twice this week (once on Christmas Dy - blighted with adverts, mind). Absolutely brilliant - practically flawless in execution and such a treat on the eyes and the ears. Just goes to show the big payoff you get when dealing with what are actually adult issues in a family friendly context. I like the balance between needing to put your past behind you but also manning up to your responsibilities. Scar is also hilarious.

10/10

Soldato
Santa Claus The Movie - I'm sure I liked this film as a kid, but oh dear. Not sure I even want to rate it, but my bum regrets the hour & forty five minutes it had to sit there.
I watched it a few years ago remembering how much I enjoyed it on Christmas Day as a child. I learned then and there that child friendly Christmas movies shouldn't be re-watched as an adult as they lose their magic along the years. :(

Soldato
Just watched Deadpool... surprisingly entertaining! I usually only watch superhero movies for the impressive CGI, which is all I really enjoyed about The Revenant the other day... surprisingly unmemorable and unconvincing, perhaps because I was expecting more from that and nothing whatsoever from Deadpool.

Soldato
The Take

Basically Idris Elba's love letter to the James Bond producers. There were a couple of good action sequences but apart from that pretty run of the mill. The Paris setting made it feel better than it was, but it came across very Braquo-lite. The American accents on the British actors was really bad too, both Idris Elba and Richard Madden (very generic performance from the King of the North).

Disposable entertainment.

4/10

Back
Top Bottom