What film did you watch last night?

Don
I watched Passengers the other night. 6/10 I guess. Considering there's been some pretty good space/sci-fi films out the past year or so I had high hopes, but it really wasn't anything remarkable at all. Felt like it was ticking a lot of boxes (romance, comedy, action, peril) without any real purpose to the story line.

I watched this in the cinema, film would have been 10x better if..

They edited the film differently so it showed her waking up first, then they could reveal/flashback Chris Pratt's struggle. The way that we watch it, it's very linear, with no reveal for the audience.

Moon is a far better film in terms of story. Passengers was ok, but we had already empathised with Pratt and seen his personal battle, it would add a lot of depth if we found out how she did.

Don
Hell or High Water

Modern western set in West Texas with themes of consumer debt crisis, out of control banks and US gun culture. Some great comic relief in there, and plenty of food for thought.

8/10.

Really liked this, Ben Foster being Ben Foster. Wasn't sure about him in his earlier roles (Punisher), but he is a great actor.

This film feels sits nicely beside There Will Be Blood in any collection.

Caporegime
Hell or High Water.

Pretty good for the most part, though trying to understand what they were saying some of the time was a little tricky 7/10.

Caporegime
Hell or High Water

Modern western set in West Texas with themes of consumer debt crisis, out of control banks and US gun culture. Some great comic relief in there, and plenty of food for thought.

8/10.

The older brother didn't need to hit the old guy in the fcae in the bank. From that point on I couldn't give two hoots about the characters.

Soldato
I watched Passengers the other night. 6/10 I guess. Considering there's been some pretty good space/sci-fi films out the past year or so I had high hopes, but it really wasn't anything remarkable at all. Felt like it was ticking a lot of boxes (romance, comedy, action, peril) without any real purpose to the story line.

I watched this yesterday evening and wasn't really that impressed. Visually nice to look at but that was about it. The last act was laughable
as the reactor ripped through most of the ship that kept it safe and it managed to stay intact for another 80 odd years. I don't think so.
Jennipout was just doing her usual pouty self but I do have to admit that swimming costume hell yeah. Other than that not much to write home about. Did they not have any kids and grandkids during their travels. if I missed that then oh well.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The older brother didn't need to hit the old guy in the fcae in the bank. From that point on I couldn't give two hoots about the characters.
True, the older brother was a psycho as evidenced by his rampage at the end. I took that to be an attempt to explain the outlaws of the old wild west - these guys were often not Robin Hood type, lovable rogue characters as portrayed by Hollywood, they were greedy and violent and not very nice people. Then you have the opposite of the outlaw - the law, which no-one had a good word to say about, which allows the bank to do as it did, and yet everyone stood by it in the end - the Texas rangers, the have-a-go heroes. Just my two penneth[/QUOTE]

Caporegime
I watched this yesterday evening and wasn't really that impressed. Visually nice to look at but that was about it. The last act was laughable as the reactor ripped through most of the ship that kept it safe and it managed to stay intact for another 80 odd years. I don't think so. Jennipout was just doing her usual pouty self but I do have to admit that swimming costume hell yeah. Other than that not much to write home about. Did they not have any kids and grandkids during their travels. if I missed that then oh well.

Who cares what happened to them :p

Pants movie :p

Caporegime
True, the older brother was a psycho as evidenced by his rampage at the end. I took that to be an attempt to explain the outlaws of the old wild west - these guys were often not Robin Hood type, lovable rogue characters as portrayed by Hollywood, they were greedy and violent and not very nice people. Then you have the opposite of the outlaw - the law, which no-one had a good word to say about, which allows the bank to do as it did, and yet everyone stood by it in the end - the Texas rangers, the have-a-go heroes. Just my two penneth

Not sure it was this deep tbh.

It was mediocre storytelling at best imo :)

Soldato
So i just watched baywatch with my wife (efron fan) and despite the hanging it has received by critics i enjoyed it. I expected it to be all out cheese and it was, so i was not disappointed.

Go in expecting plot and great lines 1/10, but as a good colourful laugh yeah 6.5/10 for me.

Caporegime
So i just watched baywatch with my wife (efron fan) and despite the hanging it has received by critics i enjoyed it. I expected it to be all out cheese and it was, so i was not disappointed.

Go in expecting plot and great lines 1/10, but as a good colourful laugh yeah 6.5/10 for me.

Would rather clap my hands full of **** than watch tat like that....Life is toooooooooooooooooooooooooooo short amigo.

Soldato
The assignment 6/10 - randomly film I found about a forget doctor makes a male hit man into a women in hope it changes his life outlook it doesn't.

Alien covenant 7/10 - I really enjoyed it however the crew were dumbasses

Soldato
John Wick 2 brilliant and there's so going to be a third.

Its going to be like fast and furious and never ending.

Well, I'd give it a 6.5 / 10

It was an entertaining action flick, but one of those films that was an unintentional comedy :D.....but omg, the dialogue was just terrible. Thankfully Keanu didn't have a lot to say, it's just amazing what he does have he delivers so so poorly

How does an actor get worse as his carreer progresses, surely practice should make you at least a little better

Associate
Baywatch last night. 7/10. Some good laughs and humor throughout. Gets an extra point or 2 for the women. My god, even my wife was enjoying the bikinis (plus Zac Effron being ripped but she enjoyed the women more apparently :p)

Permabanned
Would rather clap my hands full of **** than watch tat like that....Life is toooooooooooooooooooooooooooo short amigo.

As much as it pains me to agree with you Easy...

Though I've always found comedy to be similar to horror. What makes people laugh is equally as subjective as what can frighten them and is therefore almost immune to 'objective' criticism. Though of course, how the laughs and scares are structured within the framework of the flick is ultimately what makes it 'good' or 'bad'.

So few movies make me genuinely laugh these days. I think the last one that really tickled me was 'The Nice Guys'.

Caporegime
I watched this yesterday evening and wasn't really that impressed. Visually nice to look at but that was about it. SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS.
Sigh... please use spoiler tags when writing about detailed plot events, it's what they're there for.

Back
Top Bottom