What film did you watch last night?

Just watched Finch on Apple TV. Better than I was expecting, a typically solid Tom Hanks movie. Could have done with being a bit shorter, but still enjoyed it, just the sort of film I was in the mood for.

7.5/10

Missing (2023) - 6 / 10

The digital presentation format mostly works well and complements the plot which is full of twists and turns, showing how “Big Brother” can save the day as well as condemn you in this modern digital age.

However, it does mean it can’t deliver the drama the story beats need and makes the plot drag a bit in the middle, especially when the investigation comes to yet another dead end.

The ending is a bit too much and feels a bit out of place, making an already credibility-stretching plot even more so, although it does lend some credence to the idea that “truth is stranger than fiction”.

Good acting from a conventional cast who actually don’t spend that much time on screen.

Evil Dead Rise 7/10. - fresh take on a established genre. Pretty good movie with lots of Easter eggs and references to the original. Quite enjoyable.

Had to watch ghostbusters 2016 with my niece (I like to call the rip off version of an old classic)

I will be generous and give it a 2/10

why ?

here is the a list of the similarities it has with the original ghostbusters:

- The title

er .....

Its like the original movie, but the person who wrote the script for the remake was obviously high on meth. They took the orginal story line, filled it with jokes as about as funny as an ebola diagnosis and actors that try too hard.

Last edited:
Going back through the Star Wars movies as I recently bought the Blu-ray box set. Starting with Episode 1 - it's pretty bad. I vaguely remember enjoying it a little more when it originally came out but the lines are delivered in such a wooden way as to make it hard work. The less said about Jar Jar Binks the better ...

Avatar https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499549/

I quite enjoyed what I saw, mainly for the colours and tropical environment, than the story or characters in it.
I fell asleep about halfway through, so I may pick up from where I left off later.

My screen isn't true HDR, but I thought it might be worth trying it out to see if I could detect some sort of benefit when using it.
I guess the colours looked a bit richer, but as I say, it most certainly isn't a proper HDR monitor (600).

Very impressive effects in what is now quite an old film.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyo
Back
Top Bottom