What film did you watch last night?

Parasite 6.5/10.

Been meaning to watch this one for a while and finally got around to it. Meh, nice twist, but i hated every single character (except the boy) and didn't care whether they lived or died - they were all horrible people.

Best film award? How?!
after they exposed the hidden cellar and the old dude hiding in it - kinda seemed a rushed ending. Prior to that I was expecting the invading family to take over the household, get their names on the lease and it ending with the rich family abandoned, possibly tied up, in the flooded basement flat.

Same!

Red Notice

At some point, Dwayne Johnson learnt to act. Not brilliantly but enough that he's no longer a clunky embarrassment in every scene. Alongside Gadot's sexy thief, he romps through a twisty jaunt of a heist movie. There's a few standout moments, with the Ed Sheeran joke at the end being one you can chuckle about for days afterwards. Unfortunately, the final of the trio of stars is Ryan Reynolds playing, as always, Ryan Reynolds - and it just doesn't work. The chemistry with The Rock isn't there, his humour doesn't work with the pacing or style of the film, and his almost but not quite fourth wall breaking quips feel like they should either have committed or not.

It's not that I don't like Reynolds - he's great in Deadpool - but it just doesn't work here, dragging what would otherwise be an enjoyable - if forgettable - romp down to the realms of mediocrity.

5/10 Ryaned by Reynolds.

Operation Mincemeat. Based on a true story but I think they've added a lot of stuff for dramatic effect which probably didn't need to be there. Not bad maybe a 7/10

Last edited:
The Whale - 5/10.

Didn’t see what all the fuss was about to be honest, even Brendan Fraser’s performance. Should be as much an award to the prosthetics guys as him when he wins stuff.
Nice to see him ‘back’ of course but I think everyone has gone just a tad overboard with the praise and are blinded by him, and not seeing the film for what it is… poor.

Really disappointed by Aronofsky these days, last film of his that I truly enjoyed was Black Swan.

Last edited:
A Man called Otto.

Amazing to see Tom Hanks still starring in top quality movies like this. Funny, moving and all of that. Been watching Hanks since his role in Big, he has refined himself into an old man role perfectly, look forward to seeing what he stars in next. Gets an 8/10 from me. This and The Whale have been highlights of the year for sure. Both embody the human connection to everyday life and the struggles people go through in different ways.

Planet of the Apes trilogy over the last few nights for me and all fantastic, yet different films with Dawn being my favourite of the three.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - 4/5
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 4/5
War for the Planet of the Apes - 4/5

Planning on watching Creed III at the cinema sometime this week, so we re-watched the first two movies.

The first movie is still a bit better than the second IMO. Just a bit more substance to it really.

Creed - 8/10
Creed II - 7/10

Jerry & Marge Go Large

Nice undemanding true story film with two good leads. Annette Bening shows she can play nice, whilst Cranston is Cranston. Some very cliche moments, and not sure if the jeopardy of the Harvard guy was added or actually happened.

6.5/10

Just read that there was another syndicate playing the game, though from MIT, and they did not try to bully Jerry. It did not feel right in movie and should not have been added

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom