What film did you watch last night?

It was a decent movie, remember Tea Leoni being good in it, only thing I can remember seeing her in. Quite fancy watching it again.
You've never Bad Boys?! she was in that and she was SMOKING hot!

badboyshd_pub.png

deop008-66e9bfae-fbba-4459-af7c-99035d137027.jpg

Last edited:
Just watched deep impact from 1998 staring morgan freeman and Téa Leoni

gave it a 8/10

yeah, it was a armaggedon knock off but it still was a good watch.
Enjoyed Deep Impact far more than Armageddon, especially as it felt more real than the latter's bombastic USA saves the day.

Also sure that Armageddon was the knock off; Deep Impacts writer even went as far as saying Disney copied his ideas when he pitched it to them.

Enjoyed Deep Impact far more than Armageddon, especially as it felt more real than the latter's bombastic USA saves the day.

Also sure that Armageddon was the knock off; Deep Impacts writer even went as far as saying Disney copied his ideas when he pitched it to them.
Probably

When you look at the two films it’s really a question if you prefer the wisdom of Morgan freeman or the masculinity of Bruce Willis

Just out of the cinema. The Pope's exorcist. Russell Crowe battles evil, vanquishes demons and taking names while driving his Ferrari :cool: . Pretty entertaining and wasnt too bad or frightening. 7/10.

Last edited:
Thirteenth Floor

1999 was a great year for films so somehow this one flew under my radar. Really enjoyed the sci-fi concept. Reminded me of Westworld, Quantum Leap, The Matrix etc.

8/10

Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre - 6½/10 (IMDb has it at 6.3 right now, which is probably about right.)

It felt like a cheap Mission Impossible perhaps. Still fun and worth a watch, but not quite the quality you might hope for.

Avatar: the Way of Water - 6.5/10

Looks great, sounds great, but as others have said, too long. It could have lost 45 mins and been a better film for it.

The Menu - 6/10

Started out great and then just petered out into predictability. Again, could have lost 20 mins (Why can't a 90 min film be 90 mins, rather than padded out to 2hrs+...).

I watched the 60th anniversary addition of "Ice Cold In Alex" last night. The transfer to 1080p was stunning and was full screen on my 77" G2. A second world war film made in black and white.
I'd forgotten how gorgeous Sylvia Simms was when she was young and how good an actress she actually was. John Mills at his very very best and a totally believable character.
A deserved 8/10 from me.

Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre - 6½/10 (IMDb has it at 6.3 right now, which is probably about right.)

It felt like a cheap Mission Impossible perhaps. Still fun and worth a watch, but not quite the quality you might hope for.

Watched this the other day. I'd give it a good 7/10.

Was pretty good fun and didn't take itself too seriously. The acting was good, and the script they gave Hugh Grant cracked me up in places.

Shazam 2 (out local cinema is only just ahead of streaming). Fun, goofy entertainment.
Helen and Lucy both looked amazing. My wife told me that HM cracked two ribs doing her own stunts. Mind blown.

Back
Top Bottom