What film did you watch last night?

i watched a real hardcore mans film.... The lion king (the original animation one from the 90s)

enjoyed every minute of it . its one of those films you are supposed to only watch if you are under 10 but you know as a grown man it still great to watch....and beats any of the more modern garbage that disney have been pumping out lately
have tried to watch this more than once, due to the high praise it receives.
cant last more than about half hour though. i think its complete rubbish and not a patch on Disneys older stuff.

The Whale

Other than Brendan Fraser acting his socks off I really didn't get on with this. The other characters were horrid , from his feeder friend to borderline psychopathic daughter. Just hated them all. Everyone just annoyed the hell out of me. Brendan and the prosthetics people deserve every award offered but i found the film very sweet and sour.

Last edited:
have tried to watch this more than once, due to the high praise it receives.
cant last more than about half hour though. i think its complete rubbish and not a patch on Disneys older stuff.
When you say older stuff what do you mean? Lion King was 1994. Nearly 30 years ago. I was 12 when it came out. Loved it then and still love it now. Brilliant movie.

Saw The Whale too, probably one of the most powerful movies personally since Shawshank. All about character and connections. Everyone knows Fraser is a top tier actor, and his absence all these years hasn't affected his abilities one single bit. The musical score and build-up to the more tense dialogue scenes were done so well. And this was a movie set in a single room, with only a handful of characters that come and go. You really have to have a stellar combination of script, acting and cinematography to pull that off.

Last edited:
It still gets me to this day and I'm 41 now. It's a proper heartbreaking moment. Also having lost my own dad 7 months ago it hits harder now. Sane with the end of Ghostbusters Afterlife.
Ah, sorry to hear that about your dad and yeah I can imagine it'll affect you even more now :(

I actually haven't seen it for years but mainly coz I don't want to put myself through the trauma again! Lol!

The Whale

Other than Brendan Fraser acting his socks off I really didn't get on with this. The other characters were horrid , from his feeder friend to borderline psychopathic daughter. Just hated them all. Everyone just annoyed the hell out of me. Brendan and the prosthetics people deserve every award offered but i found the film very sweet and sour.
I feel exactly the same. Been waiting for the movie for some time but... Yeah.

i went old skool last night, watched a films from my younger days, i havent seen for a good few yrs, first up was Caddyshack. still makes me giggle even now, then i watched animal house. toga toga:D

tonight i dumbed down even further i just watched Die Hart, crap but a giggle

tomorrow all quiet on western front(subs version) for the upteenth time

Cocaine Bear (2023) - 7/10

Good entertaining fun even though it wasn’t as over the top or funny as I was expecting it to be.

Its style and storytelling is very old fashioned which makes it quite refreshing from modern movies and suits the 80’s setting.

Good acting, music and story, but it didn’t really have an ending.

Last edited:
Black Panther 2 - 4/10 - Average at best, with Angela Bassett's fantastic performance and good ones from both Lupita Nyong'o and Winston Duke being the only things I felt were any good. As always the stakes were too high for a non-Avenger film, the "two bland CGI armies fighting" mess that has plagued the MCU for far too long was yet again present in all its poor CGI quality, the story was generally poor, although you could at least see the "good" reason Namor was fighting, which is rare. It was overly long by at least 40 minutes, the score was bland and the Wakanda street sets felt very "low budget", the vast majority of the cast were utterly wasted (Iron-Girl, Namor's two commanders, Ross/Freeman, Lake Bell in a very poor role etc etc).

However, the few tributes to Boseman were a very good touch but obviously expected and Killmonger's cameo was cool to see.

just watched fifth element (1997)

Its a film that i last saw when i was about like 10, so i thought long time no see, I will give it another watch

its a old campy film starring bruce willis. a bit overblown and its looks like scripted by someone on lsd, but its a fun watch and i will be generous and give it a 8.5 out of 10

just watched fifth element (1997)

Its a film that i last saw when i was about like 10, so i thought long time no see, I will give it another watch

its a old campy film starring bruce willis. a bit overblown and its looks like scripted by someone on lsd, but its a fun watch and i will be generous and give it a 8.5 out of 10
also has the late Lenny Mclean (the Gov'nor) as a extra.

also has the late Lenny Mclean (the Gov'nor) as a extra.
ImpressivePerkyFlee-size_restricted.gif

Back
Top Bottom