What film did you watch last night?

Knock at the cabin. Enjoyed the film, although I was just waiting and waiting for the M. Night Shyamalan twist to appear! 7/10. Was also good to see Dave Bautista tackle a different acting role compared to what he normally gets.

A Man Called Otto - 7/10

Tom Hanks stars as Otto is a grump who's given up on life following the loss of his wife and wants to end it all. When a young family moves in nearby, he meets his match in quick-witted Marisol, leading to a friendship that will turn his world around.

MV5BNzg3OTEzMTgtYWU0OC00YTI0LWIxOTAtNmRkNTc0Nzg2YWU1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjY1MTg4Mzc@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Us and Nope never hit the heights of Get Out but i'll give full marks to any director making an attempt at something different to typical cookie cutter movies. Nope has some fantastic elements throughout but isn't able to quite draw them together in a tight and satisfying narrative. Nope works on it's performances which are great from all involved.

Last edited:
I ended up watching "Us" Last night.

Ehhh I didn't mind it, preferred Get Out by far but they are very different.

I enjoyed the first half, then I lost my way with it. But still glad I gave it a go

I ended up watching "Us" Last night.

Ehhh I didn't mind it, preferred Get Out by far but they are very different.

I enjoyed the first half, then I lost my way with it. But still glad I gave it a go
I wasn't that enthused about it either after my first viewing, though I did later go back and watch it again, and I'm glad I did.

Also, sometimes after watching a film of that type a couple of times, I may then watch a YT video detailing things I may have missed or didn't fully understand.
That can then make a future watch even better, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom