What film did you watch last night?

Dunkirk.

Not the best war film I have seen but it was still pretty decent. It was lovely to recognise so many actors and particularly Cillian Murphy from Peaky Blinders, although I then spent ages trying to work out what I had seen them all in! Lol!

6/10

Last edited:
The banshees of inisherin 8.5/10

Trying to get some Oscar nominated films in before the Awards..

Had no idea what this was about and on a very basic level it's a tale of 2 friends falling out. It's mostly hilarious but does hit home when it needs to.

Read up a little after, the history of what it's meant to mimic and it's a little bit cleverer than the dark comedy you first take it for.

Some great acting , but I can't stop thinking about father Ted

Creed III -7.5/10
Thought it was really good, I mean the ending was fairly predictable but it was still a good ride along the way. Unlike most films these days they also kept the pacing pretty tight, it's almost exactly 2 hours long.

I saw it in IMAX and while some scenes were good in IMAX I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to see it in that format. Mind you I did mistakenly sit too close to the screen so had that thing where you have to move your neck around to see the whole scene.

Fall on Netflix, I'll give a 6/10.

Not a fan of heights so it was some difficult viewing at times, but it does a good job of keeping the viewer engaged. Just need to ignore the rushed ending and dodgy CGI at the start.

Nice to see something somewhat original.

Fall on Netflix, I'll give a 6/10.

Not a fan of heights so it was some difficult viewing at times, but it does a good job of keeping the viewer engaged. Just need to ignore the rushed ending and dodgy CGI at the start.

Nice to see something somewhat original.
Now go and watch some videos of the nutcases doing this for real on youtube, sweaty palm stuff.

Quite a famous one of some fella changing a light at the top of one such tower.

Now go and watch some videos of the nutcases doing this for real on youtube, sweaty palm stuff.

Quite a famous one of some fella changing a light at the top of one such tower.

Yeah, I know the one you mean, sweaty palms indeed.

Here it is for the benefit of @ebilcake :)

Yeah, I know the one you mean, sweaty palms indeed.

Here it is for the benefit of @ebilcake :)
there's not enough money in the world would make me do that job.......i'm sitting here contemplating taking a diazepam after watching about 30secs of that video :p

every sodding time he looked down i thought i was gonna faint......i absolutely hate heights, bothers me to stand on a chair!
I have a sick fascination with these videos, like the ones where folk are jumping from outcrop to outcrop on the edge of skyscrapers and the like - makes me uncomfortable but can't look away.

Back
Top Bottom