What film did you watch last night?

Permabanned
You're suggesting that Spider-Man 2 is a good film when I was merely commenting upon characterisation. Agree or disagree with you about the quality of the film itself, I still feel that Tobey Maguire does not portray a good Peter Parker. In fact I think he does a worse job than Andrew Garfield.

I agree, I rewatched the 3 Spider-man films that Maguire done recently and his acting and portraying was bad.

Man of Honour
Watched two Disney films today for the first time:

Zootropolis - 8.5/10. Not a huge amount to say about this other than I was surprised that it dealt with issues of racism and stereotyping, usually silently omitted from kids films.

Frozen - 5/10. Really disappointed with this, not sure where the hype comes from? Maybe it became popular simply because it had two female leads? Not particularly funny, plot not that intriguing, one good tune... I was left a bit puzzled. Not bad but largely forgettable watching as an adult. I do wonder how the Lion King would stack up if I watched it as an adult for the first time. Every time I see the Lion King now, I think it’s pretty much flawless.

Permabanned
Watched two Disney films today for the first time:

Frozen - 5/10. Really disappointed with this, not sure where the hype comes from? Maybe it became popular simply because it had two female leads? Not particularly funny, plot not that intriguing, one good tune... I was left a bit puzzled. Not bad but largely forgettable watching as an adult. I do wonder how the Lion King would stack up if I watched it as an adult for the first time. Every time I see the Lion King now, I think it’s pretty much flawless.

Maybe because the movie is aimed at girls under the age of 10.

Caporegime
Lies, it has at least 3.

But anyway, it's no Tangled, that's for sure.

Neither of them are Beauty and the Beast, of course.

Man of Honour
Lies, it has at least 3.

But anyway, it's no Tangled, that's for sure.

Neither of them are Beauty and the Beast, of course.
Yes I watched Tangled on a whim a few years ago and thought it was outstanding. There was one line that made me get the giggles for about five minutes and we had to pause it.

”.... you broke my smoulder!!” :D

Only saw BATB for the first time this year - some things were good but I wouldn’t watch it again. They stole that Carnival of the Animals song for the theme tune and, fully acknowledging it’s aimed at kids, some of the characters like Lefou and the tea cup were just too dumb and cutesy for my liking. Also, Beast was just a total arse :p

Lion King is the bestest!

Soldato
Happy Death Day - 6.5 / 10

If you have seen the trailer then you know this is a kind of Groundhog Day/Slasher Flick combo - and to be fair, is done well for the type of film it is.

Plenty of nods to other films in the genre, it knows what it is and doesn't take itself too seriously and I didn't know who the killer was until the reveal!

Associate
Was up in Carlisle and noticed they had The Shining on at the cinema.
Remember watching it in the early 80's and finding it pretty boring and found it still boring.
Although can appreciate now how good the performance from the 3 lead actors was especially Shelley Duvall's even though she is goofy looking.

Don
Happy Death Day - 6.5 / 10

If you have seen the trailer then you know this is a kind of Groundhog Day/Slasher Flick combo - and to be fair, is done well for the type of film it is.

Plenty of nods to other films in the genre, it knows what it is and doesn't take itself too seriously and I didn't know who the killer was until the reveal!

Just watched this, perfectly enjoyable, 6.5/10

Man of Honour
Arachnophobia - this must be the first time I’ve watched this without terrestrial ‘channel 5’ signal quality! Delightfully hammy with ridiculous ‘special effects’. John goodman’s character is a little annoying but otherwise a watchable ‘monster flick’. 6.5/10

Sing - quite fun but most of the characters are shallow as they juggle so many. Not a classic by any means. 5.5/10

Soldato
Oblivion. Utter crap. 3/10. Some decent effects, and a solid start, but it just becomes tedious and none of the twists are pulled off effectively. It basically steals aspects of lots of sci-fi movies of the past but isn't in the same league as any of them.

We Need to Talk About Kevin. 4/10 and all of that is for Tilda Swinton's performance. I didn't like it at all. It got some good reviews but I don't see it at all.

So yeah, not a good movie night for me!

Soldato
A Ghost Story

I'm a philistine and I did not enjoy this very much at all. I acknowledge that the failing is all mine.
:p

I think I really liked it. But it is a very strange film. I think watching it are home with any distraction etc just would not work. You need to be immersed in it with no choice but to carry on!

Back
Top Bottom