What film did you watch last night?

the latest resident evil one. Better than most but still pretty poor. 5/10
I don't know why i've watched all off them.

Me too, i liked them all but the final was really was poor. They didn't even explain how the white house show down connected to the start of this one.

Elysium which just started on channel 5. Been meaning to see this movie so now's my chance!

edit: Damn, apparently it had started at 9pm so I only saw the last hour. Seemed quite fun and very cliche'd.

Last edited:
Heat - Pacino and De Niro
One of the best films ever made. All star cast, fantastic cinematography and the best sound I have ever heard on film. Yes, 'that' scene. It oozes style. The sound of the gun shots echoing around the streets, it just brings a massive smile to my face. I even told my wife to be quiet whilst that scene was on. She seemed impressed too as she has never seen it before so I think a re-watch is in order from the beginning as she only came home during that bit.

A few of my favourite scenes in no particular order:
The shape charge setup on the security van and robbery. Totally quiet, music to keep you on your toes. On a clock. Great stuff.
Tom Sizemore looking over the shoulder at the diner customer. Don't mess.....
Kelsos porch-looking down at the traffic into Downtown LA. Peaceful location but a vision away from the bustle of the commute.
Vincent chasing Neil before the restaurant chat.
Restaurant chat. (I am sure that was done on the fly (improvised))
plenty more but those are my stand out moments.

Heat is absolutely one of the best films ever made and certainly has the greatest gun fight of any film in my view. The lack of music during that scene adds to the immersion and it's edited in a slow way where you see them methodically unload an entire magazine, reload, rinse repeat in this efficient, disciplined manner. It's way, way better than almost anything made since in that department.

I watched Hacksaw Ridge this eve. Brilliant film. I'm often very picky about war films and was concerned this one would be too flag wavy for me but it wasn't at all. Even got teary eyed at the end credits. 9/10

Oh forgot to add. GF really wants to see the new 50 shades of **** in the cinema and I hadn't seen the first one, so we put that on on Friday night.

Errm...well...Trying to be unbiased about it. It was a typical book-chick flick type film which was made to milk the cow that is the 50 shades franchise. Character development was terrible. Acting was also terrible. It was watchable (barely) and it reaffirmed my original thoughts that it was only a huge hit because of the books and nothing else. If it was a stand alone release it would have flopped.

Ah well, lets see if I can avoid seeing the sequel for a few years :p

Oh forgot to add. GF really wants to see the new 50 shades of **** in the cinema and I hadn't seen the first one, so we put that on on Friday night.

Errm...well...Trying to be unbiased about it. It was a typical book-chick flick type film which was made to milk the cow that is the 50 shades franchise. Character development was terrible. Acting was also terrible. It was watchable (barely) and it reaffirmed my original thoughts that it was only a huge hit because of the books and nothing else. If it was a stand alone release it would have flopped.

Ah well, lets see if I can avoid seeing the sequel for a few years :p

My wife would have to drug me to go watch that nonsense :p

Saying that we watched:

Underworld: Blood Wars

Um, well, Beckinsall still looks good.... nope can't think of anything else.

Its like they just stopped trying after the first one.

2/10

logan - 8/10 - very good and bleak.
children of men - 9/10 - not seen it before and i hate clive owen but he was actually watchable in this.
american hustle - 5/10 - i don't get the praise for this - it was all over the place, not particularly funny, not particularly cohesive. don't know why it was nominated for so many oscars.

Freaks of Nature

Horror/comedy, very silly, but actually decent production quality as comedy horrors go. Good cameos.

6/10

Nocturnal Animals

Those opening credits, LOL! I thought the ending fell a bit flat, but I enjoyed it overall, and the tense bits were bloody tense!

7/10

Freaks of Nature

Horror/comedy, very silly, but actually decent production quality as comedy horrors go. Good cameos.

6/10

Nocturnal Animals

Those opening credits, LOL! I thought the ending fell a bit flat, but I enjoyed it overall, and the tense bits were bloody tense!

7/10

The openly credits makes no sense and felt it was there to shock for attention.

I saw this at the cinema...massive screen, I was shocked. Lucky or not, I was the only one in the cinema at the time.

Hell or High Water. Chris Pine and the always great Ben Foster play two brothers (one a straight arrow, one just out of prison for bank robbery) going on a robbery spree in West Texas to try and stop a rapacious bank from taking their dead mother's ranch. Jeff Bridges plays his usual grizzled cowboy persona as a just about to retire Texas Ranger trying to catch the two robbers before he's pensioned off.

Shot beautifully to show the desolate West Texas landscape and broken down towns, it's really just a backdrop to the characters and relationship between the brothers and what they are trying to achieve, and Bridges desperation for one last hurrah. Fantastically acted by all the leads, the justification for the brother's actions, the sacrifice of one of them, the other desperate to do anything to save his family gradually unfolds. Sprinkled funny moments make a little lightness to counterbalance a few shocking turns. It's a grown up drama polished nicely and acted greatly by all concerned. It punches well above it's weight.

Last edited:
The openly credits makes no sense and felt it was there to shock for attention.
It was one of her performance art exhibition shows.

I think it was there along with several other scenes just to highlight how pretentious and bobbins her life was, ultimately she had sold out on her true love in persuit of that and over the course of the film she comes to realise how hollow it all is.

It was one of her performance art exhibition shows.

I think it was there along with several other scenes just to highlight how pretentious and bobbins her life was, ultimately she had sold out on her true love in persuit of that and over the course of the film she comes to realise how hollow it all is.

I saw them as pieces in a wider shot but it was not really needed.

Back
Top Bottom