What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Finally got round to watching Rogue One after seeing so many glowing reviews of it and I can honestly say I was massively underwhelmed!

Putting aside the fact that it has no storyline connection to the last "new" film, I didn't find the main plot even remotely interesting due to the fact that anyone who has seen A New hope, which let's face it, is everyone who has any interest in seeing this film, knows precisely how it was going to end!

As a standalone spectacle it was passable I guess but making films out of sequence will always be predictable!

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Chips - was not expecting anything going into this movie. Surprisingly funny, crude but hilarious in a few parts. Michael Pena does what he does best. The other chap was good as well where they had good chemistry. 7.5/10

Soldato
Finally got round to watching Rogue One after seeing so many glowing reviews of it and I can honestly say I was massively underwhelmed!

Putting aside the fact that it has no storyline connection to the last "new" film, I didn't find the main plot even remotely interesting due to the fact that anyone who has seen A New hope, which let's face it, is everyone who has any interest in seeing this film, knows precisely how it was going to end!

As a standalone spectacle it was passable I guess but making films out of sequence will always be predictable!
Why would it have a storyline connection to Episode VII? A prequel of any sorts will always be a bit predictable to some extent as you kinda know how it ends. The how and the why of the story was well done and filled in the blanks of the beginning of A New Hope.

Caporegime
Life (2016)

Horror thriller about an alien and what could happen if we discover life.

Plenty of tense moment, actually logical decision from the crew and a good ending! The acting was good from the entire cast and the CGI was terrific, the alien is all CGI CGI but it has good texture, shading and even weight when it called for it. The only down side is the characters are a little one dimensional, nobody was given more than a 2 line background of who they are and what are their motivator and roles. Just enough I guess to service the role, it's a minor gripe as too much of this will slow the movie down.

Overall, I give it a 8/10.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom